PDA

View Full Version : Golden Sun

Hazzard
05-13-2007, 08:57 AM
I was recommended to play this game, by one of my friends, and I find it is a very good RPG. I'm really liking the battle system and the story seems remotely interesting so far.

What do you guys think of this game?

Zeromus_X
05-13-2007, 09:01 AM
I think both games are very wonderful, and enjoy them immensely.

Once you finish the first game though, you are pretty much forced into buying the Lost Age along with it...

Skyblade
05-13-2007, 09:58 AM
One of the best RPGs of all time. Truly glorious games. Incredible plot, wonderful characters (great main characters and one of the best villains of all time [even though you never actually face him in combat]), excellent music, insanely fun gameplay (FF's battle system with Legend of Zelda's puzzle mania, I love it)...

Crossblades
05-13-2007, 02:46 PM
I think both games are very wonderful, and enjoy them immensely.

Once you finish the first game though, you are pretty much forced into buying the Lost Age along with it...

Bunny
05-13-2007, 03:07 PM
The first one was very enjoyable. I couldn't really get into the second one though. Maybe I should finish it one of these days.

Hazzard
05-13-2007, 05:32 PM
The graphics are throwing me off a bit, but who really cares about them anyway, if the game is quite out of times. By the way, what did you name your main guy?

I named him Larit. I also love the quick and wonderful leveling up system, and find joy in reaching the next level, and beating the crap out of fiends. The system reminds me of FFVII's system, but more active and enjoyable.

Roto13
05-13-2007, 05:38 PM
I love both games. I'm still hoping they make a DS sequel.

Zeromus_X
05-13-2007, 06:29 PM
The graphics are throwing me off a bit, but who really cares about them anyway, if the game is quite out of times. By the way, what did you name your main guy?

The graphics of Golden Sun are the best on the GBA, even now.

I left them as Isaac and Felix.

Ouch!
05-13-2007, 08:06 PM
I vaguely remember hearing something about Camelot developing a game for the Wii. This information was accompanied by rumors that the new title was going to be a third Golden Sun game.

I wouldn't complain about a DS sequel, though. That'd be pretty damn sweet.

ljkkjlcm9
05-13-2007, 11:22 PM
I vaguely remember hearing something about Camelot developing a game for the Wii. This information was accompanied by rumors that the new title was going to be a third Golden Sun game.

I wouldn't complain about a DS sequel, though. That'd be pretty damn sweet.

Either one would work wonderfully with the Psychic powers, using the stylus or Wii-remote to move things etc.

THE JACKEL

JKTrix
05-14-2007, 04:30 AM

I think that was me and my fanboy spouting. (http://forums.eyesonff.com/general-gaming-discussion/86425-nintendo.html#post1720121)

Sorry.

Golden Sun: Great.

Worrying About The Graphics of a GBA Game: WTF?

Rase
05-14-2007, 04:35 AM
The first one was very enjoyable. I couldn't really get into the second one though. Maybe I should finish it one of these days.

Roto13
05-14-2007, 04:50 AM

I think that was me and my fanboy spouting. (http://forums.eyesonff.com/general-gaming-discussion/86425-nintendo.html#post1720121)

Sorry.

xD

XxSephirothxX
05-14-2007, 05:18 AM
I loved them both. I think the first had a bit more charm, but the second was such a massive game that really advanced every aspect of the first one, and it's right up there with my favorite games ever. I hope they release another one and make use of the clear data from The Lost Age, although I've probably lost my cartridge by now. :p

StarlightAngel
05-15-2007, 12:26 AM
I don't think they ever planned a third one, which was really stupid considering how open it is for another installment.

Oh well. Both games are awesome. I loved the Psynergy.

escobert
05-15-2007, 06:53 PM
I have the first and like it ^_^ still need to finish it :p

Hazzard
05-15-2007, 07:10 PM
Right now, I've reached the first outside town, and I'm lost already. Can someone tell me where those thieves have hidden the rod, and where in the Inn it is?

{cloud}
05-15-2007, 08:43 PM
This game is so good that not many GBA games could compete with it.

Queen Anthai
10-05-2007, 10:15 AM
Right now, I've reached the first outside town, and I'm lost already. Can someone tell me where those thieves have hidden the rod, and where in the Inn it is?

Once you get Ivan in your party, use Mind Read on pretty much everyone. Eventually the bandits will end up on the top floor of the Inn. Then go outside the inn and climb the ladder into the attic.

Golden Sun = MADE OF WIN AND AWESOME. I can play through the first one and get all the Djinn without a strategy guide, but I need my hand held throughout all of Lost Age. Once I hit Air's Rock I'm pretty much f-worded.

I cannot decide if this is a good or a bad thing.

The Unknown Guru
10-06-2007, 12:34 AM
I love both games. I'm still hoping they NEVER EVER EVER EVER make a DS sequel OR ANY OTHER SEQUEL EVER AGAIN.Edited to fit my personal beliefs.

Yeah, these games rule. The second-best non Squeenix RPG I've ever played (after Earthbound, of course), and it can hold its own with the best FFs. However, I think the story was resolved perfectly and no further attempt to extract money from the games should be made.

Roto13
10-06-2007, 02:30 AM
Resolved perfectly? With immortal/all-powerful Alex trapped in the middle of the earth? No.

aquatius
10-06-2007, 02:19 PM
I loved these games and want a third one sooooo much...

I Don't Need A Name
10-06-2007, 02:29 PM
Golden Sun really is the best GBA game out there
From Wikipedia:
a Camelot representative announced that "the current status of a third game ... is still up in the air"

aquatius
10-06-2007, 02:36 PM
It's been in the air for years. Also, I am in the process of a GS solo Isaac playthrough at the moment.

Psychokitty
10-06-2007, 03:08 PM
I beat both of the golden sun games. I think there might be a 3rd Golden sun because at the end of the 2nd, the big floting eye(I forgot his name) kills Alex and destroies the Mt. Psynergy. It looks like Alex dies, but I think he might have lived.

Skyblade
10-06-2007, 06:37 PM
I beat both of the golden sun games. I think there might be a 3rd Golden sun because at the end of the 2nd, the big floting eye(I forgot his name) kills Alex and destroies the Mt. Psynergy. It looks like Alex dies, but I think he might have lived.

The Wise One didn't destroy Mt. Aleph, the unleashed power of the Golden Sun did. The Wise One didn't kill Alex either. He fought and defeated him, but also gave him the chance to survive. Since Alex is the most awesome villain in gaming history, and he recently obtained half of the power of the Golden Sun, there is no way he was killed by the collapse of the mountain. He survived, and he will track down Isaac and attempt to claim the full power of Alchemy.

Hazzard
10-06-2007, 07:14 PM
Seeing as this wonderful thread has been revived, I'll pose another query which has developed recently in the game; I don't know what to do in that town after you depart from the ship. I'm in this tournament hosted place, loads of battling etc, but I don't know how to get any further with the story, it seems my path is blocked by obstacles of civilians in the way.

Skyblade
10-06-2007, 08:54 PM
Investigate the castle in the NW corner of town. You'll find people searching for someone, and hints about where to go to find him.

Captain Maxx Power
10-07-2007, 01:10 AM
I managed to pick up the second one for six quid because people are completely oblivious to the sheer genius of many GBA titles and assume that the carts are as worthless as tissue paper. It's a hell of a lot of fun, but I haven't played in ages. It seems like the sort of game that I would easily miss 60~70% of the actual playable game due to my non-Japanese tendencies to not search every nook and cranny.

aquatius
10-07-2007, 06:58 PM
Is it possible to backtrack through mogall forest when you are at the point of being able to enter lamakan desert? I need to get a djinn I missed.

Zeromus_X
10-07-2007, 08:08 PM
You can reenter and explore Mogall Forest, but only be reentering it from the Kolima side. Later in the game (I don't remember exactly when), the bridge from Kalay will be repaired, and you can go back and forth from the Kolima region.

aquatius
10-07-2007, 08:12 PM
Damn, it'll probably hinder my solo game then.

Psychokitty
10-07-2007, 08:36 PM
Hmm..... I just got a great idea! I'm going to make a Golden Sun RP. Could yall help me with it?

Elite Lord Sigma
10-08-2007, 12:43 AM
I've wanted to play Golden Sun for a while. Definitely up there along with Chrono Trigger as an RPG I want to play.