PDA

View Full Version : What system to you want the FFXIII to be on?

Zora
05-13-2007, 04:32 AM
Since it may be non-exlusive, which system(s) do you think should recieve a port of Final Fantasy XIII?

Sorry, if this thread is already in existance. I forgot to check and can't seem to delete it.

demondude
05-13-2007, 10:59 AM
the wii because thats what i have:)

MikeL Valentine
05-13-2007, 11:58 AM
PC.-
Consoles suck!!

Comet
05-13-2007, 03:04 PM
GBA is the only logical choice.

Croyles
05-13-2007, 03:13 PM
Final Fantasy XIII PS3 Preview, Final Fantasy XIII Playstation 3 Preview (http://www.1up.com/do/previewPage?cId=3159488)

Square Enix revealed a tiny trickle of new info and imagery for Final Fantasy XIII at its massive Square Enix Party 2007 event in Tokyo today. It's becoming tragically clear that tacking a few seconds of new footage onto a slightly remixed trailer constitutes a major update these days, so fans will simply have to contend with meager crumbs of intel until the floodgates finally open at some undisclosed future time, but we do have a few new minor details about the game.

FFXIII once again wowed crowds with its blend of jaw-droppingly gorgeous CG and almost equally sexy real-time combat scenes. Most of the new content came at the trailer's outset, as surreal, beautiful landscapes from one of the game's "worlds," Pulse, flashed across the screen in rapid succession. These environments (seemingly real-time) looked so intensely alien that it's hard to even process exactly what we were seeing...other than the fact that they're spectacularly pretty.

After that, we once again saw oddly-named heroine Lightning dispatching foes with her high-tech weaponry, absurd acrobatics, and impressive abilities to control both time and gravity. The recycled trailer then showcased her mysterious blonde male friend (a fellow party member, hopefully?) performing impressive motorcycle feats, the supersexy summon Shiva (and her twin sister of sorts) morphing into a motorbike, and plenty of ridiculously over-the-top action that seems far too chaotic and detailed to actually be gameplay.

Fans with watchful eyes caught tiny glimpses of new stuff, like summoned monster Ifrit and a new type of enemy solider, but most of the trailer felt like a rehash of what Square has been rolling out since last E3. No release date was given, naturally, but the game's PS3 exclusivity was once again confirmed at the clip's end.

Its exclusive to PS3.

Raebus
05-13-2007, 03:36 PM
the wii because thats what i have:)

Zora
05-13-2007, 05:49 PM
Final Fantasy XIII PS3 Preview, Final Fantasy XIII Playstation 3 Preview (http://www.1up.com/do/previewPage?cId=3159488)

Square Enix revealed a tiny trickle of new info and imagery for Final Fantasy XIII at its massive Square Enix Party 2007 event in Tokyo today. It's becoming tragically clear that tacking a few seconds of new footage onto a slightly remixed trailer constitutes a major update these days, so fans will simply have to contend with meager crumbs of intel until the floodgates finally open at some undisclosed future time, but we do have a few new minor details about the game.

FFXIII once again wowed crowds with its blend of jaw-droppingly gorgeous CG and almost equally sexy real-time combat scenes. Most of the new content came at the trailer's outset, as surreal, beautiful landscapes from one of the game's "worlds," Pulse, flashed across the screen in rapid succession. These environments (seemingly real-time) looked so intensely alien that it's hard to even process exactly what we were seeing...other than the fact that they're spectacularly pretty.

After that, we once again saw oddly-named heroine Lightning dispatching foes with her high-tech weaponry, absurd acrobatics, and impressive abilities to control both time and gravity. The recycled trailer then showcased her mysterious blonde male friend (a fellow party member, hopefully?) performing impressive motorcycle feats, the supersexy summon Shiva (and her twin sister of sorts) morphing into a motorbike, and plenty of ridiculously over-the-top action that seems far too chaotic and detailed to actually be gameplay.

Fans with watchful eyes caught tiny glimpses of new stuff, like summoned monster Ifrit and a new type of enemy solider, but most of the trailer felt like a rehash of what Square has been rolling out since last E3. No release date was given, naturally, but the game's PS3 exclusivity was once again confirmed at the clip's end.

Its exclusive to PS3.

That sounds more like speculation then direct confirmation. But noticed how I said may, and if this is indeed speculation it remains "may."

Right now it is basing it off what the trailer contained it seems like (or it is vague or I am basing something). It could be ported later. It could be a poor port, but it is a port nonetheless.

Croyles
05-13-2007, 06:03 PM
This came from the Square Enix Party itself. How is it speculation?

Zora
05-13-2007, 07:33 PM
This came from the Square Enix Party itself. How is it speculation?

Oh never mind. The fact that 1UP published and the way they worded it made it suggest it was speculation.

But still, I can't do anything. I can't delete this thread, so ya...

James Leopold
05-13-2007, 07:59 PM
360 because that's what I've got

f f freak
05-13-2007, 08:28 PM
360. It's the one that I have but the Wii would be good too because I'm planning on getting one.

The black mage
05-14-2007, 11:39 AM

Its exclusive to PS3.

Yes only demented Xbox/wii fans think other wise

Slothy
05-14-2007, 01:36 PM
360 or PC would be the only logical choice. The Wii couldn't even run such a game.

Roto13
05-14-2007, 06:14 PM
Xbox 360. The Wii isn't right for a game that's based mostly on flashiness.

Slothy
05-14-2007, 08:09 PM
Little tough to know what the gameplay's based on at all right now Roto.

Roto13
05-14-2007, 08:33 PM
They said they were going with a "cinematic battle system." What does that tell you?

Vivisteiner
05-14-2007, 09:02 PM
You can see clips of the gameplay. Its extremely fast, according to Gamespot. With really high quality graphics - almost FMV standard.

atlanteay
05-14-2007, 11:10 PM
i wish it's on the ps2 but heh, like that'll ever happen =P

Larahl
05-15-2007, 02:04 PM
PS2 I don't mind really. I just hope it'll be good.

Anno Domini
05-15-2007, 03:04 PM
i wish it's on the ps2 but heh, like that'll ever happen =P
Please God! i cant spend 600 on a ps3 right now! PS2PS2PS2PS2!!!!!!!

Slothy
05-15-2007, 03:17 PM
They said they were going with a "cinematic battle system." What does that tell you?

Technically speaking, any turn based system could be made to look very cinematic. Until we know how it actually plays that tells us nothing.

Roto13
05-15-2007, 07:07 PM
It tells us they want to make it look pretty. That's the point.

scrumpleberry
05-15-2007, 10:03 PM
GBA is the only logical choice.

Of course. Or they could stick it with the FFIV remake for the DS.

But seriously, spanning as many consoles as possible is good. They won't make it for the Wii because the wii's retro controller is for retro gaming, and its too much hassle to redo the controls for the wiimote, and too much of a waste not to redo the controls for the wiimote.

Slothy
05-16-2007, 03:25 PM
It tells us they want to make it look pretty. That's the point.

You said the game was going to be based mostly on flashiness which implied to me that you think it'll be all flash and very little substance. If I'm wrong about what you meant then so be it; I was merely pointing out that since we know nothing of the actual gameplay no one can really make statements like that.

Disco Potato
05-16-2007, 11:12 PM
PC, because I'm more comfortable playing on my computer without having to worry about my brother wanting to play, and I wouldn't have to spend extra money on a console.

tidus_rox
05-17-2007, 01:18 AM
PS3, cuz thats what its for... And its what I have lol.

Zora
05-18-2007, 12:53 AM

Technically speaking, any turn based system could be made to look very cinematic. Until we know how it actually plays that tells us nothing.
The battle system from what I absorbed is like Final Fantasy XII, except more real-time elements incooperated. The big thing is that framerate is the biggest part. If put on the 360 it would be laggy and on the Wii (without graphical downgroad) it would play like a slideshow.

Northcrest
07-04-2007, 08:50 PM
I choose Wii because

1. The Wii is cheap and I have a huge chance of getting one right now.
2. Nintendo and Square-Enix have known each other for a while (kind of) and can try to put it up for Wii.
3. If it was to come out for PS3 or Xbox 360 the PS3 is way too expensive that even some Final Fantasy fanboys won't even buy it. Then the 360 nobody really likes and once they beat this game then there going to have to wait for about another year just to get Final Fantasy XIV. Putting it on the PS2 would also be nice to do.

Hyperion4444
07-04-2007, 08:55 PM
Nintendo and Square-Enix have known each other for a long time.

They always make a PC version, so if you can't buy a PS3, go with PC (you do have one, right?)
But I'm still going with a PS3, so many great games are being released on it, notably first party games.
In total of released/announced games for PS3, I got about 20 titles that Interest me. (Which is very good considering that I have 20 PS2 games.)

Rostum
07-05-2007, 02:02 AM
The big thing is that framerate is the biggest part. If put on the 360 it would be laggy and on the Wii (without graphical downgroad) it would play like a slideshow.

Sounds like you don't know much, if anything at all, about the hardware of the three systems.

They always make a PC version, so if you can't buy a PS3, go with PC (you do have one, right?)

No, no they don't.

Mirage
07-05-2007, 02:27 AM
I love how the PS3 is left out of the poll.

Anyway, for the most part, I don't care, but if the 360 gets all the games I want, it means I have to buy one less console.

Hyperion4444
07-08-2007, 02:00 AM

No, no they don't.

Then how are you/they even writing here without a PC or PS3?
Not very logical.:eep:

I love how the PS3 is left out of the poll.

Anyway, for the most part, I don't care, but if the 360 gets all the games I want, it means I have to buy one less console.

Don't bet your hopes on it kid. Even with the one year advance 360 had, they failed to keep the competitors at bay and are quickly loosing a huge part of the market.

(In one year in advance, they now own less than half of the current generation gaming console market, not counting previous generation such as PS2 and portable consoles.)

Wii's sell rate ratio is 2,5:1 compared to 360's
And PS3, slower but strong, is selling more and more each month like an Accelerator.

That being said, Sony was able to sell 100s of Millions (see there how there's an s to millions) of PS2 to customers, making them at the top of the gaming console industry.

As I expected, the fastest selling console is the Wii, (dues to it's cheap price and being the eager kid console first choice) No matter how high this momentum is, I hardly see keeping competion to sony's behemoth of a PS3 in the longer term process.

But don't worry, PS3 is not a treat to the Wii, game makers will continue to deliver games on the Wii since it's cheap to make and alot of people will buy.
However, when it comes to superior technology and the developpers wanting to show off their talent, then they will go to the PS3.
It would undouptly win as second place at least.

Xbox 360 is being trailed off by the others. A one year advance compared to the vast technology of the Wii and PS3 was basically deadly due to their lack of it.

''But the 360 can do all the things a PS3 can'' = BS, Stop right there, no need to say more, your crappy 360 couldn't keep competion to the PS2 except pushing in the graphics to 720p/1080i and it isn't the case anymore for one, it can't play Blue-ray disk or any HD format movies without add-on, online fees, and the games being very pricy and hard to sell goes multi-platform.
360 exclusif? Dead Rising/Lost Planet, combine them and you get Rising Planet of the Dead Lost.
And the way they let the Xbox died like that, when 360 came up, no new games were ever made on a Xbox except multi-platforms, and no new game came up on the 360 until PS3/Wii arrived too!

I don't need to add more on this... because I could and the list is too long for one lifetime to read...

They cannot make FFXIII for the Wii (yes, it would be nice and that would be my second choice.) But FFXIII is Fantasticly Sweet with God Behold Game-Play , looks and graphics, it wouldn't fit on a wii, or 2, or 7, Neither would it fit on a PC DVD nor 360. (Funny, they can fit the 360 on a PS3 but not vice-versa.)

In conclusion: This tread should also be close since there's no way the game can be re-formated for anything else.

My Predictions on the outlook of this generation of consoles:
1-PS3
2-Wii (It may come too close to even consider second place and first)
3-360
And the next:
1-PS3 (they have 5 years in advance and the price is bellow the 400$ 'maybe even under 200$ after 10 years')
2-
3-
I would need to see the systems first, for second and third places.
I doubt it will be Nintendo since they will need to supply alot of money in developpement to come close to rival the PS3, but, given they sell alot of Wii and make a huge profit, make the devoppement neccessary to rival PS3, or at least come close, Nintendo's Wii might not be the last successfull Nintendo Console.

Xbox? ..., my feelings stay the same as they did when my cousin bought a defective core Xbox that could even start or play anything and needed immediat replacement. I used to have respect for them during the Xbox era, but now I only pity their poor souls who just can't live on...

Oh yeah, their console... verdit; They couldn't draw more people as they did before, people lost trust in their system, and the only buyers are thoses that were there before which refuses to let go of it in beliefs that in makes them someone, like a point of pride. 'Such as gays and lesbians'

It's like a computer, some small addition with tiny fancy feature to draw to eye, but nothing in developpement that they wouldn't draw profit.
1-Profit 2-Profit 3-Brainwash thoses gamers and suck the life out of them.

There's barely no difference between the Xbox and 360 games beside higher definition, which doesn't mean higher resolution or quality at all unlike PS1's graphic boost that could outbest 360 here (sad)...

Timerk
07-10-2007, 01:56 AM
The only thing I don't like about MS is how they are trying to buy the market. I am sure Sony is not any better, but MS seems to just be trying to keep things away from Sony and Nintendo.

I would like to see all games be multiplatform, but I also don't want the PS3 to die (since I own one), so I hope FF stays with Sony.

Disco Potato
07-10-2007, 08:46 PM

No, no they don't.

I think Omecle was referring to the fact that not all FFs come out on the PC. Only VII and VIII have (legally :p).

Hyperion4444
07-10-2007, 08:47 PM

No, no they don't.

I think Omecle was referring to the fact that not all FFs come out on the PC. Only VII and VIII have (legally :p).

Well, ok, you got me on that one. Sorry.
But who cared about the rest?:p

Heath
07-10-2007, 09:06 PM
Master System, hopefully.

Hyperion4444
07-10-2007, 09:15 PM
Master System, hopefully.

So PS3 then.

Bomber
07-11-2007, 03:21 AM
PC'S RULE!!!! Well, most of the time, anyway...

Hyperion4444
07-11-2007, 05:16 AM
PC'S RULE!!!! Well, most of the time, anyway...

yea.., MOST(as in half) of the time.

Styrofoam
07-11-2007, 12:49 PM
I don't own any of the next generation consols yet, but PS3.

Fantasy Moogle
09-10-2007, 02:23 AM
Hey everyone I'm new here and I think it should be with the Playstions throughout the years:mog:

Xear
10-16-2007, 12:35 PM
how about ps3/360/wii and the pc

pspkilla
10-17-2007, 06:53 PM
I want it to be on 360 so I don't have to go and buy a PS3, but I will if I have to just to play this game! I heard it might be on both, that would REALLY suck for Sony.

Hyperion4444
10-18-2007, 10:08 PM
PS3 Only

Rinoa Heartilly
10-19-2007, 01:03 AM
Voted for Wii since that's the only system I'd want to buy.
My love for ff might not have limits, but my wallet sure does :p

Xear
10-19-2007, 09:38 AM
The PS3 has some major flaws though....

For exsample blue ray - this could hold problems concidering that Final fantasy 7 was origonly for the N64, but due to an uncommon storgae device then they moved to Sony. And Spare the PS3 and PSP, Blue ray disks really serve no purpous, i mean hell for the psp you even have to by another version of your DVD movies you own just to use its "dvd player"

One post stated that the Xbox 360 cannot handle Highdefinition, well thats bull, they do have that facility.

Sony also lost thier exulusive contract with Square, as Square have started making decent titles for other consoles. If the loyalty was still there then why did Final fantasy III come out on the DS and not the the PSP, the same could be said about FFTA2.

And the Xbox has got some rather nice exclusive games at the moment. The Game Blue Dragon was alot better then anything in the final fantasy seeries after 9 and up to 12. Soon The Xbox will also be getting eternal sonatra.... as well which will be good :).

Before this tanjent goes on, i will also add alot of games on the PS3 where on the xbox first.

Face It Sony had thier chance, and they blew it when they decided to littrally take a dump on thier customers world wide. The Director of the PS3 at the time knew they where over charging for the console, and knew some game companys did not even want to touch Blue ray. But they thought, 'no, the customers will work extra hours just to buy this machine.'

But yeah, I say you bring the console out on all 3 if possible, after all Sony have lost thier contract, the PS3 has not got the purereputation, plusa its known now that square have not got that contract to abide by any more.

If however the game did only come out on the PS3... I wouldnt buy it. I would be stupid to by a new game machine that costs so much, when i dont need a new one.

Plus after FF12 , a game which I waited for in anticipation and brought on the day it came out. I was deeply disapointed, with its well crapness, lack of story, lack of character and just the gereral feeling that it was not even a Final fantasy game, but like the orignial final fantasy movie just a poriduct using its name. I heard at 13 is somwhat similar... So yeah if the game comes out on other consoles I might gameble "£30 - £40". But not over £150 for a company that thinks its loyal customers are sheep :-P

play-on-4eva
10-26-2007, 10:03 AM
Well I would Want it on the Wii or 360 because the ps3 is so expensive.

demondude
10-26-2007, 10:59 AM
It's for the Playstation 3 100%, It even said it on the official trailer during the Tokyo game show.

Hazzard
10-26-2007, 06:09 PM
It's for the Playstation 3 100%, It even said it on the official trailer during the Tokyo game show.

Before I would of liked that but I recently found myself purchasing an Xbox 360, so...:rolleyes2

Hyperion4444
10-27-2007, 01:13 PM
Well I would Want it on the Wii or 360 because the ps3 is so expensive.
PS3 40GB = 400$

Wii outsold both consoles in less than a year. (Even X360 two year advance and Halo 3)

Final Fantasy 7 was made on the Playstation due to N64 not being able to support FMV Video format 'the format you see good graphics'

I've never seen anything about 360 not handeling HD, it just doesn't support FULL HD that is 1080p.It does support 1080i.
I'm sick of hearing people bashing one another's system because they like theirs better or hate yours, or both.
PS3 is a great machine. Stood up for it's price as a package of Video Game Console and Entertainment system with BD Player and built in SS, just not the price you would have payed for a Console System.

Blue Dragon not being made by Square Enix themself.

PS3 supports all PS1 and PS2 games in full hd 1080p display.
True, some games were on the box first, changed to PS3, with added content.

People said the PS2 wasn't going to be successfull...

Raebus
10-27-2007, 01:23 PM
X box 360 and ps3 = Expensive and heck, even the wii might be expensive for what your getting. Their, that takes away your damn expensive argument.

Hyperion4444
10-27-2007, 03:14 PM
Eternal Sonata will be PS3 and X360.

PS3 costed 840$ to produce, sold it to you at 500$ (getting least lost) and 600$.
New manufacturing technique dropped the price significantly (New Sony BD Player cost 500$ unlike the first less effective model that costed 1000$)

PS3 has over 20 new exclusif title (That I want). 40 games in total that I want, that's more than my PS2 and it's the PS3's 1st year.

FFXIII lacks of info, and you're already bashing it.
It's just poor excuses you can found yourselves just because you know of it's superiority.

I'd never thought they'd actually sell PS3s at 600$ (200$ more, 50% more than the 360)
It surpassed the 360 first year sales in August, and was released mid November.

Anyway, this coming holiday:
-PS3 60GB 450$ (While supplies last) Full B/C
-PS3 40GB 400$ + Spiderman 3 BD Movie No PS2 B/C
-PS3 80GB 500$ + Motorstorm Emulation B/C

PS I also think that thoses who buys a system because of the name are ignorant slaves, I go with what appeals to me.

Sam250
10-27-2007, 08:00 PM
X box 360 and ps3 = Expensive and heck, even the wii might be expensive for what your getting. Their, that takes away your damn expensive argument.

If you look at it as the sum of its parts, the Wii is stupidly expensive, but Nintendo puts it together in such an awesome way, with some great games and promised future potentail, that it really dosn't work out that way.

The 360 I think is the 'cheapest console'. The HD, great games, awesome online (though, that does, admitedly, cost more...:(), great technology.

PS3 has a fair bit of future potentail, and for what your getting its actually quite cheap... but then again, i don't think i would ever have a use for it, till FFXIII and MGS.

Anyway, thats not the point. I'd say Wii, because its the only one i have atm (because its ACTUALLY the cheapest), but i can't help but feel that this is just one of those rare cases where you actually would lose somthing with the lesser graphics. Plus, there would be storage issues, and i'm not sure how they could use thw Wii contols t add to the experiance, as they do in most genres. A shame, to be sure, i'd love it to appear on the Wii. I'll make do with CC for now.

So, after all that.... i'll say 360!

Hyperion4444
10-27-2007, 08:59 PM
Aren't we supposed to talk about FFXIII?

I'm just happy Dualshock 3 is coming (It has the Sixaxis Motion Sensor and Wireless Blue Tooth with Rumble implemented)
If the other consoles has that, why not us?

I say Playstation 3.

There's more game that I want on the PS3 (That I like) than both other consoles...They have good games too, just not my taste.

I find the Wii to be a much better version than it's previous version, the Game Cube.
I still prefered the N64 as my best Nintendo, it was the best for me.
If they can pulled another N64 with Goldeneye, I'm in.

But I have Awesome and Perfect Games for my PS3.
I like it alot, it's new and fresh, quite powerfull too.

I'm not in this war gaming consoles, it's pointless to criticize other consoles to win a war, it's by doing a full reshearch on the product to make your own analise on all system that you can make your decision.

I hope the best for all systems.

Still waiting for more upcoming info about FFXIII.
I'm not a fan of Metal Gear Solid...

tidus_rox
11-25-2007, 03:12 AM
Um... PS3 because that's what it's for :p

Besides, Square said that they couldn't do what they are doing with FF XIII on any other system...

Jessweeee♪
11-25-2007, 04:35 AM
I'd want it on the Xbox 360 because we have everything but a PS3 right now, but the game can't go on anything but a PS3 as Square said they would take advantage of nearly every aspect of the console.

So it's going to be freaking awesome and many many fans won't get to play it until the next generation of consoles come out :(

The Last Oath
11-28-2007, 10:45 AM
I have the feeling that once it hits the ps3, it will be one of the greatest ff's. if it was on the ps2 it would be similiar to 12.

remnant1
11-28-2007, 04:34 PM
either xbox360 OR PS3,ill have both by the time it comes out.just so you all know,the game called Final Fantasy Xlll will be a ps3 exclusive,but dont forget about the others.final fantasy versus Xll will be for the 360(as far as i know).i may be thinking of AGITO,but i cant say for sure.all i know is that at least ONE of them will be for the 360.

and as vivi22 said ealier,the wii cannot run this game,so nintendo is definately out.the same goes for The Last Remnant,if anyone is curious.

phbr
11-28-2007, 04:50 PM
Both FFXIII and FFvXIII have been announced PS3 exclusive and Agito is for mobile phones.

A Square Enix executive has disclosed to Japan's Nikkei BP that the company currently has no plans for Final Fantasy games on the 360.

source: IGN: No Final Fantasy For Xbox 360 (http://uk.xbox360.ign.com/articles/794/794164p1.html)

Ontopic: I own a PS3, so I'm kind of glad Square Enix wants to keep this game PS3 exclusive to optimize it for this console (not like all those Ubisoft PS3 titles ....)

Richmond
11-28-2007, 04:56 PM
Final Fantasy XIII will never be on the 360.
Final Fantasy Versus XIII will never be on the 360.

The reason for those games being PS3 exclusive isn't that Square have brand loyalty. And it isn't that they have been paid by Sony to keep them exclusive. Even if they wanted to make those two games multi-platform, they probably couldn't. Because the real reason why those two games (among others) are exclusive to the PS3, is because they wouldn't be possible on any other console.

With the Wii, you'd need about 4 processor add-ons and make it a 5 disc game, just to have a chance.

With the 360, while it wouldn't be as bad as the Wii in terms of processing power, you'd still need to make it at least a 5 disc game. And in terms of Final Fantasy's, that'd be going backwards, not forwards.

The fact is, games like Final Fantasy are heavy hitters. They go all out with these games, and XIII will be no exception. The fact that Sony chose Blu-ray as their standard for games, makes things much much easier for developers, and gives them leeway to go all out, and not worry about space. The fact that a hard drive is included in every single console, gives the developers of these big hitters, peace of mind that they can go even further by allowing the game to install data to the hard drive. This will eventually mean faster load times, and maybe even longer games, among other things. The 360 is a good console, but they just didn't plan ahead enough. At the same time, Sony probably didn't think of the now enough, either. Their first year with the PS3 hasn't been pretty because of lack of games, and price point. But as the old saying goes "you get what you pay for", and that is very true of the PS3. You pay more than you do for the 360 or Wii, but you get everything that you WILL need down the track, regardless of whether you need it now or not, at some point, the things you get in your PS3 will start becoming the norm, and you'll be thankful that you've already got everything you need for your big black box. With the 360, you're given the 'option' for these things, but when you eventually do NEED them all, you'll end up having to buy all of the extras, and in the end, you'll wind up spending more overall. With that said, the 360 could never match the PS3 no matter how many extras you buy, due to the games being on DVD rather than HD-DVD or Blu-ray. All the 360 fans should blame their company for sticking with last-gen technology while trying to deliver a next-gen experience, for not getting titles such as FFXIII and MGS4.

Alot of people hated Sony earlier in the year for including these types of things, instead of giving the "choice to consumers" [/sarcasm], like Microsoft has done. And alot of people have said that most of Sony's features in the PS3 are pointless, and that their Cell technology is a failed technology. But yeah, when games like FFXIII come out and completely blow everyone away, by using all these 'pointless' features like the Blu-ray drive, and the 'failed' Cell processor, people will take a different tune.

remnant1
11-28-2007, 07:39 PM
hmmm,although i cant disagree with anything you said,your missing the full picture.yea,square-enix goes all out with final fantasy games,but final fantasy Xlll is not the only game under construction.square-enix just got the unreal engine3,the latest and greatest of engines,and videogame technology.you've heard of The Last Remnant no doubt,this is to be the first game created on this engine,and it will be for the PS3 AND the 360.from what i have heard(from square-enix staff directly)they are looking to make The Last Remnant their best game,giving players the best RPG experiance ever.and from what i have seen,these graphics are equal that of FFXlll.not to mention the mechanics of the game(although FFXlll's game mechanics havent been anounced as far as i know).and square-enix will also,undoubtedly go all out with this game.if that can work for the 360,then FFXlll should also.

Kanshisha
11-28-2007, 07:41 PM
PS3, obviously it's going to be played on a sony console, i mean, they would stop making for sony after all the FF's

Roto13
11-28-2007, 09:09 PM
You were born after 1994, weren't you?

Squenix isn't nearly as loyal to Sony as all of it's ridiculous fanchildren who forget that FF 1-6 were originally developed for Nintendo consoles and they STILL make Final Fantasy games for more than just Sony consoles.

remnant1
12-05-2007, 09:02 PM
burn

Bolivar
12-12-2007, 07:18 PM
You were born after 1994, weren't you?

Squenix isn't nearly as loyal to Sony as all of it's ridiculous fanchildren

i figured i could stop the hate-filled-quote right there. everyone and their grandmother on this forum knows the first six were made for nintendo, that knowledge in no way indicates that the main series FF's are going to be leaving sony anytime soon, or in the foreseeable future for that matter. Each game promises to utilize the newest (console) technology to the best capacity, and right now that ball's in Sony's court, and probably will be years from now when the next "console war" kicks off.

Also Richmond is absolutely right about ps3. one of the biggest argument for anti-sony peeps is the price factor, and while that's true for Wii, in the long run the PS3 delivers alot more than XBox for ALOT LESS. They give you Xbox live free for one year, but every year after that which you play it is another $100 tacked on, whereas PSN is free. Not to mention built in wifi, blue ray, and the ability to use linux, and that's a crazy deal compared to microsoft.

Roto13
12-13-2007, 08:54 PM
Obviously Squall Leonhart there doesn't know, considering he said that "all the FFs" were made for Sony consoles. It doesn't mean FF XIII is going to be for anything but PS3. It does mean that Squall Leonhart doesn't know what he's talking about.

Also, Xbox gives you live free for a month, then it's $50 a year.

Serapy
12-26-2007, 03:39 AM
Also, Xbox gives you live free for a month, then it's $50 a year.

PS3 online = no subscription, free.

My first FF was FF7. Obviously I've played the game on a Sony console. So when I became aware that FF13 will be PS3 only, I was like why not? My first FF experience took place on PSX. It doesn't matter if FF was originally made for Nintendo as it doesn't bother me anyway.

One of the reasons why I think it'll be PS3 only because PS3 is more powerful than 360 due to the stronger processors that PS3 has. Processor is always the important aspect of any console and even PS3 can support better resolution than 360, what more can I say? Oh yeah, blu-ray.

play-on-4eva
07-23-2008, 09:27 PM
Its going to be out on both 360 and ps3 they showed it in one of there trailers where at the end they show the 360 logo instead of the ps3 one

Depression Moon
07-23-2008, 09:42 PM
Everybody knows it's best for the PS3 discussion closed.

Roto13
07-23-2008, 10:27 PM
God I love looking over these old threads.

EDIT: Hyperion4444 makes me sigh pretty frequently. xP

Dragonsoul
07-24-2008, 12:29 PM
I want this game for pc! That would be perfect. I don't have a Xbox 360 or PS 3. I'm upgrading my pc in a couple months to get The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion and Mass Effect. I'll get Starcraft 2 after that. Later I hope that Final Fantasy XIII will be out on pc, that way I don't have to buy a console for it.

The PC is more powerful than Xbox 360 and PS 3 if you have the right parts. I'd be happy with a high quality PC, DS, and PSP! :)

Croyles
07-24-2008, 09:17 PM
Lol at my post, heh.

Nagumo
07-25-2008, 07:36 PM
[quote=Dragonsoul;2537268]I want this game for pc! quote]
Your wish is granted :P
Square Enix: Of Course, Final Fantasy XIII Is PC Bound! (http://kotaku.com/5028961/of-course-final-fantasy-xiii-is-pc-bound)

Roto13
07-25-2008, 07:42 PM
I don't get how so many people can read a transcript or watch that press conference and actually take it to mean there's a PC version of Final Fantasy XIII in the works.

videogaming247 » Blog Archive » Square rubbishes claims of FFXIII PC version (http://www.videogaming247.com/2008/07/25/square-rubbishes-ffxiii-on-pc-claims/)

Mirage
07-25-2008, 08:25 PM
Don't get your hopes up, kid. He said :p. Well, I've got a PS3 now anyway so it doesn't matter. Although, MGS4 was the main reason i got it, not FF13.

Dragonsoul
07-25-2008, 11:25 PM
I'm upset! :mad2:!!!

It would be great to have FF XIII on pc, that way I don't have to buy a console. I don't feel like buying a console. I've been waiting for FF XIII for years, and I don't have enough great games to fill in the time waiting I think. I realized later there is no pc version, but I hope they do one. :)