PDA

View Full Version : Just a couple of questions for those of you who have played

Jessweeee♪
05-11-2007, 01:13 AM
This topic was brought about by a common argument in the FFX-2 forums.
http://forums.eyesonff.com/final-fantasy-x-2/104332-how-storyline.html#post2184131

You see, most boys don't like FFX-2, and most of the people who DO like it are girls. That's not to say that all girls like it and all boys don't, just the majority :greenie:

Be honest please, and thank you for your time.

CaptRory
05-11-2007, 03:13 AM
I'll come out and admit it here. I'm male and I really, really, really enjoyed FF X-2. I can't think of a part I didn't like. It was wholly different than any other FF game I am familiar with (not counting similarities like the re-named Job System or the inclusion of the Airship, but from a thematic/challenge/plot POV). It was a refreshing breath of fresh air after burning out on a number of other FF titles played in quick succession to eachother.

Christmas
05-11-2007, 03:47 AM
I AM A GIRL AND I AM ON THE INTERNETZ!!! YES, A GIRL ON THE INTERNETZ AND I DECLARE I LIKE FF X-2 AS MUCH AS I LIKE EATING PORK CHOPS AT THE LOCAL RESTURANT DOWN THE STREET AND RUNNING OFF WITHOUT FOOTING THE BILL!!! :bigsmile:

Meat Puppet
05-11-2007, 09:48 AM
I’m a male, and I didn’t read the poll properly.

Setzer Gabianni
05-11-2007, 12:06 PM
I chose

I am a female and I enjoyed this game.
I enjoyed the game enough to play it more than once.

It had some uber flaws, but I still liked it regardless. Not in my top 5's though.

Renmiri
05-11-2007, 04:24 PM
Gameplay is fun, it's almost XII without gambits.

But the story.... And the airheaded girlish tone... and the technopop soundtrack... and the dialog... Ugh!!!!

I ended up enjoying it and played it 3 times to get the darn 100% but I bitched about it non-stop, akin to what I do about XII ;)

Jessweeee♪
05-11-2007, 06:33 PM
Hmm...the poll isn't turning out as expected.
Theory 1: People only like to vote when they can prove you wrong.
Theory 2: I was wrong
Theory 2: People only like to vote when they can vote multiple choices and mess up the poll.

:spin: :bounce: :spin: :bounce:

samboo1
05-11-2007, 07:53 PM
I am Female and liked the game, although not as much as the usual structure of FF games. Despite this, i still have played through it many times.

BG-57
05-15-2007, 07:10 PM
I'm male and I liked (but didn't love) the game. I liked the innovative gameplay and flexible job system, but I had serious reservations about the storyline, particularly about the treatment of carryover characters.

Anyway, I didn't love the game enough to replay it yet, but I plan to one day (darn that 99%!).

Little Blue
05-15-2007, 07:54 PM
I'm male and I liked (but didn't love) the game. I liked the innovative gameplay and flexible job system, but I had serious reservations about the storyline, particularly about the treatment of carryover characters.

And I liked it enough to play it multiple times.

Hazzard
05-15-2007, 08:36 PM
I really hate this game, and it brings a smile to my face to watch it gather dust, and gradually get older and older, by the days.

demondude
05-15-2007, 08:39 PM
I really hate this game, and it brings a smile to my face to watch it gather dust, and gradually get older and older, by the days.
:up:

Fynn
05-15-2007, 10:24 PM
I'm a boy and I really enjoyed this game (just don't get any thoughts, 'kay?). Like someone stated before - it was this breath of fresh air. I liked how it was fun and light-hearted. So what if the story wasn't as deep as X's? It was fun and had a nice sense of humour. I played through it twice and I haven't achieved 100% yet... Oh, well. Don't get me wrong - I'm not saying it's better than any FF (come to think of it, there has never been an FF which I haven't enjoyed) - I just liked it...

Jessweeee♪
05-16-2007, 12:34 AM
Thank you all for your opinions n.n

I was very surpised. All the time in the FFX-2 section people are always saying how much they HATE the game, and only one person actually voted the HATE HATE HATE (two of those votes do not count because they voted for everything :eep:)

Pouring Rain
05-16-2007, 03:02 AM
I do have this, and I bought it when it first came out, way before the commercials. But it seems to bore me now, and I don't quite like it. It's not exactly a hate, or a love. It's just somewhere in between.

Jaffer
05-26-2007, 08:41 PM
I like it, and am male. For some reason, looking at girls just doesn't bother me as much as others (seriously, those feeling you are feeling when you look at Rikku, we all have them, it is perfectly natural, it's even considered manly).

Marluxiaswife
05-30-2007, 12:17 AM
I love the game no matter what other people say mostly girls hate it cause there fat and don't want to show off there body, so there gonna be haters.... tuss you guys....

I love it i don't look at there clothing i look at the story and how the characters act i love this game

And if ffx-2 didn't come out my hair would still look bad.... or i would have it like Rinoa's.... I did my hair like Yuna's i cut it short meduim length and the front part of my hair style it like hers too :D

dragontamer
05-31-2007, 12:50 PM
I love the game no matter what other people say mostly girls hate it cause there fat and don't want to show off there body, so there gonna be haters.... tuss you guys....

I love it i don't look at there clothing i look at the story and how the characters act i love this game

And if ffx-2 didn't come out my hair would still look bad.... or i would have it like Rinoa's.... I did my hair like Yuna's i cut it short meduim length and the front part of my hair style it like hers too :D

That has got to be obbsesion... my hair is more like Lenne's! - the beads, it is not that long yet.

prayzer
06-15-2007, 08:49 PM
I'm a guy and I like the game overall. The only things I didnt really care for was the techno-pop crap and the Songstress Dress sphere. I thought the rest was pretty kool. I loved the gameplay (though not as much as FFXII's), and how Brother kept obsessing about Yuna, even though they were cousins. :barf:

Cookie
06-15-2007, 10:39 PM
I fapped.

Xatif
06-16-2007, 01:06 AM
I only liked the battle system and played it for the sake of the battle system. I didn't like the story that much.

Fatal Impurity
06-16-2007, 03:29 AM
I only liked it for the main gameplay (not the dressspheres afterall it was just a screwed up girly version of the job system) and the MAIN stroy was pretty ok but the rest of it was utter crap...whats worse is that its so goddamn short and tedious! I mean there are a million different tiny small missions hidden in the four corners of the world that you can never access come completion time! Another problem is there character development...afterall they screw up Yuna and Rikku and turn them into giggling pathetic immature little girls! A perfect example of this is the "poopie" scene *cringe*. Havnt said this there were the odd saving graces such as the main plot being ok (just hilariously under developed and incredibly short) certain decent characters like Paine, Nooj, Baralai etc (which were also hugely undeveloped) plus a nice Realtime ATB system its just a shame about the REALLY crappy dressphere implementation.

My general opinion is that this game deserved and serious needed and could of benefitted HUGELY from an extra year or maybe even two in deveolpment in order to flesh out the characters, make the main plot longer and detailed and to expand on the job system without murdering it with dresspheres like they did.

Jiro
06-16-2007, 12:53 PM
Game was alright, fun, new/different (not all that entirely new). I enjoyed it but refrained from actually buying it. Just hired it twice.

daggertrepe
06-18-2007, 03:47 PM
This game disgusts me...

Big Brother
06-18-2007, 09:04 PM
Well, it was...ok at the most. I don't see it as canon except for the "Good ending" As you do see Tidus in the water at the end of X. I see it as a fan service.

I would've liked to see a true sequel, but this did not do justice to FFX. The plot was rudimentary at best. Yuna's character was butchered as well.

Formalhaut
06-27-2007, 01:36 AM
Loved it, Im a Male 12 year old who has played the game more than once and loves it.

Remember that the girls are still teens and are trying to put the bad life behind them, off corse they are gonna be happy and girly like. Duh!

And because of that, its gonna be hip hop ( a very good thing)

A final Fantasy does not have to be all goth and serious, it can be light hearted, what makes a Final Fantasy a good story, character and orignality.

FFX-2 has all that.

Markus. D
06-27-2007, 04:32 AM
I'm still trying to get passed the end-game in international +last mission (I don't play it that often... which is probably why).

I think I have almost cracked the combination to chain long enough to take down the Blimey Hydra-ish plant thingy once and for all! (without pets n-n~)

The Gameplay is probably the biggest twist on FF gameplay thus far (Apart from XI...)

<33

10-Breaker
06-27-2007, 11:45 AM
I'm male.
I liked the game.
And watching Rikku while she does the fun stuff. ^^

Formalhaut
06-27-2007, 06:59 PM
lol, for some reason the game like to have revealing costumes

Markus. D
06-28-2007, 12:19 PM
lol, for some reason the game like to have revealing costumes

Don't think 10 didn't have it.

Male and Female~ It's just the artstyle.

leader of mortals
06-29-2007, 12:11 AM
i liked it enough to play it more than once and here are my personal opinions

gameplay 8/10
story 7/10
dressspheres 7/10
sequel? 5/10
singing 4/10
the "feel" of the game 17/20 (most important)
battle/leveling 8/10

overall... 56/80 or 7/10, a bit over ok, and also it has a good replay value

edit: oh yeah and im a guy

Brockman5000
06-29-2007, 05:06 AM
At first, I hated the fact that SquareEnix actually made a direct sequel to a game, but I figured I'd give it a try since it is a SE game...I hated everything about the game! I actually played the whole game before I gave a final judgment call on it, and I think this is the worst FF game (next to 3) ever. Sorry to those who actually liked it, but it could of been so much better than that...

Jessweeee♪
07-07-2007, 01:54 AM
O_O
People are posting here still?

At first, I hated the fact that SquareEnix actually made a direct sequel to a game, but I figured I'd give it a try since it is a SE game...I hated everything about the game! I actually played the whole game before I gave a final judgment call on it, and I think this is the worst FF game (next to 3) ever. Sorry to those who actually liked it, but it could of been so much better than that...

At least you gave it a chance, unlike some people :shifty:

Garnie
07-07-2007, 01:57 AM
im not gonna sy i hated it but it was very girl power!
but i have played it a few times!

Namelessfengir
07-07-2007, 02:20 AM
i replaying it when im not playing kotor ff12 ff x 8 7 or splinter cell

Tiamat3710
10-14-2007, 01:38 PM
This topic was brought about by a common argument in the FFX-2 forums.
http://forums.eyesonff.com/final-fantasy-x-2/104332-how-storyline.html#post2184131

You see, most boys don't like FFX-2, and most of the people who DO like it are girls. That's not to say that all girls like it and all boys don't, just the majority :greenie:

Be honest please, and thank you for your time.

really i thought it would be other way round because well you no the party is all female and they would like that (personally i think they should get a life tho)