PDA

View Full Version : Konami: FFVII Remake Confirmed for PS3!

Stunt
05-14-2007, 11:57 PM
http://img184.imageshack.us/img184/6929/ffviinewsvn6.png
According to a reliable Japanese blogger that works at Konami, a Final Fantasy VII remake for the PlayStation 3 has been confirmed. The translation is really bad, but I can understand that he got the information in a developers meeting.

To confirm his information he gave a picture of his "e-AMUSEMENT Pass" to prove he was there. I guess we can only hope it's true!

Japanese Konami Blogger: Serendipity :: ³×À̹ö ºí·Î±× (http://blog.naver.com/NBlogMain.nhn?blogId=bsssksk&Redirect=Dlog&Qs=/bsssksk/100036949534)

PS3Only Article: PS3 Only - Nieuwe geruchten omtrent Final Fantasy VII remake (Nieuws) (http://www.ps3only.nl/nieuwsitem.php?nid=4207)

Monday 14 May 2007 - according to a lot of people Final Fantasy VII is the best Final Fantasy ever. Since E3 of 2005, where the tech-demo of the game had been shown, there were rumours that have concerned the remake of Final Fantasy VII. However these rumours became always stronger. Recently Square Enix to be possible let more with remakes of old games, occupy itself because there according to their question to is. Moreover 1UP FFVII incorporated already in its releaselijst.
Today a rumour has again added himself to the row, because according to Konami insider, the same as at the pro Evo reported, Final Fantasy VII has been confirmed for the PlayStation 3. Natural it is strange that someone of Konami something like that confirmed, whereas the game of Sqaure Enix is. The best man lets thus in its blog know that he this has learned on developer meeting. The time will learn it our.

N4G Article: N4G.com : Final Fantasy VII Remake Confirmed for PS3? (http://n4g.com/ps3/NewsCom-39606.aspx)

Zeromus_X
05-15-2007, 12:18 AM
It's still rather iffy, since after all, someone from Konami is saying these things. I'm going to still wait and see.

Stunt
05-15-2007, 12:22 AM
I think it's going to pull through. This guy is a very respected Konami member, and for him to say that without it being true would just be retarded and ruin his rep.

Mirage
05-15-2007, 12:50 AM
How do you know he's a very respected Konami employee?

Stunt
05-15-2007, 12:58 AM
Sorry, I meant to say reliable*.

atlanteay
05-15-2007, 02:20 AM
Japanese Konami Blogger: Serendipity :: ³×À̹ö ºí·Î±× (http://blog.naver.com/NBlogMain.nhn?blogId=bsssksk&Redirect=Dlog&Qs=/bsssksk/100036949534)

lol, that blog is in korean.

d£v!l'$ ph0£n!x
05-15-2007, 11:20 AM
huh, i always thought konami was a japanese brand?

until now, i have always been sceptical of a re-release of ff7 on ps3, thinking it absrud tbh. however this has started to sway me a little. i'm not totally convinced as of yet, but personally i hope this is true

NeoCracker
05-15-2007, 12:09 PM
huh, i always thought konami was a japanese brand?

until now, i have always been sceptical of a re-release of ff7 on ps3, thinking it absrud tbh. however this has started to sway me a little. i'm not totally convinced as of yet, but personally i hope this is true

Konami is a Japanese Brand. The fact its a Korean blog, and the guy saying he knows what Square is planning pretty much ensures that this is complete BS. Why would a guy from Konami know what Square is doing, when they haven't said anything yet?

Mirage
05-15-2007, 04:15 PM
How do you know it's reliable, then?

crazybayman
05-15-2007, 04:42 PM

CAUSE THAT DOOD ON THA BLOG PAGE TTLY LOOKS JAPANESE LOL

Hazzard
05-15-2007, 07:14 PM
He looks like an unreliable source. But I think the game's coming, one way or another.

Crossblades
05-15-2007, 07:51 PM
Unless the source is coming straight from Square Enix, I'm not believing it

Goldenboko
05-15-2007, 09:03 PM
Unless the source is coming straight from Square Enix, I'm not believing it
Game, set, and match

Dreddz
05-16-2007, 01:24 AM
If Konami made it that would be so boss. Chances of a FFVII is still very unlikely though.

ixnine
05-16-2007, 01:40 AM
I kind of don't want them to remake VII. We all know they're going to add voices that will ruin it. They may even add bosses and missions that may even mess up the original plot. The only thing to look forward to are the graphics, music and maybe even multiple endings to make up for Vincent and Yuffie.

Aerisfanatic
05-16-2007, 02:12 AM
I kind of don't want them to remake VII. We all know they're going to add voices that will ruin it. They may even add bosses and missions that may even mess up the original plot. The only thing to look forward to are the graphics, music and maybe even multiple endings to make up for Vincent and Yuffie.
I dont know i thought the ac voices were good and maby even for a game... like everyone who has played kingdom hearts wouldnt have a problem with them haveing voices

as for the remake i do think square would eventually remake ff7 since they are already remaking there nes titles but finding out that they are remaking it from a guy who works at konami and not square itself is still kind of shaky and unreliable to most fans

Zechs
05-16-2007, 02:45 AM
I highly doubt that anything to do with FFVII would not be handled by anyone other that Square. It is their baby, why would they allow an entertainment competetor the right to use something that gave them such a foundation? Konami has Metal Gear, and Castlevania. Square has Final Fantasy (Enix with Dragon Quest). This would make as much sense as Square remaking Metal Gear Solid 2.

Stunt
05-17-2007, 12:33 AM

If you read the post above, you'd see what Forever Fantasy posted.

Anyway, he was at some Square meeting or something, and the picture in is blog post is the pass he had to get in.

Wolf Kanno
05-17-2007, 03:56 AM
I'm with Crossblades on this.

But just hold on, an FFVII remake (or at least a port) will come eventually. After all the stuff they've been doing with the first six games it's only a matter of time before they make one. Who knows, maybe they will announce it after the compilation is finished...

Suiko Jin
05-17-2007, 06:59 AM
Sounds all good in theory but until an official source says it, well I won't buy it. Although, I don't see why it wouldn't happen. Just about every FFVII wants it and would most likely buy it.

nik0tine
05-17-2007, 09:16 AM
Part of me wants to just shut my mind off and believe this anyway.

Super Sepiroth
05-17-2007, 10:31 AM
I translated this from Babelfish and its a bit gobeldygook but i think some of it you can understand

"The green onion the board other Ji whom it sells with 7 - PS3 li the May khu with decisive daily invitation 2007/04/30 15:46 http: //blog.naver.com/bsssksk/100036949534 The Saturday nose which passes or American up ning team developer minute plays came to Korea. The second birth where what person oneself is working from the game company it won but to Japan foot flow It meets and and because is not easy so.. Like this it shares a like that talk from the raw rice wine house which is a Government building silk-covered lantern which is in the shoes village Returning home time ttuk it listened to 10001 news "li The May khu" it is in the process of developing last with FF7- Ps3 the tie frame of FF7 10 annual FF7 li May khu compared to army bedspread.. The PS3 len ching time hwel the shoes than it is higher the eastern image which comes out than khwel li the middle of developing Rab ni all with the mote. Announcement the summer plan which will come Others is interesting the news where "PSP shoes version end of this year come into the market" (blue ley this cord & liquid crystal afterimage improvement) su The inside wife currently while developing (this case of what it is knowing almost) Catfish brush 4 from hazard Republic of Iraq dispatch of troops catfish brush team -_- where it gets back; ; ; (Is not dispatch of troops actually and from hazard which feels shot or atmosphere.. it geted back.) Above ning the case where 10 temper heights ladling A.I change it sleeps, make why like that, expression expulsion -_- where it will not know $$ln The FF7 which it draws in the tie frame interest dream which I like most comes out and it is an impression to draw, _ $$ln"

lol

Cloudane
05-17-2007, 01:22 PM
Excellent news, assuming it's true. Just a shame it's for the bloomin' PS3 :p Might end up selling my soul to the devil (Sony) after all.

I felt almost certain that there'd be a remake anyway, Square have been giving FFVII a lot of attention lately and have remade many of the other games so it's only a matter of time.

Wonder if they'll use the stuffed moogle version of Cait Sith, or if this blatant inconsistency is going to appear yet again.

crazybayman
05-17-2007, 02:03 PM
I translated this from Babelfish and its a bit gobeldygook but i think some of it you can understand

"The green onion the board other Ji whom it sells with 7 - PS3 li the May khu with decisive daily invitation 2007/04/30 15:46 http: //blog.naver.com/bsssksk/100036949534 The Saturday nose which passes or American up ning team developer minute plays came to Korea. The second birth where what person oneself is working from the game company it won but to Japan foot flow It meets and and because is not easy so.. Like this it shares a like that talk from the raw rice wine house which is a Government building silk-covered lantern which is in the shoes village Returning home time ttuk it listened to 10001 news "li The May khu" it is in the process of developing last with FF7- Ps3 the tie frame of FF7 10 annual FF7 li May khu compared to army bedspread.. The PS3 len ching time hwel the shoes than it is higher the eastern image which comes out than khwel li the middle of developing Rab ni all with the mote. Announcement the summer plan which will come Others is interesting the news where "PSP shoes version end of this year come into the market" (blue ley this cord & liquid crystal afterimage improvement) su The inside wife currently while developing (this case of what it is knowing almost) Catfish brush 4 from hazard Republic of Iraq dispatch of troops catfish brush team -_- where it gets back; ; ; (Is not dispatch of troops actually and from hazard which feels shot or atmosphere.. it geted back.) Above ning the case where 10 temper heights ladling A.I change it sleeps, make why like that, expression expulsion -_- where it will not know $$ln The FF7 which it draws in the tie frame interest dream which I like most comes out and it is an impression to draw, _ $$ln"

lol

Was this written by someone with down-syndrome?

Dreddz
05-17-2007, 02:09 PM
I cant understand a word of that. I really tried too.

squiike
05-17-2007, 10:16 PM
probably gonna happen if we keep bragging about it :p but its going to suck for sure like all the other things that has come since FF7(8,9,10, vids)

i'd say we need some europeans to infiltrate square and make the games a bit more mature and real...those asian pedofile fantasies with werid clothes; like Aron, yuna or that lulu or something..:mad: not to mention that fake laugh of the FFX main char

:mog:

scrumpleberry
05-17-2007, 10:39 PM
Mooes.

The constant milking of the money cow is starting to make me upset. Can't they just stick to the main series and spinoff series (ie Tactics, CC)? Finish the DS remakes, okay, fair enough, and then just WORK ON NEW GAMES, not revamping old ones. People's brains will start exploding from FF overload.

NeoCracker
05-18-2007, 11:38 AM
Mooes.

The constant milking of the money cow is starting to make me upset. Can't they just stick to the main series and spinoff series (ie Tactics, CC)? Finish the DS remakes, okay, fair enough, and then just WORK ON NEW GAMES, not revamping old ones. People's brains will start exploding from FF overload.

But that would require innovation and originally. Can't have that, now can we?

scrumpleberry
05-18-2007, 05:38 PM
But that would require innovation and originally. Can't have that, now can we?

Oh god no. Never. That would be ridiculous.

G3ORGE
05-18-2007, 10:05 PM
B@LL$ why oh why! did i have to get a 360! :(

James Latimer Cockney Rebel
05-19-2007, 03:01 AM
wtf, getting me hard excited half not sure if I even want to see the damn game exist.

probably not true though considering the Square-Enix party didn't mention anything of it. I want another Chrono game more than anything argh :mad2:

Cloudane
05-19-2007, 01:20 PM
There's a thought.... I'd love to see a Chrono Trigger remake :p

10-Breaker
05-20-2007, 11:50 AM
I really want FF7 remake 'cause my FF7 for PS stopped working and I wasn't able to beat the game.
They said they're going to do that remake, but then I heard that they didn't want to make it afterall, so that they had stopped the project.
So I really hope this is true.

darksword12
05-21-2007, 03:24 AM
I'd say something here, but everyone else has said it already.

FF is made by Square Enix. Not Konami.

Stunt
05-22-2007, 02:28 AM

lol

eturning home time ttuk it listened to 10001 news "li The May khu" it is in the process of developing last with FF7- Ps3 the tie frame of FF7 10 annual FF7 li May khu compared to army bedspread..

Looks like it says that they are in the process of developing the last Final Fantasy VII game, which would be the remake on the PlayStation 3 for the 10th Annual Final Fantasy VII anniversary.

Super Sepiroth
05-22-2007, 11:35 AM
all i wanted to do by posting the translation was to show that you can't always trust what people say it translated as, so you have to do it yourselfIts not as hard to understand as it looks, just find a few words and you can guess the rest of the sentence "Ps3 the tie frame of FF7 10th annual ff " Means they want it to fit in witht he timeframe of the 10th anniversary of the game, so i guess that means the translations both mean the same (even if mine is gobeldygook) but still, we have to question the konami dude's credibility.I am all for a remake cos i have a PS3, I just don't want to get really excited and find out its not happening lolSeems as though Stunt has the right understanding of it lol good on you!