PDA

View Full Version : computer crashes during gameplay

louby_4eva
05-10-2007, 10:27 PM
Basically, which is the only way I know how to say it, my boyfriends pc crashes everytime he plays counter strike source. It'll play for a while and then crashes, sometimes he can play for 2 hours, sometimes 10 minutes. He recently had a motherboard issue where a blue screen kept appearing and made his computer restart and he had to replace a few parts and since then the crashing has started. Any Ideas?? I'd be really grateful because I love counter strike as well :D :D :D

Smile and Be happy :love:

Discord
05-10-2007, 10:47 PM
[...]and he had to replace a few parts[...]

Which parts?

louby_4eva
05-10-2007, 10:51 PM
Motherboard, processor, ram, soundcard and monitor. I can't imagine the monitor is that important but I have no idea about these things.

Discord
05-10-2007, 10:56 PM
Motherboard, processor, ram, soundcard and monitor. I can't imagine the monitor is that important but I have no idea about these things.

Monitors usually don't crash the system. Now... calling the CPU, the RAM and the Soundcard "some parts" is rather mildy expressed.:tongue:

It can be anything really... Sometimes games just crash on certain systems and your bf's system is new now. I can only suggest for him to look up the CSS forums.

Is the CPU dualcored?

louby_4eva
05-10-2007, 11:04 PM
Apparently it is dualcored. I thought about going on the CSS forums but I'm already a member here and thought I might get some help. I don't like joining forums for one thing...that's how I started here and I've been a member for like three years :P

If people can't help here I think I will ask there though. Thanks :D :D :D

Discord
05-10-2007, 11:10 PM
Apparently it is dualcored. I thought about going on the CSS forums but I'm already a member here and thought I might get some help. I don't like joining forums for one thing...that's how I started here and I've been a member for like three years :P

If people can't help here I think I will ask there though. Thanks :D :D :D

Meh, no need to join them really. Just scroll in the support for similar mistakes.

If it's dualcore, you might want to change the CPU-thingy. Start the program, ALT+TAB, CTRL+ALT+DEL, Tasks-tab, Right-click CSS, "Go to process", Right-click the process, lowest option, deselect the second CPU, hit okay and play the game. Helps sometimes if the game has problem with dualcore support.

louby_4eva
05-10-2007, 11:14 PM
Thanks, he's done that now. We'll see how it goes, fingers crossed it will work. Thank you very much :D :D :D

Discord
05-10-2007, 11:22 PM
Thanks, he's done that now. We'll see how it goes, fingers crossed it will work. Thank you very much :D :D :D

Good luck.;)