PDA

View Full Version : Need to ask stuff on post-game

Zora
05-13-2007, 03:07 AM
First off, with the exception of espers (hold Diablos), what other post-game sidequests are there?

And what level is recommended for the Dragon's Den/tower area?

What is the best equipment/how do I get them?

What are the best members?

What are the best relics and where do I get those relics?

What else should I know about before I go to the Dragon's Den?

Zeromus_X
05-13-2007, 03:38 AM
After completing the Dragon's Den, you can enter a challenging 'monster rush' in the Soul Shrine, which is located north of Mobliz. You can also re-enter the Dragon's Den, and at the end, will be another powerful optional boss...

Levels vary, since levels aren't really a reliable measure of strength in FFVI. I got through the Dragon's Den with characters whose levels were in the 30s and 40s, others will suggest leveling up to the 50s and beyond. It all depends on your spell and equipment setups.

I greatly recommend getting the Lightbringer sword (bet the Ragnarok sword in the Coliseum), and uncursing the Cursed Shield into the Hero's Shield. You can get both the Ragnarok and Cursed Shield in the locked houses in Narshe with Locke in your party. To uncurse the Cursed Shield, you must fight 255 (or possibly 256) battles with it equipped. While equipped, it lowers your stats and inflicts every negative status effect on the equipped character. Equip that character with a Ribbon to negate all the statuses except a lengthly countdown timer. Both the Lightbringer and Hero's Shield give great boosts to all stats, especially Magic and Physical Evasion, and the Hero's Shield in particular can absorb all elemental attacks. It just takes awhile to uncurse it...fight in the Solitary Island to remove the curse quickly.

Party selections differ from player to player. While Gau is generally considered the most powerful character in the game due to broken equipment and Rage setups, the fact that he is uncontrollable while using Rage makes me take him out of my final parties. Umaro is similar, since all he can do is attack. I am fond of using Relm (highest base Magic), Strago (useful Blue Magics), Mog (no encounters), Celes (Runic to absorb dangerous spells), and Locke (powerful attacker with Genji Glove/Master's Scroll) to be very useful. But any party setup should be just fine with the right equipment and spells.

Great Relics are Ribbons (negate all negative status), Soul of Thamasa (found on top of the Fanatics' Tower, allows you to cast two spells in a row), Gold Hairpins (halve MP consumption), Celestriads (formerly known as Three Stars and Economizer, reduces MP costs to 1), Molulu's Charm (gets rid of all random encounters, but can only be equipped by Mog). There are probably others that I'm forgetting, but Ribbons and Celestriads in particular are almost necessary for survival against the more annoying foes.

Pack plenty of Teleport Stones so that you can make an easy escape in case you need to regroup or restock on supplies. Buy plenty of Hi-Potions, Ethers, and Tents to heal between battles. Make sure to save often, some random encounters and chest battles can be devastating if unprepared (not to mention the secret bosses). Make use of Golem and Mighty Guard. Other than that, be prepared for a decently long and tedious bonus dungeon, with some annoying puzzles and bosses.

Zechs
05-13-2007, 04:16 AM
Yes. Only post-game sidequests are Dragons Den and the Soul Shrine. Both can be went thru regardless of completion.

Levels do very due to Esper stat enhancment, equipment and magic. But a good level base would be about 40.

Good equipment would be Light Bringer, Hero's Sheild. As described above, but also a green beret and Force Armor. Minerva Buster for the ladiesand Snow Scarf for Gau.

Gau is a great character is you know how to use him and what to chose depending on any conflict. Locke is great because of his mug ability with a genji Glove. Umaro after obtaining the Berserk Ring and Blizard Orb, no elemental magics will hurt him. Only non-elemental. Though characters are all up to you. You will like some over others so chose to your liking.

Good Relics would be Ribbon, Zephyr Cape, Prayer Beads (with the Light Bringer, Hero's Sheild, Green Beret and Force Armor, you are nearly invincible), Genji Gloves, Miracle Shoes would be well used.

Just prepare for tough Magicle and Physical beasts. So lotes of good magic, a good level is recomended. Gau is good for his spell usage during Rage that doesn't lower his Magic Points.

demondude
05-13-2007, 10:25 AM
The best team are gau umaro gogo and dead relm:)

Edgar
05-13-2007, 06:12 PM
okay this is very unfamiliar...is it only on FFVI Advanced?

Zora
05-13-2007, 07:34 PM
okay this is very unfamiliar...is it only on FFVI Advanced?

Yes, indeed

Edgar
05-14-2007, 07:23 AM
Yes, indeed

Gah =/