PDA

View Full Version : need...good...psp...game

.:kerrod:.
05-14-2007, 12:48 PM
i need something to keep me occupied, PLEASE suggest the best psp game you've ever played...need...game...now...

demondude
05-14-2007, 04:42 PM
im sorry but i believe this belongs in general gaming:) a mod will move it soon

Levian
05-14-2007, 05:37 PM
It's very good that you use the warn system, demondude, but there's really no point in posting the same info in the thread also. It's off topic and it also appears kinda modwhorish. :eek:

*moves to General Gaming* :)

Jowy
05-14-2007, 05:40 PM
Lumines.

JKTrix
05-14-2007, 05:52 PM
http://forums.eyesonff.com/general-gaming-discussion/104652-psp-games.html

Also, Daxter.

Alternatively, Get a DS.

Croyles
05-14-2007, 06:02 PM
Or wait a while for God of War, Final Fantasy Tactics: The Lion War, FF7: Crisis Core, and maybe Final Fantasy: Dissidia.

But some of those will take forever, so in the meantime, I suggest borrowing a DS off someone :D

I have a PSP, and I sort of regret buying it.

Roto13
05-14-2007, 06:06 PM
Alternatively, Get a DS.

in the meantime, I suggest borrowing a DS off someone :D

I have a PSP, and I sort of regret buying it.

*braces for impact*

Dreddz
05-14-2007, 07:45 PM
Portable Ops is pretty sweet. If you like fighters definately get Street Fighter Alpha 3 Max and Tekken Dark Ressurection.

Whats with all the "Get a DS" comments here. Hes asking for a friggin PSP game, like hes going to sell it straight away and buy a DS, what help is telling him to do something so dumb and irrational.

Croyles
05-14-2007, 07:51 PM
Yes yes, it was very dumb and irrational, but it was only TWO "get a DS" comments, and one of them suggesting 4 PSP titles.

I havnt played Portable Ops. But im guessing its good.

JKTrix
05-14-2007, 07:59 PM
You ruined the spoiler!

I forgot about Portable Ops, that's another of PSP's top games.

NeoCracker
05-14-2007, 08:03 PM
Given how the DS is obviously superior, If you cannot afford a DS without first hocking your PSP, your silly not to do it.

However the upcoming Tatctics sounds good. and the Valkyrie Profile Port could be worth it if you like those games.

Roto13
05-14-2007, 09:39 PM
Hell, you should smash your PSP and any other Sony products you might have and give all of your money to Nintendo.

Shiny
05-14-2007, 09:55 PM
Well, considering I've only played two games on the PSP I'd say Splinter Cell: Essentials even though the controls annoyed me, but that was more so because of how crappy PSP is.

Dragonface
05-14-2007, 11:51 PM
What about the video? PSP not only able to play games but also play videos by UMD video disks.

Here are UMD video I think you sould get:
FFVII:AC
Robocop

Alot lot of people say than now there is no good games to play now for the PSP.

KentaRawr!
05-15-2007, 12:30 AM
Tekken Dark Resurrection is addicting. I'm not sure if Monster Hunter came out yet, but get it anyway.

Slothy
05-15-2007, 01:06 AM
Given how the DS is obviously superior, If you cannot afford a DS without first hocking your PSP, your silly not to do it.

However the upcoming Tatctics sounds good. and the Valkyrie Profile Port could be worth it if you like those games.

I would take a PSP and MGS: Portable Ops over a DS and any game on it any day of the week. Tactics, Valkyrie Profile, and some of the others mentioned here would just be icing on the cake. And before any of the DS fanboys have a stroke, I've played the DS extensively (my mom and my sister each have one) and the best thing it ever did was run my various FF Advance titles. Granted, Pheonix Wright was fun, but when you've played it once, you'll never need to play it again.

Jessweeee♪
05-15-2007, 01:22 AM
The DS is far superior. Unfortunately Square seems to like the PSP just as much :cry:

I don't have a PSP but you should try Tekken 5: Dark Ressurection

Mo-Nercy
05-15-2007, 01:27 AM
Tekken: Dark Resurrection. It's good practice for the real thing.

Fonzie
05-15-2007, 01:31 AM
Portable Ops is the way to go.

o_O
05-15-2007, 03:13 AM
The DS is far inferior to the PSP. :p

My favourite games on PSP are GTA: Liberty City Stories and Vice City Stories.

I was a little disappointed with MGS: AC!D 1 and 2, but Portable Ops looks awesome.

Roto13
05-15-2007, 03:15 AM
The DS is far inferior to the PSP. :p

Burn the witch!

Masamunemaster
05-15-2007, 05:56 AM
I personally liked field commander

Larahl
05-15-2007, 10:02 AM
Final Fantasy Anniversary Edition - Coming out in a month
Final Fantasy II Anniversary Edition - Coming out in two months
Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories
Metal Gear Solid: Portable Ops
Ratchet & Clank: Size Matters
Prince of Persia Rival Swords
Valkyrie Profile: Lenneth
Tekken: Dark Resurrection
Puzzle Quest: Challenge of the Warlords
Lumines II
SOCOM: U.S. Navy SEALs Fireteam Bravo 2
Killzone: Liberation
Marvel: Ultimate Alliance
Gurumin: A Monstrous Adventure
Kingdom of Paradise
X-Men Legends II: Rise of Apocalypse

That's what I can think about.

But I do suggest you to get a DS, if you can.
The games there are much more fun.

Griff
05-15-2007, 10:08 PM
All I have to say is this:

Avoid Kingdom of Paradise and Work Time Fun. If you ever trust one thing I say, make it this post.

Dreddz
05-15-2007, 10:14 PM
Work Time Fun was decent if your into the whole mini game thing. So I wouldnt listen to Griff if I were you.

ixnine
05-16-2007, 01:22 AM
Final Fantasy Anniversary Edition - Coming out in a month
Final Fantasy II Anniversary Edition - Coming out in two months
Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories
Metal Gear Solid: Portable Ops
Ratchet & Clank: Size Matters
Prince of Persia Rival Swords
Valkyrie Profile: Lenneth
Tekken: Dark Resurrection
Puzzle Quest: Challenge of the Warlords
Lumines II
SOCOM: U.S. Navy SEALs Fireteam Bravo 2
Killzone: Liberation
Marvel: Ultimate Alliance
Gurumin: A Monstrous Adventure
Kingdom of Paradise
X-Men Legends II: Rise of ApocalypseThat's what I can think about.

But I do suggest you to get a DS, if you can.
The games there are much more fun.

You just named all the games I was going to list. Also, if you haven't tried it, I strongly recommend Wipeout Pure. also, you can always import Final Fantasy Tactics if you don't want to wait until october.

JKTrix
05-16-2007, 01:03 PM
There's a new WipEout coming soonish on PSP: WipEout Pulse. Wait for that if you must have WipEout.

Another game I forgot: Burnout! Burnout Dominator came out a couple months ago in the US. It's a racing game where you can crash stuff. I had Burnout Legends on PSP and even though it's older, I liked it more than WipEout.

WTF is borderline decent. However, any one of the 3 WarioWare games you can play on the DS (particularly GBA's 'Twisted!') may be more fulfilling. The styles of the games are different, but to this day I still play Wario Ware occasionally while WTF only lasted a few days.

I wouldn't say WTF is a bad Wario Ware rip-off, because it's not bad and it's not entirely a rip-off. For one thing, WTF's games last a lot longer than 5 seconds. I wouldn't really reccomend it, even if you didn't have a GBA/DS.

Markus. D
05-16-2007, 01:08 PM
the games available nowadays for the PSP are amazing.

It would have been better if it had shone earlier :(

The black mage
05-16-2007, 01:50 PM
DS fanboys shut up. he is asking for PSP games
(the bellow rant is for DS fanboys to shut them up)
THe psp is better as you can play FF1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9 MGS1 (of couse). off the various emulaters yes i know ff3 is on the ds but you can use the nes rom for an emulator so whats the point of a DS. Apart form the FF3 remake. Plus i have played on one before to games are too childish for me.
Ok i'm finished ranting now
Also MGS portable ops looks good and after my exams i'm getting it myself. FF1/2 and dissaladia look good on it. X-men legends 2 is good.
EDIT:MGS digital gravic comic is cool aswell

Roto13
05-16-2007, 02:05 PM
Your anguish sustains me.

Maxico
05-16-2007, 03:23 PM
Reggie! A PSP owner is looking for advice! Details are sketchy, but we can't ascertain whether he owns a DS or not! Recruit a team of teenagers... with attitude!

'NINTENDO APPRECIATION SQUAD' REPORTING FOR DUTY, SIR!

SUIT UP AND ROLL OUT, N.A.S!

That's how I like to think the internet works.

JKTrix
05-16-2007, 04:01 PM
Trust Maxico to commentate every time it happens.

I'm not turning this into a DS vs PSP argument, merely suggesting alternative means of entertainment. Sometimes you get better results if you think outside the box.

As for black mage's rant (which, if we were competing, would fail miserably to shut me up). If PSP>DS by virtue of emulation, thereby rendering the DS worthless (since it doesn't emulate), then that would make the PSP entirely useless because PCs have been emulating the PS1 for years. So has the PS2.

A system's worth is largely based on its unique software, something the PSP hasn't been able to boast about until recently. It's not about ports or rehashes or emulation. Those are nice extras, but it shouldn't be your focus.

In short, saying stuff like 'X system sux' now is ignorant. It all comes down to personal preference.

But yeah, I'd been putting my DS stuff in invisible spoilers, since it would/did spoil the thread. With spoilers, you're essentially supposed to pretend it doesn't exist, ya?

edit: It would be nice if the topic creator would reply.

Dreddz
05-16-2007, 06:02 PM
While I agree with JKtrix for the most part, emulation can be your focus if you want it to be, as you said, its all down to personal preference. I bought a GP2X solely for emulators and homebrew, and it was awesome.

If someone wants to say something is better than something else for even the most stupidist of things, let them. No ones opinion is right or wrong.

Levian
05-16-2007, 06:23 PM
The only game that's ever tempted me to buy a PSP was Medievil Resurrection.

Cookie
05-16-2007, 06:48 PM
Monster Hunter is pretty good if you have a friend to play it with. The GTA games are pretty good on there as well. If you're in the UK, I saw Killzone: Liberation for 15 quid in Game, and Killzone is awesome by default. Can't really think of anymore atm.

The black mage
05-17-2007, 02:32 PM
As for black mage's rant (which, if we were competing, would fail miserably to shut me up). If PSP>DS by virtue of emulation, thereby rendering the DS worthless (since it doesn't emulate), then that would make the PSP entirely useless because PCs have been emulating the PS1 for years. So has the PS2.

A system's worth is largely based on its unique software, something the PSP hasn't been able to boast about until recently. It's not about ports or rehashes or emulation. Those are nice extras, but it shouldn't be your focus.

In short, saying stuff like 'X system sux' now is ignorant. It all comes down to personal preference.
I was having a bad day with 3 Xbox fanboys saying lies (DON'T GET ME STARTED)

yes computers can emulate however you get very wird looks if you use your laptop on the bus. (i have tired this before)

edit: It would be nice if the topic creator would reply.
Where on earth is he (NO SARCASTIC ANSWERS PLEASE)

The only game that's ever tempted me to buy a PSP was Medievil Resurrection.
I had this untill very recentlty
Actuly this reminds me of the sysetems biggest fault. a little metal disk in the UMD can slip and then the game becomes useless. THis happedned to my copy of Medievil Resurrection only reason i havent played it for ages

Gyna
05-18-2007, 08:18 PM
Actually, emulation is a huge topic for me. I don't own a PSP, but I'd love to have one with an old firmwarre just for the sake of having a portable, good looking emulator (not just the design, but also the great PSP screen) with an infinite supply of free, awesome, classic games. I love emulation, but I don't want to sit in front of my PC to play; it'd be great on the train, before bed, etc etc..

Anyways, my point being: :confused:

Hello by the way, first post :)

Edit: The games I have tried for the PSP have been fairly disappointing. All in all, the system just doesn't have that many appealing titles in my opinion. My favorites would be Tales of Eternia, Grand Theft Auto, and Metal Gear Solid. The downloadable PS1 games (through the PS3) also sound interesting, but I have yet to find any official information about them or find them in the PS3 store.

Slothy
05-19-2007, 02:07 PM
The downloadable PS1 games (through the PS3) also sound interesting, but I have yet to find any official information about them or find them in the PS3 store.

What do you mean? They've had several games available in the Playstation Store since about December I believe. If you have a PS3 then just check under the games tab in the Playstation Store.

Croyles
05-19-2007, 05:00 PM
The downloadable PS1 games (through the PS3) also sound interesting, but I have yet to find any official information about them or find them in the PS3 store.

What do you mean? They've had several games available in the Playstation Store since about December I believe. If you have a PS3 then just check under the games tab in the Playstation Store.

Yep theyve been available for ages, and will soon be playable on the PS3 too.
Crash Bandicoot, anyone? :D

Maxico
05-19-2007, 06:47 PM
I was under the impression that they were made playable on the PS3 recently.

Also, you can get custom firmware that allows you to play any PS1 game on the PSP's emulator along with homebrew.

Gyna
05-19-2007, 07:28 PM
Ah? I haven't seen any, checked the games tab and they only had a couple of half assed games for the PS3 on there. Then again, I neither own a PS3 or a PSP so it doesn't matter much to me :)
And yes, the firmware is downgradeable, but to my knowledge only with a specific (old) release of GTA.

No.78
05-21-2007, 07:10 PM
Tekken 5: Dark Ressurection.