PDA

View Full Version : Who should Ramza have hooked up with?

Ziekfried
05-13-2007, 05:33 AM
Well who should he have hooked up with? I think Rafa was tight, crazy fine foreign chick with some fancy power, and she's the last of her race. So he should have got her.

Meat Puppet
05-13-2007, 08:59 AM
Rafa, without a doubt.

Christmas
05-13-2007, 10:10 AM
agrias. (http://forums.eyesonff.com/members/agrias.html)

BG-57
05-13-2007, 02:31 PM
Meliadoul. They both were used as pawns by their scheming relatives and both lost family near and dear to them, so they have a lot in common. And their personalities are compatible.

Plus her quote makes me wonder....

Ziekfried
05-14-2007, 01:40 PM
I'm not sure what quote you're talking about BG. Could you divulge this precious info please?

I said Rafa simply because she's dark skinned and exotic and I like that, plus it would be nice if her race didn't die out. I don't think that Malak would quite do the job y'know. Of course I think a woman tha can fight is a novel idea can't really tell how fine she is under that robe and all that armor but I suspect she's fit, and she does really click with Ramza, but Raf als seemed to have a special moment with Ramza too.

BG-57
05-14-2007, 03:18 PM
When you click on her icon she says:

When you feel someone's more important than yourself, it may be love....

dodhungry
05-14-2007, 10:04 PM
My vote goes for a genaric archer or oracle but hey thats just me :p

Ziekfried
05-15-2007, 06:00 AM
ooooh! that is quite a line there isn't it?

Shotgunnova
05-15-2007, 01:40 PM
He shouldn't hook up with anyone. One of the reasons I like the story is that it avoids the pitfalls of romantic subplots by avoiding them altogether. Sure a politically-motivated game could _maybe_ be a little better for such scenes, but overall, it works better on a peripheral level. The Delita/Ovelia stuff is on the fringe, just 'there' where it can work without being too involved with bogging down the actions of Ramza. 'Sides, I doubt our defender-of-justice protagonist would have any time to settle down and act on feelings when he's gotta stick a sword into someone's brainbase every five seconds. :p

Ziekfried
05-16-2007, 08:12 AM
In response to shottgunnova, I absolutely know what you mean! I hate all the mushy crap right in the middle of a good war. All them chinese war flicks have them and it is really obnoxious the movie pearl harbor also a great example of such crap. Just because all is fair in love and war doesn't mean they go together. Aside form this rant against romance though, I actually meant who should he have hooked up with after everything concluded, y'know killed everyone that needed to be killed and done being chased by the whole country, for him to have hooked up with anyone then would've been retarded.

Suiko Jin
05-17-2007, 07:05 AM
He shouldn't hook up with anyone. One of the reasons I like the story is that it avoids the pitfalls of romantic subplots by avoiding them altogether. Sure a politically-motivated game could _maybe_ be a little better for such scenes, but overall, it works better on a peripheral level. The Delita/Ovelia stuff is on the fringe, just 'there' where it can work without being too involved with bogging down the actions of Ramza. 'Sides, I doubt our defender-of-justice protagonist would have any time to settle down and act on feelings when he's gotta stick a sword into someone's brainbase every five seconds. :p

Quoted for truth!

I agree, he shouldn't hook up with anyone and it is one reason that I love the game and that character. But out of the choices presented, I would say Meliadoul.

hanawa
05-22-2007, 03:49 PM
I would go for Agrias... ;)
Ramza seems cute & boyish so I personally think he needs someone more matured & quite older to look after & take care of him.
Remember what Cloud's mother recommended to her son?
"You should get someone older to look after you..." (Perhaps it sounds like this)
Well, Cloud is a lot like Ramza in many ways...

Xaven
05-23-2007, 12:33 AM
Malak. Hands down. :P

Milanion
05-23-2007, 10:12 PM
Meliadoul

Lawr
05-26-2007, 02:14 AM
Agrias was what I chose. At random though.

Bolivar
05-29-2007, 05:07 AM
Well, seeing as how they're travelling together, he should of got with HIS SISTER!

jk, jk.

seriously, I think he should've went up to Limberry Castle with his squad, and killed Delita for the queen. He could say "sorry buddy, but all's fair in love AND WAR." That would've been very un-Ramza, but very FFT.

Sefie1999AD
06-17-2007, 12:55 AM
Well, seeing as how they're travelling together, he should of got with HIS SISTER!

jk, jk.

seriously, I think he should've went up to Limberry Castle with his squad, and killed Delita for the queen. He could say "sorry buddy, but all's fair in love AND WAR." That would've been very un-Ramza, but very FFT.

I think the title of Chapter 4, "Someone to Love", is referring to Ramza's love for Alma. However, this is brotherly love, of course, as anything else would be just disturbing. I think Ramza ended up with Agrias, if anyone. I never used Rafa and Meliadoul (I can't even remember who the latter one is), and Agrias is a strong, noble character, just like Ramza.

If generics also count, let's say my final party included Ramza, Agrias, Orlandu, Jenique and Shawn (two generic characters). Jenique was a Geomancer with some great abilities, such as Two Swords and Counter. I like to think that Ramza could have ended up with her too, though that's nothing official, of course. :D I agree with whoever said the characters get together only after the game's events, not during the game.

Trisdyn
09-02-2007, 08:59 PM
This thread is fun. FFT doesn't really show a lot of Ramza's love ambitions.

Sorry to you Meliadoul lovers, but I removed her as soon as she joined the party (Just to get her sword).

I always thought that he would go well with Agrias, since they are both noble and etc, even though I only occasionally used her.

Is it just me, or does anyone have a particularly emotional attachment to those generic characters? I always thought they were just as important as the unique ones. I had a kick ass Lancer named Dennis, with Javelin II, Two Hands, and Hamedo. He could easily deal 999 damage in one spike.

And I had another Priest with Summon magic that I also had an attachment to, since she was from original party. (She just happened to have high faith so I decided to make her into a priest.) Yup, I would have definitely made Ramza hook up with her.

BG-57
09-02-2007, 11:23 PM
The only generics I felt a strong attachment to are the storyline trio: Rad, Lavian, and Alicia. I would have loved to learn more about them and their stories.