PDA

View Full Version : NPCs

Serapy
05-12-2007, 09:19 PM
Do you like talking to every NPC everywhere including out/in towns of any FF game? Maybe it's a bit time consuming but surely it would be fun to talk to all of them. I have replayed FF8 several times but I don't think I have completed meeting/talking to every NPC in the game yet. Could talking to every NPC be benefiting? I just realised that some NPCs do give out clues hinting about the serects of the story also NPCs probably change thier locations/dialogs between sequences in some FF games, I'm not so sure about that but I will definitely check em out.

Shin Gouken
05-12-2007, 09:43 PM
I'm rarely so interested in the plot that i seek out every NPC looking for little tidbits of plot information. I chatted to just about every NPC in FFX but this was because they tend to give you alot of free stuff :D

Comet
05-12-2007, 10:54 PM
I think I have chatted to every single NPC ever in FF8. Everyone, from the little dog in Dollet, to the guard waiting outside of the Lunar Gates.

Griff
05-13-2007, 04:27 PM
You have to talk to all of them in FF1, otherwise you have no idea what to do.

Nominus Experse
05-13-2007, 06:16 PM
It seemed that in previous installments of the series, it was expected that you would speak to as many NPCs as possible in the hopes of gleaning as much information for your travels as you could.

Now, they have cut scenes and cinemas to cover the aspects of the story you would have learned from speaking with NPCs.

They could have thrown a screen of text at you, but I'm sure most people would rather walk around town and speak with various NPCs. In some ways, it could also be said that the developers wished to have the player more active and immersed in the story and happenings and people of that world. In this way, it could make that world more personal.

I still remember and speak with the dancer in Cornelia - even though I know where to go and what to do.

I think it makes the game richer if one speaks with as people of that world as possible. Slower, but you're going to spend 40 hours playing the game anyways.

LunarWeaver
05-14-2007, 12:17 AM
I start off planning to talk to tons of them but then get lazy and never do. I talk to dotted ones here and there but never go out of my way to speak with them.

Talking to every NPC to hear all the often changing text in Final Fantasy XII is so daunting it makes my head spin.