PDA

View Full Version : YouTube - doesn't work in Firefox

Spiffing Cheese
05-10-2007, 06:16 PM
I just reinstalled Firefox, and it's refusing to play videos on YouTube or anything else. It keeps telling me I don't have Flash or that JavaScript is disabled, neither of which is true. Videos work fine in IE. Any ideas, please? :D

JKTrix
05-10-2007, 06:39 PM
Try reinstalling flash/java or whatnot. Since you reinstalled Firefox, it may have wiped all those settings.

Spiffing Cheese
05-10-2007, 06:51 PM
I did that and it still doesn't work. Gaaaah.

Renmiri
05-10-2007, 08:34 PM
Ouch!

sounds like my old desktop. I never found out what it was, some web forums said it was a worm / virus some said you had to do all kinds of esoteric register editing.. Nothing worked, I ended up reformatting the HD and reinstalling everything :(

The only thing I didn't try was to go back to Flash 7. You may want to try that.

ShunNakamura
05-10-2007, 09:29 PM
<span style="color:#FFCCFF">
If you have any Add-ons like NoScript make sure you are allowing scripts to run on youtube.com.

Also just to be sure go to firefox options and under content make sure java and javascript are enabled.
</span>

Discord
05-10-2007, 10:53 PM
Happens on reinstalls sometimes. I once updated Flash and it refused to work completely. After clearing out the Windows folder, the winreg, running about 5 different scans for the remaining Flash files and finally reinstalling it to see the same crash again was the only result I've ever gotten out of it. Had to smash down the whole OS.