PDA

View Full Version : Router help pleease

Xander
05-12-2007, 09:16 PM
Uhh, dont worry I fixed it. Sorry xD

I got some very useful help to my other thread about my internet, thanks... though tiscali didnt really answer any of the things I tried to find out from them, it hasnt disconnected for a long time now..

I got a router anyway as my mum wants to connect to internet from her laptop too.

I dont really know what Im doing setting this up, but eh. But anyway I thought I had an ethernet port but found out when trying to connect cable, I don't xD

Anyway the router came with a wireless USB adapter (both of these are Netgear). I thought I could use this instead of ethernet?

I installed the USB thing, and when I first connected the router, 3 lights were on - power light, internet light (where its connected to phoneline), and wireless signal light).

Then for a while my wireless usb thing seemed to pick up that signal..

Anyway when I was using the CD to setup it just stopped working, and now whenever I connect the modem I don't get a wireless light.

Firstly.. I dont understand what makes the wireless light come on and why it doesnt come on. Secondly I dont know if I can connect without ethernet. It seems from the boxes you can use the wireless adapter to connect, but then I guess I cant?

Im not sure how I get my tiscali settings in etc...anything really, Im so clueless with this :(

Really appreciate some help :)