PDA

View Full Version : Fishing Mini-game

Northcrest
05-14-2007, 02:02 AM
In the fishing side quest there is a part where you need the Matamune but in order to get it you need 5 different colored bottles. How do you get those colored bottles. Does it just happen to get the bottles does it occur by doing something. Any information would help at this moment.

Renmiri
05-14-2007, 02:38 AM
FFXII/Quests/Fishing - FFProject (http://ffproject.net/forumwiki/index.php/FFXII/Quests/Fishing)

you will be able to randomly reel in special bottles. There are 5 of them and they will randomly "bite" the hook as you fish. Each of them come in their own color with a note inside.

* I. Blue Bottle
* II. Green Bottle
* III. Red Bottle
* IV. Yellow Bottle
* V. Black Bottle

Bomber
07-13-2007, 08:42 PM
I've got the same problem. I've turned in probably at least 100 bottles and still no luck. How will you know when you've got one of the special bottles?

farplaner
06-04-2008, 09:41 AM
Old thread, I know, but I just picked up FFXII again about a week ago, and I've been fishing for hours. It's getting really tiresome.

I've probably sold 300 fish to Ada. I know the colored bottles 'bite' randomly, but can anyone tell me how long it took them to get the first bottle- all of the bottles?

Elias_the_Belias
06-04-2008, 09:06 PM
i got them in about 10 tries.

Andamo
06-05-2008, 10:15 PM
You cannot catch the special colored bottles until you have completed the "Ancient Man of Mystery" hunt.

farplaner
06-07-2008, 12:48 PM
Thanks, Andamo. I read that the fishing sidequest can't be completed until you complete the hunt, but I don't remember reading anything that said that part of the quest was included.

At least I know now instead of wondering.