PDA

View Full Version : Samurai legends musashi

Masamunemaster
05-10-2007, 03:39 PM
I saw this at the mall yesterday for 10 dollars and decided why not since the first one was pretty interesting. what do you all think of this game, was it worth buying

Ichimonji
05-10-2007, 04:00 PM
I thought that Brave Fencer Musashi for the PSone was a lot better, but for ten dollars it's definitely worth the price.

Renmiri
05-10-2007, 04:33 PM
I am a big fan of the real life Musashi. I even wrote a fanfic character based on him! :love:

I didn't know there was a game for him. Thanks for the heads up! :D:D:D

Jowy
05-10-2007, 04:41 PM
Brave Fencer Musashi is a wonderful game, complete with cute, lovable characters, a fun storyline, and enough content to make you want to replay it over and over.

Samurai Legend Musashi is an example of why Tetsuya Nomura needs to be taken out back and shot.

Renmiri
05-10-2007, 05:11 PM
Nomura ?

Never!!!! He created Tidus and Yuna :love:

DK
05-10-2007, 06:33 PM
Nomura ?

That was probably the most counter-productive argument for why he should live that anyone could have ever given. :p

Renmiri
05-10-2007, 08:35 PM
Nomura ?

That was probably the most counter-productive argument for why he should live that anyone could have ever given. :p

Not for us Tidus and Yuna fangirls :p

Masamunemaster
05-11-2007, 05:15 PM
Well the game looks pretty cool, but it just seems a little under the wrong kind of game category

Ichimonji
05-12-2007, 01:10 AM
Brave Fencer Musashi is a wonderful game, complete with cute, lovable characters, a fun storyline, and enough content to make you want to replay it over and over.

Samurai Legend Musashi is an example of why Tetsuya Nomura needs to be taken out back and shot.

Actually Eric, not that I disagree with Nomura being shot and all, but he also did the artwork for Brave Fencer as well.

And on that note, another reason as to why Brave Fencer is better than Samurai Legend, is the voices.

Dragoon Kain
05-12-2007, 06:24 AM
I have both but i have yet to play brave fencer musashi. the little bit of samurai legend that i did play i loved. i thought the graphics were really cool. a lot different than the final fantasy 10 and 12 real life type of graphics. the battle system was fun as well. if brave fencer is anything like this one then im sure ill love it.

Frozen Phantom
05-13-2007, 08:21 AM
*this post contains some mature language...if your a little kid or a big baby...you may want to skip this post.*

To be quite honest....no Samurai Legends Musashi is not even worth 10 dollars....its just a waste....and it goes beyond just saying the game sucks...it sucks soo much I can actually go into detail here about it...consider this my semi review/rant of this game.

*I actually have played both Brave Fencer Musashi and Samurai Legends Musashi, but I never beat either of them, due to my stupidity as a child in BFM or the overall suckness of SLM.*

Concept:

I can't really tell if Samurai Legends Musashi is a sequel, a remake...or a off story follow up...but basically it uses the same type of story just with like 1 or 2 twists....so its up to your imagination. But basically...heres my sum up of the concept.

Take all the coolness of Brave Fencer Musashi, remove all the fun exploration and such, and turn it into a linear, boring, hack and slash fighter.

Story:

Oh god the story...don't even get me started, heres the story in a nutshell...without any real spoilers...

There are 4....5....idk..princess of the very cliché elements....save them and get the very cliché swords which really have no other purpose than preform 1 single attack thats really only used for obvious puzzles.

and the flying whale base....totally ripping off ff4...

Game play:

Boring....boring....boring...thats the only word I can say for it. And whats even worse is the ability copy system....which is total crap!!!

Lets recap, in BFM, you gained abilities by charging your sword and throwing it at enemies, nice and simple.

But in SLM...not only do you have a crappy stat system that really means nothing, you also have the worst idea for copying ever!!!!!!!!!! EVER!!!!! You literally have to let the enemy attack you...at close range, just to see if you can get an ability in the first place. Then you have to press the square button when an explanation point appears, which you don't know what attacks it will appear on...and even if it appears, you may not have enough "focus" in your stats and you just get hit....its just so retarded.....its probably the worst part of this entire game!!!!!!!

And lets not forget the save system....THE CRAPPY SAVE SYSTEM!!!! THERE IS ONLY 1 SAVE POINT IN THE ENTIRE GAME!!!!!! And thats in Musashi's room....and if your in the middle of a level...and you want to stop...well too bad...because you either have to complete the level...turn the game off or return to the base to have to start the level off all...over....again....

And 1 final part I want to add to this rant is the overall level design..remember the big, open, areas in BFM where exploration was rewarded with secret crystal things...yeah...thats not here anymore...now the each level (yeah now theres not even any over world like traveling...) Is just a short, very linear track without any real planing or creativity...and now all the crystal things aren't even hidden anymore...they're just in your path, which takes out any sense of exploration...too bad there isn't any anymore...

Well...this rant might of been a bit harsh...there are some cool parts about SLM...like the graphics...and that Musashi looks unbelievably awsome compared to BFM. And the opening animated cutscene thing before the menu is awsome as well...but everything else sucks...

in other words...DON'T BUY THIS GAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(I'm actually thinking of making a full rant/review movie over this game....so which the power of pictures I can rip this game a new one even more than before.)

Griff
05-13-2007, 04:22 PM
I liked the game, it wasn't great, but it wasn't terrible either. As X-Play put it: "This is a game that will subdue fans for a little while as they wait for Kingdom Hearts 2 to be released." That is precisely what it did. Now it is just a buried treasure. I say pick it up, at that price it serves as a good time killer.

Masamunemaster
05-14-2007, 06:40 AM
It does seem a little short though, I have played it for about 5 hrs, between work and other things, and I have gotten the sword of water and about to get the sword of fire.

Jowy
05-14-2007, 06:44 AM

Actually Eric, not that I disagree with Nomura being shot and all, but he also did the artwork for Brave Fencer as well.

And on that note, another reason as to why Brave Fencer is better than Samurai Legend, is the voices.

This was before he went crazy with BELTS AND ZIPPERS and the re-design recycling frenzy, however.

tidus_rox
05-17-2007, 12:59 AM
I Liked it... I dont see why some don't really like it. I mean, FFX and really ANY final fantasy ('cept x-2 lolz) is way better. By a mile. However, it is still a good game. I bought it on release date and loved it for a few months. If you bought it for 10 bucks, thats sweet!