PDA

View Full Version : Hello, I'm new here...

TheUsualSuspect
05-11-2007, 08:28 AM
Hi everyone, I'm new here but familar with how forums work...ive been looking for a Final Fantasy forum for a while and its nice to see that they are around. Enough of that I started a new game of Tactics(PS1) recently and I just made it to chapter 2 not to long ago. I was just wondering what people thought of my team thus far. I'll probably start a couple posts on stuff that I always wanted to converse about in Final Fantasy games. On a final note my team is...

Hannibal (Ramza)
-Theif/Guts Gained JP UP Move + 2
Sean
-Knight/Basic Skills Gained JP UP Move + 2
Wyatt (Ramza)
-Theif/Basic Skills Gained JP UP Move + 2
Francis (Used part time)
-Chemist/Basic Skills Gained JP UP Move + 2
Starts with a C (I don't have the game on now)
Priest/Time Magic Gained JP UP Move + 1

I plan on aiming for a Ninja with Hannibal. and Sean Wyatt, and the C person are gonna be my proposition people later on. Oh and the name Hannibal comes from the General from Carthage who fought the Romans, he was a great tactician. Look forward to talking with other Final Fantasy player as not to many people I know in real life have the paticent (or capacity) for them.

Cya
TheUsusalSuspect

Renmiri
05-11-2007, 04:11 PM
Welcome to the forum! :D

BG-57
05-11-2007, 05:07 PM
Welcome aboard.

The abilities look fine, although I'm not sure of your levels. Good call on Gained JP Up; not a glamerous skill, but a must-have when leveling. Bear in mind that Chapter 2 ends with one of the toughest boss fights in the game, so go in prepared.

Having said that, I find getting Move +3 (Bard) and Math Skills (Calculator) really pay for themselves so I always go for them as soon as possible.

Your roster is going to get crowded really fast with nongeneric characters so breeding/poaching and propositions should be done as early as possible so you can dismiss your generics later.

P.S. Did you know Hannibal had a luckless brother named Hasdrubal?

Ziekfried
05-11-2007, 05:15 PM
Welcome homie!

That crew looks pretty legit but I think teleport is a great skill to get soon and certainly easy to get too.

Also try matering the thief skills just about every one of those abilities is useful leter especially secret hunt and catch

hanawa
05-16-2007, 02:13 PM
Hello there! Welcome to the party!

Hmm i guess overall your party is quite fine but i DO think that you should do something about your mage/wizard. This person deals with spells + magic and is vulnerable compared to the others. What happen if he/she runs out of MP and others are too busy killing off enemies, are too far away to even cure, throw ether or to back up him/her? Plus, this mage needs to CHARGE and thats totally time consuming.

That's where other secondary abilities instead of mage/wizard's material come into rescue. Have him/her 2ndary ability as ITEM for instance. With it your magic user can use ether instead of having other character coming over to your rescue. Or try PUNCH ART. Chakra can replenish both HP and MP. Whatever it is, i personally never set my mage's secondary ability as either TIME MAGIC, BLACK MAGIC, WHITE MAGIC, SUMMON, YIN YANG and those that require you to CHARGE up.

TheUsualSuspect
05-16-2007, 10:36 PM
Thanks for the welcome everyone but I beat the game on Monday my final team looked a little like this...Almost everything was mastered for their jobclass and secondary abilities.

Hannibal (Ramza)
-Guts/Steal Auto Potion Two Swords Move + 2
Agrias
-Holy Knight/Punch Art Auto Potion Two Swords Move + 2
Orlandu
-Holy Swordsman/Punch Art Auto Potion Two Swords Move + 2
Celine
-Priest/Time Magic Auto Potion Half of MP Move + 2
Cloud (Still being worked on)
-Squire Skills/Empty Gained JP UP Move + 1
When done he would have looked like...
-Squire Skills/Steal Auto Potion Two Swords Move + 2

BTW I used the dup trick and gave everyone a Excalibur and Defender. =p

I'm thinking of playing through a FF9...i'm not sure though.

hanawa
05-17-2007, 03:26 PM
You did? Congratulations! Then how do you find the game? I mean your overall impression on it? I beat the game 5 times already cos i really enjoy tactical games + RPG such as this one.

Hmm i see that none of your male party members has MOVE+3 (from Bard). And i wonder why many people keep using Orlandu till the last battle. He's truly a cheap addition to Ramza's party cos of the fact that he's being too damn strong. Obtaining him even requires you to be only in the 3/4 of the game, nothing less or more. Remember Knight of the Round in FFVII?

Well coming back to Orlandu, my brother called him 'monster' for his unusually incredible strenght. Not bad for an old geezer! =P
I didnt use him at all during my 2nd time with the game. I wanted to taste how it feels like not to be too dependent on someone strong (and cheap). The same applies to Agrias, Mustadio, Gafgarion, Meliadoul, Beowulf, Worker 8 and other guest characters. Trust me, i fought losing battles most of the time! But i truly have fun.
[!] / message [/!][!] sig [/!]

TheUsualSuspect
05-18-2007, 08:39 AM
Hmmm, I used the item dup trick and tried to exploit as much power as possible. I'm also a fan of mobility but I didnt get the move +3 due to me not wanting to get a Bard and get the JP for the Bonus. I did save before going into that city incase I ever want to raise a team for some reason. It would be cool if they made it where 2 people can put in their memory card and fight/trade with a friend. Anyways I started a game of FF6 so i'll probably be moving on to that section. :cry:

Edit: Sorry was watching TV and didnt respond to like 1/2 the questions. I found the game good this is I think my 3 time playing through it. I enjoy its European Fuedalistc theme, as I am a big fan of history I did enjoy the nature of the story. I felt most of the characters motives were pretty good but sometimes your just trying to get to a city and its annyoing getting into random battles. =/ I would save and soft-reset and reload at each city. Overall the gameplay is great its similar to Vandal Hearts (I only played the first one) but I think that game has better camera control cause you can keep shifting till you have a birds eye view. Overall I <3 the game but i'm always a fan of additional game features as I mentioned earlier some sort of trading/multiplayer fighting would own. Maybe some conditions like no story characters (Orlandu, Musadio, Agrias, etc.) could be used so people would be more encouraged to make generic fighters or use monsters. I guess they did that for Tactics Advanced? But I did not have the time nor patience for that game...infact I was so disgusted its why I started the PS1 Version. =p So that's my rant on Tactics. It wasnt the first time I played it and it wont be the last. Oh I think I had 32 hours when I finished. More than 1/2 of that time was me using my leveling up tactic of surrounding a guy and breaking everyones base stats (go into the fight w/ no weapons) and level up. Remember the old military quote, "A ounce of sweat is worth a gallon of blood."

*Packs suitcase*

Cya,
TheUsualSuspect