PDA

View Full Version : Favorite X-Men

4evarisha
05-12-2007, 08:17 PM
I would have to say my favorite is Kitty Pride bacuse I think her power is cool who do you guys think is the best X-Men character?

Roto13
05-12-2007, 08:19 PM
I can't not say Wolverine. :P

I've always had a thing for Storm, too. She's pretty cool. Cyclops and bite me....

ljkkjlcm9
05-12-2007, 08:37 PM
Night Crawler, cause that's the ability I want

THE JACKEL

LunarWeaver
05-12-2007, 08:41 PM
Jean always will be my favorite. She could totally make lawn gnomes get up and walk around with her telekinesis and send neighbordhoods into a panic. Which she should.

Quindiana Jones
05-12-2007, 09:07 PM
Wolverine!!!!!!!!

Though I want Angel's wings. :D

Shin Gouken
05-12-2007, 09:37 PM
I like Gambit and Nightcrawler more than most on their but wolverine gets my vote, he's clearly the best

Tavrobel
05-12-2007, 09:57 PM
Gambit wins all.

Comet
05-12-2007, 10:39 PM
Wolverine of course! Just imagine you're in a fight and you get spikes coming out of your knuckles. Must pack a hell of a punch/stab.

Vermachtnis
05-12-2007, 10:45 PM
Iceman, cause he's lazy. Plus Ice is the element I want.

Slothy
05-13-2007, 01:37 AM
Shame you can't vote multiple times since Colossus, Cyclops, Shadowcat, Beast, Wolverine, and Emma Frost are all among my favourites of the actual X-Men teams as long as Joss Whedon's writing them. However, even though he wasn't a member of the X-Men (though he was and is currently on X-Factor), Jamie Madrox a.k.a. Multiple Man gets my vote. When Peer David is writing him (as he is now in the X-Factor series) he's the single most interesting character in comics as far as I'm concerned.

Meat Puppet
05-13-2007, 01:57 AM
As much as I hate agreeing with people, the only X-Man I know is Wolverine.

Ashley Schovitz
05-13-2007, 02:47 AM
Storm is my favorite, but Shadow Cat is a close second. I can't see anyone picking Beast, all he used to do is stay behind reading upside down.

Araciel
05-13-2007, 04:33 AM
Storm is my favorite, but Shadow Cat is a close second. I can't see anyone picking Beast, all he used to do is stay behind reading upside down.

that alone should make him my favourite but that's not all he did!

Psychotic
05-13-2007, 04:41 AM
I've always thought of Cyclops as a pretty radical sort of chap.

ljkkjlcm9
05-13-2007, 04:42 AM
It should be known based strictly on ability alone, Nightcrawler is definitely my favorite because it's the ability I want. Wolverine is nothing more than say, an Immortal from the Highlander storyline, except someone performed some crazy surgery on him. The claws are not his ability.

THE JACKEL

Araciel
05-13-2007, 04:43 AM
It should be known based strictly on ability alone, Nightcrawler is definitely my favorite because it's the ability I want. Wolverine is nothing more than say, an Immortal from the Highlander storyline, except someone performed some crazy surgery on him. The claws are not his ability.

THE JACKAL

actually in the in-depth version of his history, it's revealed that the claws are bone...his own bone...and are coated with adamantium like the rest of his body...

but i'm not a nerd...

DarkLadyNyara
05-13-2007, 04:44 AM
Storm. She's always been my favorite. I want that power...

Roto13
05-13-2007, 04:53 AM

THE JACKAL

actually in the in-depth version of his history, it's revealed that the claws are bone...his own bone...and are coated with adamantium like the rest of his body...

but i'm not a nerd...

When he lost his adamantium skeleton, he still had claws made of bone. I'm not sure if that happened before his backstory was revealed or not....

Doomie
05-13-2007, 04:55 AM
Wolverine and Beast are the greaaaaaaaatest.

Xalibar
05-13-2007, 04:57 AM
i like psylocke

Ramza Beoulve
05-13-2007, 05:11 AM

THE JACKAL

but i'm not a nerd...

When he lost his adamantium skeleton, he still had claws made of bone. I'm not sure if that happened before his backstory was revealed or not....Before the back story.

What? no Nate Grey? no Daken? no Franklin Richards? NO ONSLAUGHT? well, maybe some of them are not X-Men, but are mutants... Well, I'm going for....... Gambit

BarelySeeAtAll
05-13-2007, 11:23 AM
i have too many:
storm
nightcrawler
gambit...
i have a few more but they aint up there so i'll just be quiet

Sefie1999AD
05-13-2007, 11:28 AM
If this thread is about the characters in the comics, I'll say Wolverine. However, if it's about the characters in the movies, I'll choose either Wolverine or Rogue. Probably Rogue because she's just :love:.

Sergeant Hartman
05-13-2007, 11:49 AM
The name's Gambit, remember it!

Yukki-Chan
05-13-2007, 02:07 PM
gotta love Rogue for the ability to have all of the powers, but I like the old cartoon version of her when she could fly and had superstrength.

Roto13
05-13-2007, 05:00 PM
The flying and super strength come after she permanently absorbs Ms. Marvel's psyche and abilities.

Markus. D
05-13-2007, 07:32 PM
Rogue~

Jubilee~

and though from a different organization/s Mystique~

Shoeberto
05-13-2007, 08:38 PM
Jubilee always seemed so lame to me.

Gambit is just hardcore to the floor though. I've been really disappointed every time he hasn't appeared in the freaking movies.

4evarisha
05-14-2007, 02:25 AM
Why did Rouge decided to cure herself in the last stand?

Slothy
05-14-2007, 01:20 PM
and though from a different organization/s Mystique~

Mystique is a member of the X-Men in the comics right now actually.

Bunny
05-14-2007, 02:48 PM
It's actually Pryde.

I like Cyclops.

Hazzard
05-14-2007, 03:00 PM
Wolverine of course! Just imagine you're in a fight and you get spikes coming out of your knuckles. Must pack a hell of a punch/stab.

Breine
05-14-2007, 03:54 PM
I've always had a thing for Mystique so she's probably my favourite at the end of the day. I also like Rogue and Jean Grey very much, though.

Roto13
05-14-2007, 04:55 PM
Why did Rouge decided to cure herself in the last stand?

Because she wants to be able to touch people without killing them? :P

Rocket Edge
05-14-2007, 05:48 PM
Gambit.

Elite Lord Sigma
05-14-2007, 07:58 PM
Dr. X is great. I mean, being nearly omnipotent is never a bad thing, is it?

Quindiana Jones
05-14-2007, 08:16 PM
Dr X? Isn't he Action Man's nemesis?

Spammerman
05-15-2007, 01:50 AM
Gambit, hes always got an ace up his sleeve. And a staff

4evarisha
05-15-2007, 02:20 AM
Rouge should have stayed the way she was because it looked like she already know how to control her powers dont you guys think?

Raistlin
05-15-2007, 02:45 AM
Gambit, Wolverine, Nightcrawler, and Jean are all awesome. I voted Gambit just because he was left out of the movies.

El Bandito
05-15-2007, 04:33 AM
I've gotta go with Iceman. I always love the immature, joke-factory characters.

Though Nightcrawler brought a cool dimension to the team I really liked as well. Man, growing up with X-Men, it's like asking me to pick my favorite food. They're all so good in their own ways (except Cyclops, that dude's a punk).

4evarisha
05-15-2007, 05:00 AM
Gambit and Jubilee should have been in all the movies that would be cool but I guess they are still new mutants.

Suiko Jin
05-17-2007, 06:50 AM
Wolverine.

Not only is he my favorite X Man, he is also my favorite comic book hero ever.

Badge
05-18-2007, 12:49 PM
Wolverine
He is just Pure Cool
I like Mystique too
xxx

4evarisha
05-18-2007, 11:44 PM
Gambit vs Wolverine they both have 12 votes.

Ishin Ookami
05-22-2007, 07:33 PM
(except Cyclops, that dude's a punk).

Havn't read the proteus story arc, or any other of the old school Clairemont stories have you?

Yah, anyone that could punk off wolverine, storm, nightcrawler, and colussus, simultaneously has got to be a flaming nancy boy.

Though I will say I can't stand how the guy is being written today. He was once the consumate soldier, ultimate leader and tactician, and heart and soul of the X-Men. Now he's just a flaming emo punk and White queens boy toy. Someone please shoot the writer that thought up that one please.

Though I will say I really don't like how any of the stories are being written these days. Wolverine surving having his entire skin burned off and leaving nothing but his eyes and skeleton, then regenerating in five minutes? Then going on to bed namors daughter for no reason whatsoever? and what was up with Mystique trying to seduce gambit just to stir up tension between him and rogue, then running away in the middle of the night?

That said, I'm a Cyclops fan, back when X-men was cool. You know, back when stories like Dark Phoenix and God Loves, Man Kills were the order of the day?

Slothy
05-22-2007, 09:37 PM
Though I will say I can't stand how the guy is being written today. He was once the consumate soldier, ultimate leader and tactician, and heart and soul of the X-Men. Now he's just a flaming emo punk and White queens boy toy. Someone please shoot the writer that thought up that one please.

Don't go knocking Grant Morrison now. He breathed some much needed life into the X-Men when he took over on New X-Men a few years ago if you ask me. I also have to say that right now, Joss Whedon is writing Cyclops (and all the characters on in Astonishing for that matter) better than I've seen any of them be in years. Not only does he make Cyclops more than the hardcore tactician/leader with a stick up his butt, he does it while keeping him the hardcore tactician/leader with a stick up his butt. Cyclops hasn't been this well rounded a character in a long time.

I have to agree with you on Wolverine in most of the books he shows up in these days though. Again though, Astonishing almost seems like a haven where those of us who remember him actually taking some time to heal can see him returned to his slightly more mortal glory (he still heals faster than he did 20 years ago, but it's not regenerate from a skeleton in five minutes fast).

Ishin Ookami
05-22-2007, 11:26 PM

Don't go knocking Grant Morrison now. He breathed some much needed life into the X-Men when he took over on New X-Men a few years ago if you ask me. I also have to say that right now, Joss Whedon is writing Cyclops (and all the characters on in Astonishing for that matter) better than I've seen any of them be in years. Not only does he make Cyclops more than the hardcore tactician/leader with a stick up his butt, he does it while keeping him the hardcore tactician/leader with a stick up his butt. Cyclops hasn't been this well rounded a character in a long time.

I have to agree with you on Wolverine in most of the books he shows up in these days though. Again though, Astonishing almost seems like a haven where those of us who remember him actually taking some time to heal can see him returned to his slightly more mortal glory (he still heals faster than he did 20 years ago, but it's not regenerate from a skeleton in five minutes fast).

I remember reading one issue a while back where Emma frost dressed up in Jean Grey's old outfit and laid a psychic mindfunk on cyclops where he was fantasizing he was wolverine, and how the only reason Professor X made him team leader was that he was so pathetic if the prof didn't do something to encourage him he would have never amounted to anything. Then there was of course the B-plot where Kitty and colossus finally get it on. It read like some torrid 14 year olds fan fiction and the sight of emma in the prior issue posing like a slut saying she's in cyclops's favorite outfit (AKA making herself look like Jean Grey) made me hope the next page had him "accidently" letting loose an optic blast that vaporized her.

Sadly it didn't. And that was the last time I picked up an X-men comic.

As for wolverine. I just want to find the first wolverine mini series that clairemont did, the one where he first meets mariko and fights Shingen, and make it mandatory reading for all those that write a wolverine story. Now THAT was how you make wolverine cool without going overboard with the tough guy trip. Even the part in Dark phoenix saga where he has to take on those hellfire grunts alone was good because at a couple of points he was almost killed and got out of there by luck.

Problem with X-men these days, and most marvel franchises, is that it is a franchise. It can't and won't really end. This makes any real deaths or story developments pointless because you know a year later it's going to be canceled out or the characters are going to be written differently. This is the main draw behind Manga and Anime. The stories often have a clear and concise beginning, middle, and end. Regardless of the quality, it's good to see a story that is finite and that has a point other then just making $$$. I respect clairemont because for his run on the book he established plot strings and story elements that have gone on and been developed for over thirty years now. It's just that by now, It looks like all the stories he established have run their course. Maybe it's time to put this dog to sleep.

As for morrison... I just can't accept the punk. Sure he came up with some interesting ideas, but for every cassandra nova or secondary mutation, there is the idea of scott and emma getting it on on the astral plaine, just cuz scott was still messed up after merging with apoccalypse. Sure that would mess a guy up, but to cheat on his wife, the woman with whom he's shared a pschic link with for years, on account of that? not a effin chance. methinks morrison watched one too many episodes of melrose place before penning that ish.

Slothy
05-23-2007, 02:10 AM
I remember reading one issue a while back where Emma frost dressed up in Jean Grey's old outfit and laid a psychic mindfunk on cyclops where he was fantasizing he was wolverine, and how the only reason Professor X made him team leader was that he was so pathetic if the prof didn't do something to encourage him he would have never amounted to anything. Then there was of course the B-plot where Kitty and colossus finally get it on. It read like some torrid 14 year olds fan fiction and the sight of emma in the prior issue posing like a slut saying she's in cyclops's favorite outfit (AKA making herself look like Jean Grey) made me hope the next page had him "accidently" letting loose an optic blast that vaporized her.

Sadly it didn't. And that was the last time I picked up an X-men comic.

I really do think it's a shame about that since as far as I'm concerned the arc not only made a lot of sense in the end, but was Whedon's best yet. Yeah that whole issue and those moments were just plain wierd and off the wall, but that was kind of the point. I'm not going to knock your opinion though since you're entitled to it. It seems you have a healthy love and respect for a lot of the classics which I can appreciate and understand and my hats off to you for it. If some of the newer blood doesn't tickle your fancy then there's nothing wrong with that.

As for wolverine. I just want to find the first wolverine mini series that clairemont did, the one where he first meets mariko and fights Shingen, and make it mandatory reading for all those that write a wolverine story. Now THAT was how you make wolverine cool without going overboard with the tough guy trip. Even the part in Dark phoenix saga where he has to take on those hellfire grunts alone was good because at a couple of points he was almost killed and got out of there by luck.

Agreed on all of that. It's those stories that show why Wolverine is a great hero when done correctly; not indestructable skeletons and healing from any injury.

Problem with X-men these days, and most marvel franchises, is that it is a franchise. It can't and won't really end. This makes any real deaths or story developments pointless because you know a year later it's going to be canceled out or the characters are going to be written differently. This is the main draw behind Manga and Anime. The stories often have a clear and concise beginning, middle, and end. Regardless of the quality, it's good to see a story that is finite and that has a point other then just making $$$. I respect clairemont because for his run on the book he established plot strings and story elements that have gone on and been developed for over thirty years now. It's just that by now, It looks like all the stories he established have run their course. Maybe it's time to put this dog to sleep.

I can agree with that to a certain extent. No the comics won't ever really end, and retcons can be a pain, but it always seems to me that a lot of the best writers try to avoid that whenever possible. A lot of my favourite writers and titles actually introduce huge changes, or bring back old continuity in the process of making great stories. And often now a days the comic book deaths actually do have meaning, and characters see some closure. Jean Grey for example hasn't been brought back since Morrison killed her several years ago now, and she's the Pheonix for god's sake. In fact, Marvels editor-in-chief, Joe Quesada doesn't like the practice of constantly bringing back dead characters. Though he's somewhat relaxed his stance against it in the last few years, he still prefers it not happen. Also, I think that because books run in definite story arcs, and since writers are often on only for a few years at most usually, it makes it much easier to simply drop a book. A lot of writers will tie up many of their loose ends before passing off the book to someone else allowing readers to get some closure, particularly if they don't want to continue reading it under a new writer.

Peegee
05-23-2007, 02:25 PM
Wolverine = cool.

Jesta
05-23-2007, 03:03 PM
tough one between Remy and logan, have to go with logan though, uncharted regeneration.... :)

Red Phire
05-24-2007, 08:48 AM
I chose Jean cause it would be cool to move stuff with your mind... and read peoples minds. Plus she can use her powers as sort of a shield like in X2. :p