PDA

View Full Version : describe yourself...

louby_4eva
05-14-2007, 10:01 PM
Does anybody else find it really difficult to fill in an application form. I want a job over the summer and these questions are tackling my poor brain. Give me an exam on biopsychology anyday but an application form for a job...
What would I enjoy about working in one of the stores?? The discount of course, but I can't write that.
Am I the only person who finds these things so annoying that your brain feels as though it's melting.
On the up side if I do it right I might get a job :D :D :D

Smile and Be happy :love:

Old Manus
05-14-2007, 10:49 PM
You either write dreadfully generic answers about loving to work with people and your only downfall being working too hard, or be dreadfully frank and write honest answers, in the hope of getting the job because you aren't a robot.

Jessweeee♪
05-15-2007, 01:18 AM
Whenever we fill out mock-applications in school, practically the whole thing is blank for me :eep:

DK
05-15-2007, 01:33 AM
I hate doing it, but always manage to do it well. The personal statement I sent to Universities was awesome.

Christmas
05-15-2007, 02:49 AM
Just quote some of Devil Man's post of how he describe itself and put it in your application form and you will get the job real fast and sweet. :bigsmile:

PS: Remember to include the smileys too! :hahaha:

Fonzie
05-15-2007, 02:51 AM
Just quote some of Devil Man's post of how he describe itself and put it in your application form and you will get the job real fast and sweet. :bigsmile:

PS: Remember to include the smileys too! :hahaha:

:twak: GTFO of my thread.

Christmas
05-15-2007, 02:56 AM
WUT

Fonzie
05-15-2007, 03:29 AM
U KNOE WUT

Mitch
05-15-2007, 05:31 AM
The Fonz lays down the cool law once again. kaPOW!

abrojtm
05-15-2007, 07:26 AM
Just tell them what you think they want to hear. If you don't get the job, then you probably didn't think hard enough, or you're too ugly. If you're trying to sell a product and you're ugly, no one will buy it.

Cloudane
05-15-2007, 01:23 PM
I wasn't always great at htose either....

Write what the employer will want to hear. It's ok if it sounds a bit BS/exaggerated (so long as you're not lying) as employers expect that... in fact you have to be careful *not* to say things exactly how they are, as they'll expect you to be exaggerating and saying what they want to hear, adjust their opinion accordingly and thus end up having a lower opinion of you than you deserve.

What would I enjoy about working in one of the stores??

As a sales person?

First of all, if it's professional sales then up the BS factor by 10. That's expected of a pro sales person. (When I got this tech job, I was told it was a good job I didn't apply for the sales position as I didn't BS enough). Don't apply that to a bog standard shop assistant post though, unless you can tell it's a real "hard sell" kind of place.

Say you love dealing with the public (even if you hate it like I do - what I mean with the lying thing is actual facts), that you enjoy the satisfaction gained from conquering a challenge (e.g. winning over a customer to produce a sale), things like that.

Bunny
05-15-2007, 01:34 PM
<s>Awesome</s> SO AWESOME

Larahl
05-15-2007, 01:40 PM
Just tell them what you think they want to hear.

Araciel
05-15-2007, 04:04 PM
applications are designed for people just out of highschool. any job worth having doesn't have application forms. applications should be easy to BS through if you don't really want the job. be honest but use nice language.