PDA

View Full Version : Osu! It's Ouendan/Elite Beat Agents appreciation! *kahn thumbs up*

Lindy
05-10-2007, 10:24 PM
So, with Moero! Nekketsu Rhythm Damashii: Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan 2 just over a week away from release, perhaps it's time to return to it's roots, the original and the hilariously camp, reworked american pseudo-sequel!

Share some scores/stories/videos/hilarity about the best rhythmn game there ever damn was. gfto DDR, srsly.

For those of you who don't know what EBA/Ouendan are, here's a lil' edumacation :

Ouendan's Ready! Steady! Go! : YouTube - Ready Steady Go! Cheerleader Mode (S Rank Perfect) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fFgH0HM4RXY)
Elite Beat Agent's Jumpin' Jack Flash : YouTube - Elite Beat Agents - Jumpin' Jack Flash (Divas) ALL300 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OetQPbLQvss)

Sadly I'm a little bit behind the uhh...world, I guess, since I'm only just ploughing my way through Hard Rock, having finished JJF on Sweatin' earlier today. I blame the fact that my girlfriend keeps stealing my DS to play 'La! La!' >_>

P.S. Goddamn those Divas are slutty, I swear they spend at least 75% of every song either slapping or waving their behind, the other 25% seems to be pelvic thrusting.

JKTrix
05-11-2007, 03:28 AM
There are some topics that I must absolutely force myself into because it feels like I have a duty to represent them when they are brought up.

The Ouendan series is one of those topics.

Can't wait for Ouendan 2! Next week! In the meantime, here are some videos of people playing Ouendan 2.

Moero! Nekketsu Rhythm Damashii Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan 2 Videos (http://www.gamebrink.com/nintendo-ds/2771-Moero_Nekketsu_Rhythm_Damashii_Osu_Tatakae_Ouendan_2-videos.html)

Roto13
05-11-2007, 03:37 AM
P.S. Goddamn those Divas are slutty, I swear they spend at least 75% of every song either slapping or waving their behind, the other 25% seems to be pelvic thrusting.

Wait until the front one is replaced by Commander Kahn. xP

Lindy
05-11-2007, 10:40 AM
Kahn is the pure essence of manliness.

Kahn is a man's man's man's man.

Zeldy
05-22-2007, 10:57 PM
I have Ouendan 2. Well, my brother has.

Its good, but nothing really "new". Its just basically another version of the original. Like EBA and other first Ouendan, it takes awhile for me to get into them. Mainly due to the fact I hate playing on easy mode. Insane mode on Ouendan = <3

NINJA_Ryu
05-23-2007, 03:12 AM
well duh the divas are suppossed to be slutty!!!

im not advocating sluttiness here, but after three runs through the game (the last two, if starting on easy, being progressively more unfair and punishable, is nigh impossible) then its a funny little extra that just gives enough incentive to go for yet another round.

i lol'ed long and hard once i saw em.

ValkyrieWing
05-23-2007, 06:52 PM
I love EBA.

Best thing ever was when i had to spend a lot of time at the laundromat while we were moving...cause i got to spend HOURS with it. ^__^V

JKTrix
05-23-2007, 07:01 PM
I have Ouendan 2 now. I was surprised at a couple of songs that are in the game that I actually recognized from before. There's a song on there which is from Eureka 7 (one of my favourite anime) and the last song is the Ending Song from the Densha Otoko TV drama.
This is another game that uses the DS vibration cart, so it's cool to feel that working. Ouendan2 has all the improvements that EBA had over Ouendan, plus a couple more that I noticed.

The Ouendan series is my favourite 'new' series from the last few years. Love it.