PDA

View Full Version : Playing Halo 2 on the 360

BlackWaltz
05-13-2007, 08:47 PM
Ive had my 360 since october and have never played halo 2 online as the disc wont run because the 360 is not backwards compatible with it. I need to know how to update it? as i cant seem to do it from the dash board. Can someone let me know please?

Dragonface
05-13-2007, 11:31 PM
a Video Rental Shops may have the info you need for backwards compatible for Xbox360 (Video EZY for one in New Zealand)

JKTrix
05-14-2007, 04:25 AM
If you can get online with the 360, it should automatically download the patch for it to play.

Otherwise, check here

Xbox.com | How To - How To Get Original Xbox Game Support for Xbox 360 (http://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/backwardscompatibility.htm)

BlackWaltz
05-14-2007, 05:53 PM
okay yeah it has downloaded the update now and i can play it, but i cant seem to play it on xbox live? I go into the lobby and i cant seem to search for a game. it just says in the top left corner 'you dont have the required maps for this game' even though i havent chose a game or even been able to select a type of game to play.
Anyone else have this problem? someone please help! i just wanna play halo online!

edczxcvbnm
05-14-2007, 05:58 PM
To do matchmaking you have to have at least the 3 free map packs. To use all of the different matchmaking options you would have to pay $4 for the non-free map pack(will be free sometime in early july). I ain't paying $4 when Halo 3 beta starts on Wednesday and then July is just a hop skip and a throw away.

BlackWaltz
05-14-2007, 06:00 PM
ah rite! cheers for that mate! i will get downloading them now!