PDA

View Full Version : What Do You Think?

Wolf Kanno
05-13-2007, 10:01 AM
So we might never see Chrono Break (or Brake or whatever it's called these days:rolleyes2 ) but it looks like some of the original creators did have some ideas for it.

So what do you think the third Chrono game would have been about? What stories and loose ends do you feel it would have touched upon and cleared up?

This thread is about pure speculations but I would like to keep spam to a minimum so please only post if you have something relevant to say. :mad:

NeoCracker
05-13-2007, 11:18 AM
It's going to be about how Lucca was totally owned by Lynx.

But really, I'd like it to cover the events leading up to chrono Cross. The Fall of Gaurdia, the rise of Poore, the Corruption of the Masamune, and all that good stuff.

LunarWeaver
05-13-2007, 07:12 PM

*Shakes fist* Damn you KeanuSaltine :nonono:

If the team wanted to please fans, they would make it about Magus. The man has plenty of plot potential to be the main character, rather post or pre-Trigger, either one. But then the main character would talk and have a personality and we all know how awful that would be for fans.

Dragonface
05-14-2007, 12:16 AM
Its more likely for Break's story has nothing to do with Trigger's OR/AND Cross'. Just like Cross' story has nothing to do with Trigger's.

Zeality
05-14-2007, 02:37 AM
Yeah, I guess the appearance of Schala, Belthasar, Lavos, Porre, and the variety of references going from Guardia to the Arris Dome mean Chrono Cross has nothing to do with Chrono Trigger. :confused:

Dragonface
05-14-2007, 02:52 AM
I ment story-wise.

Dr. Acula
05-14-2007, 10:13 AM

*Shakes fist* Damn you KeanuSaltine :nonono:

If the team wanted to please fans, they would make it about Magus. The man has plenty of plot potential to be the main character, rather post or pre-Trigger, either one. But then the main character would talk and have a personality and we all know how awful that would be for fans.

Yeah, it should be about Magus. All the way from when he's Janus to when he attacks Guardia.

NeoCracker
05-14-2007, 12:00 PM
I ment story-wise.

Um, Cross couldn't have happened if Trigger didn't happen. Cross is the result of the Actions taken by the Cast of Trigger. They are very much related story wise.

Dr. Acula
05-15-2007, 07:14 AM
I ment story-wise.

Um, Cross couldn't have happened if Trigger didn't happen. Cross is the result of the Actions taken by the Cast of Trigger. They are very much related story wise.

I think Dragonface meant that the mood of the stories were both different. But I wouldn't know, cause I haven't played Cross.

Wolf Kanno
05-15-2007, 08:20 PM
I think Dragonface meant the fact that Cross only features three returning characters from CT (Schala, Robo, and Lavos) and only two of the main cast are actually mentioned in the game (Lucca and Magus)

There are the ghosts, but there is not enough evidence to support that they are the actual people they represent.

Zechs
05-16-2007, 02:59 AM
The two were completly different. To the point that such occurances would be little more than a cameo. I mean Crono spoke... C'mon.
Anyway, Break would probably clear up as to why there is such an occurance to the Trigger and the Cross. Why Lavos Triggered the m in the first place (Zeal as well). But the Dead Sea was an interesting part of Cross I'd like to see explained a bit more.

Wolf Kanno
05-16-2007, 05:25 AM
I think the third game will most likely feature a mostly new cast, there might be some playable returning characters but overall I feel it will be a new cast. I also feel a new artist may actually be tapped to do character designs since both previous entries had popular manga/anime character designers. Mitsuda is freelance so it shouldn't be a problem to get him aboard especially if many of the original team gets assembled to work on the project.

Hopefully the story will touch upon some of the loose ends created in CC. The game will touch upon the Fall of Guardia (though I doubt will get many details, perhaps just a verification of who attacked it and maybe even the fates of Crono and Marle), feature the return of the Mastermune, and may or may not have the return of Lavos, and hopefully the fates of several key characters from both previous games.

The titles usually have some bearing on the direction of the games story. Trigger, though an obvious reference to the actual artifact of the same name in the game, can also be alluded to the "trigger" of time travel and the "triggers" that affect the future (Lavos, Zeal, Magus...) it's mostly a refernce to the time travel aspect of the game.

Cross, once again the obvious reference of thew artifact of the same name, can also be an allusion to "crossing" over to other worlds or parallel worlds to be exact which is the key theme of the game as well.

Now, oddly enough, whether Brake or Break is the title it still alludes to the same idea of what the game may prehaps be about. Break is obviously a term of destruction which can allude to the damage caused by Crono's team and Serge's teams messing with the space time contineum(sp?) which from seeing how convulated things were getting in CC's story shows that tampering with time has caused a "fracturing" of the timeline. The other possibility is if the title is Brake which denotes a slowling down process where something is slowed to a stop... Once again it alludes to an eventual destruction caused by the tampering of the natural order from previous games.

Perhaps CB would be about a team trying to fix the damage before this eventual time destruction comes to bear...

Reeno the Alchemist
05-17-2007, 02:29 AM
this would probably never happen in the way i would like it to, but i'd like to see the reuniting of kid and serge and like have them meet crono or something idk it'd be cool tho no matter what chrono break was soposed to be both games were awesome tho <33

Shotgunnova
05-27-2007, 07:21 AM
I suppose the third installation would tell a bit more about the Fall of Guardia. From CT's end to CC's start, there's twenty years where not much is known -- that'd be a good place to start. Storytelling might even be a bit easier since the first two games bookend the timeline (or one of 'em, at least).

Jowy
06-01-2007, 06:21 PM
Just give me an entirely new game about stopping time with subtle references to the previous two games and I'll be happy.

Like the Enertron in Chrono Cross. ^^

blackmage_nuke
07-16-2007, 02:35 PM
I think the third installment should just be about completely new people who also travel in time, sort of like same theme different setting and characters and plot all together like final fantasy. Maybe with one obscure refference to the previous games