PDA

View Full Version : Trillian users

Spiffing Cheese
05-12-2007, 01:04 PM
MSN has completely died for about the eighteen billionth time, so I've decided to try Trillian again. I installed it and set up connections with MSN, except now it won't bloody show my online contacts, only the offline ones. Does anyone know how to resolve this? :(

Baloki
05-12-2007, 01:11 PM
I know these settings work so you could try copying them?

*attaches screenshot of his Trillian settings*

Spiffing Cheese
05-12-2007, 01:14 PM
Still doesn't work. ;___; It's only showing my offline contacts for MSN for some reason. Wtf.

rubah
05-12-2007, 06:08 PM
Are you positive you're connected to MSN? YOu arent' right now, but it is five hours later, after all xD

Spiffing Cheese
05-12-2007, 07:56 PM
Gahaaaaaaah. I checked the status for MSN and it won't connect at all. Something about this computer really doesn't want me to connect to MSN :(

Baloki
05-12-2007, 10:43 PM
Do you have a firewall enabled? Check if that's blocking it?

Spiffing Cheese
05-13-2007, 10:34 AM
Already did, and MSN is in the exceptions xD

Discord
05-13-2007, 03:14 PM

That's the internal firewall. How about the one in the router/proxy that connects you to the internet?

PS: Do you experience the problem at home or at work? Are you the one who "owns" the internet access, i.e. pays the ISP fees, configures the router, etc?

Spiffing Cheese
05-13-2007, 06:01 PM

That's the internal firewall. How about the one in the router/proxy that connects you to the internet?

PS: Do you experience the problem at home or at work? Are you the one who "owns" the internet access, i.e. pays the ISP fees, configures the router, etc?

I have no idea >_<

It's at home, and I know it's to do with the computer (laptop) itself rather than some overall network problem as I can connect to MSN with the main computer. And no, I don't pay anything xD

MY NAME IS SEPHIROTH
05-14-2007, 05:49 AM
WHEN I SED I WAS GONA USE TRILIN THEY SED I SHOULD USE NO IM ATALL HOW UNFAIR THOSE MEEEN BASTRDS!

Discord
05-14-2007, 05:07 PM

I have no idea >_<

It's at home, and I know it's to do with the computer (laptop) itself rather than some overall network problem as I can connect to MSN with the main computer. And no, I don't pay anything xD

Hmm... do you have any pathetic freeware antiviruses or firewalls (ZoneAlarm:mad:) installed?