PDA

View Full Version : New FFXI Expansion!

UltimateSpamGrover
05-12-2007, 12:28 PM
Wings of the Goddess (http://www.playonline.com/ff11us/altana/index.html)

Will S-E actually let us go back in time?

Yeargdribble
05-12-2007, 05:04 PM
I read about this a bit today on one of my favorite FFXI sites. I find it quite intriguing and think that participating more directly in seeing the backstory of Vana'diel is a great move.

UltimateSpamGrover
05-13-2007, 12:17 AM
Agreed. Looks like we'll be able to go to all of the zones before they were destroyed. Do I hear travelling through the Marquisate of Tavnazia anyone? >.>

Jowy
05-13-2007, 02:53 AM
Frontsited!

Rostum
05-13-2007, 06:44 AM
Damn it's a shame I no longer play, this seems a lot cooler than the Aht Urgan expansion.

Misfit
05-14-2007, 02:23 PM
Damn it's a shame I no longer play, this seems a lot cooler than the Aht Urgan expansion.
inorite. :(

Mirage
05-14-2007, 02:35 PM
Looks like I won't be canceling my content IDs after all!

dodhungry
05-14-2007, 09:56 PM
I think thats awsome that another expansion is going to be realeased. I think its funny however that I personally have just barely scratched the surface of the other expansions.

Crossblades
05-15-2007, 12:58 AM
Cool:) I wonder if this expansion will include more new jobs

Miriel
05-15-2007, 03:42 AM
I say YAY!

Del Murder
05-15-2007, 03:50 AM
Come on Geomancer!

Discord
05-16-2007, 02:27 AM
Looks cool. I just wish SQ had a pause button to let the bloody thing cash instead of playing it by 5 second fragments with 10 seconds lag in between.:p

At least it saves it.;)

chionos
05-17-2007, 02:55 AM
the movie won't load for me for some reason, but from what little i've seen and heard about, it'll be great. I think the idea of a stand-alone type of expansion is wonderful, and could be the boost that the game needs. It's being headed up by the CoP people, and I absolutely loved CoP--hopefully they won't disappoint me. I'm also more hopeful about this expansion than I was about ToAU because it seems SE is developing the game a lot more intelligently recently than they had in the past. The June update sounds incredible. New ways to get abjurations(5/5 heca ftw finally), teleports from the 3 cities to whitegate, chocos @ altep&yhoat crystals and @leypoint in wajaom, beying able to redo DM earrings, etc etc etc...it seems they've begun to listen to their fans a bit. So hopefully this new attentiveness will translate into the new expansion as well.

dodhungry
05-17-2007, 09:13 PM
there are a whole lot of possibilities that can come with this new expansion. I was thinking about this last night. Will SE open up new jobs? Will the new areas be like the promys and only accesable once you hit a certain plot in the story? Will the lvl limit be raised to accomidate the new areas or will they be lvl capped the promys.

As you can see a whole lot of questions can derrive from this.
I also wonder if this new expansion will come out for the ps2 or just the x-box 360 and compy.

No.78
05-18-2007, 10:27 AM
If it follows the pattern there will be no new jobs, but if there are new jobs, methinks Time Mage or something like that will definetly be involved somehow.

They could have a load of ancient extinct jobs to bring back to the future, allowing for madness n stuff. *excited*

I wonder if they'd expand it to other expansion areas, like Aht Uhrgan (undersea ruins anyone? :O)