PDA

View Full Version : So About The FFIV Voice Acting...

Evastio
05-15-2007, 12:02 AM
What kind of voices do you think each of the major characters will have? Do you also think that some of the characters will have accents?

Cecil - somewhat deep medium loud determined voice
Kain - somewhat deep dark voice
Rosa - soft quiet voice
Cid - grumbly loud deep peppy voice
Rydia - high-pitched peppy voice
Edward - soft medium deep voice
Yang - Japanese Accented Deep Voice
Goldbez - really deep loud evil voice
Palom - quite high pitched peppy voice
Porom - English Accented high-pitched voice
Edge - Somewhat of a Cowboy Accented Loud Voice
FuSoYa - Deep old voice
Zemus/Zeromus - Evil Loud Voice

I know some of the words I used to describe the voices are kind of weird but they're the only words I could think of.

Zeromus_X
05-15-2007, 12:12 AM
I guess I can imagine the characters as their respective 'stereotypical Japanese anime voice' well enough. I hope some other people at least know what I'm talking about.

That being said, I don't think I could pick out definite voice actors for each of the characters.

Tempest
05-15-2007, 01:02 AM
All I care about is if Kain's will be awesome. If it sucks...:mad2:

Bunny
05-15-2007, 01:18 PM
Sean Connery should voice Tellah. Hearing him yell "You spoony bard!" or whatever the line is would be amazing.

Orophin
05-15-2007, 05:06 PM
Ok, where the hell did you guys see that it will have voice acting? The only thing that will have voices is the music "Theme of Love" and they are searching for a girl older than 18 years old to do it.

Fynn
05-15-2007, 06:25 PM
That's the question I was about to ask... Did III have voices? If not, why should IV have?

Elpizo
05-15-2007, 06:54 PM
RPGFan News - First FFIV Remake Details Revealed (http://www.rpgfan.com/news/2007/1157.html)

At the first day of the Square Enix Party 2007, new details regarding the DS remake of Final Fantasy IV were revealed. As previously reported, the development team behind this remake is almost identical to the group that worked on last year's highly popular remake of Final Fantasy III. Development responsibilities are handled by Matrix (a Tokyo-based development studio whose previous track record includes Torneko's Adventure 1 and 2, Dual Hearts, the PlayStation 2 remake of Dragon Quest V: Tenkuu no Hanayome, and the DS version of Final Fantasy III). Instead of Hiromichi Tanaka, Takashi Tokita will now serve as the project's executive producer, but Asano Tomiya will return as producer. Final Fantasy series veteran and ATB mastermind Hiroyuki Itou will supervise the implementation of the battle system. In addition to new character designs, 3D graphics, and improved event scenes, the remake apparently will also feature voice acting.
Final Fantasy IV for DS has yet to receive an official release date.

Because at the SE party SE said FF IV DS will feature voice acting, but they didn't say if they meant the Theme of Love song (they search somebody older than 18 to do it, BTW) or the complete dielogue.

And yeah, FF III didn't have dialogue. So? FF CC RoF has.

Crossblades
05-15-2007, 07:55 PM
That's the question I was about to ask... Did III have voices? If not, why should IV have?

Read here >_>

http://forums.eyesonff.com/final-fantasy-iv/104942-let-rumor-se-just-let-rumor-2.html

Hazzard
05-15-2007, 08:21 PM
I think it's great.

Fynn
05-15-2007, 09:50 PM
Well, whatever - voice acting would be neat! Let's hope it's true...

scrumpleberry
05-15-2007, 10:25 PM

OH GOD PLEASE NO. Rydia is my fave chara, she is awesome! Don't give her a hyper ff girl voice!!!

Sean Connery for Tellah. SEAN 4 TELLAH! SEAN 4 TELLAH!!!

Fynn
05-15-2007, 10:36 PM

OH GOD PLEASE NO. Rydia is my fave chara, she is awesome! Don't give her a hyper ff girl voice!!!

Rydia can be hyper as a child but then she needs to mature... We need someone like Yuna - but in reverse.

Evastio
05-15-2007, 11:02 PM

I didn't mean peppy as in hyper. I meant more of an optimistic determined kind of peppy. Kind of like Cid except without the old man voice.

Dragonface
05-16-2007, 03:29 AM

I didn't mean peppy as in hyper. I meant more of an optimistic determined kind of peppy. Kind of like Cid except without the old man voice.

Squares going to need TWO VOICE ACTORESS for Rydia (One for the kid version, the other for the older version).

Takara
05-16-2007, 03:56 AM
I say peppy and cute for young Rydia, and dangerously sexy for adult Rydia. :p

Fynn
05-16-2007, 07:24 AM
Tara Strong could do that...

scrumpleberry
05-16-2007, 06:07 PM
Whew. For a moment I saw a Rydia Rikku hybrid...it was like going into madness and coming out the other side...

Wolf Kanno
05-16-2007, 07:53 PM

Rydia can be hyper as a child but then she needs to mature... We need someone like Yuna - but in reverse.

Rydia needs a precotious voice as a child and a calm and soothing low key voice as an adult. She's one of the more reserved characters and trying to get a VA to bring out her more "active" personality would probably kill the character.

Also, Yuna has terrible VA way too monotone. It's like what listening to a brick wall would theoretically sound like.:rolleyes2

Fynn
05-16-2007, 09:28 PM

Rydia needs a precotious voice as a child and a calm and soothing low key voice as an adult. She's one of the more reserved characters and trying to get a VA to bring out her more "active" personality would probably kill the character.

Also, Yuna has terrible VA way too monotone. It's like what listening to a brick wall would theoretically sound like.:rolleyes2

I liked Yuna's voice and how different it is in both parts... But it's all a matter of opinion and it's not OK to argue about tastes...
However, I think one actress could cope with it. Some people really have nice voice talents (JAT sounds completely different as Tidus, Shuyin and Jack Sparrow - amazing)...

Black Mage
05-17-2007, 04:31 PM
This thread ended on post number four.

Clearly the greatest idea since the creation of Tellah.

Zora
05-18-2007, 01:23 AM
Whoever played Vincent in Advent Children fits Kain's character very well, but perhaps he isn't a good choice overall...

Bolivar
05-25-2007, 05:48 AM
I hope they have that talking-through-the-helmet effect they had for the voices of the judges in XII, it was a nice touch, I'd like to see it with Golbez.

Takara
05-25-2007, 06:26 PM
I hope they have that talking-through-the-helmet effect they had for the voices of the judges in XII, it was a nice touch, I'd like to see it with Golbez.

Agreed. That was neat. It could have been used for Dark Knight Cecil too if his helmet was covering his face.

feioncastor
05-28-2007, 02:19 AM
Sean Connery should voice Tellah. Hearing him yell "You spoony bard!" or whatever the line is would be amazing.

Rather, Darrell Hammond should voice Tellah, using his Connery impression.

And they should get a girl to voice Cecil. Just to mix things up. You know, like they did in FFX with Tidus.

EDIT- Isaac Hayes should voice Dark Knight Cecil, and Wallace Shawn should voice Paladin Cecil. Right?

Bolivar
05-28-2007, 05:40 AM

Agreed. That was neat. It could have been used for Dark Knight Cecil too if his helmet was covering his face.

I kind of wish it did for that reason. In the GBA dialogue pictures, his helmet covers his face, in most of the artwork too. But not in the in-game screenshots we've seen so far for the DS remake.

Come to think of it, I think the voice for Gabranth would be pretty cool for Cecil.

Big D
06-01-2007, 02:09 AM
My ideas, inspired in part by Evastio's list and various other fantastic suggestions in the thread...

Cecil (dark knight) - David Hayter
Kain - Tidus or Raiden
Rosa - Liv Tyler (in 'soft and whiny' mode)
Cid - Strong Bad
Edward - Rick Moranis or Eric Idle
Yang - George Takei
Golbez - Judge Bergan from FFXII
Edge - Vanilla Ice
FuSoYa - Sir Ian McKellan
Zemus/Zeromus - Christopher Lee (for contrast)
Tellah - Barry Humphires, aka Dame Edna Everage

Evastio
06-01-2007, 02:50 AM
I'm kind of thinking Dark Knight Cecil and Paladin Cecil's voices should be done by the same person but Dark Knight Cecil should have his voice changed a bit so it sounds evil.

atlanteay
06-01-2007, 09:14 PM
Cecil's and Rosa's voices are already revealed in the trailer. Rosa's voice was really thin and lady-like while Cecil's is really calm and thin, a young guy's.

Fynn
06-01-2007, 09:46 PM
Yeah, they're nice. Wonder if there will actually be voice acting in the game... I sure hope so...

KasaiDraco
07-05-2007, 01:50 AM
JAT should do Rydia. She's good at doing high-pitched hyper girl voices.

Vermachtnis
07-05-2007, 03:13 AM
Here's what I think about the final team

Cecil - Johnny Young Bosch
Kain - Crispon Freeman
Rydia - Sandy Fox
Rosa - Stephine Sheh
Edge - Yuri Lowenthal

Evastio
07-06-2007, 02:25 AM
Cecil's and Rosa's voices are already revealed in the trailer. Rosa's voice was really thin and lady-like while Cecil's is really calm and thin, a young guy's.
The English voices for Cecil and Rosa hasn't been revealed yet.

Marluxiaswife
07-10-2007, 05:26 AM
What kind of voices do you think each of the major characters will have? Do you also think that some of the characters will have accents?

Cecil - somewhat deep medium loud determined voice
Kain - somewhat deep dark voice
Rosa - soft quiet voice
Cid - grumbly loud deep peppy voice
Edward - soft medium deep voice
Yang - Japanese Accented Deep Voice
Goldbez - really deep loud evil voice
Edge - Somewhat of a Cowboy Accented Loud Voice
FuSoYa - Deep old voice
Zemus/Zeromus - Evil Loud Voice

I know some of the words I used to describe the voices are kind of weird but they're the only words I could think of.

I had some what the same idea on the characters voices like you had. I really want to hear Cecil,Rosa,Kain and Golbez voice so badly and Where's Tellah on your list?...Uncle Golbeze! LOL

Neriek
08-20-2007, 10:00 PM
Since they are twins who are togeather most of the time, shouldn't they have similar accents? And, there is more than one accent here in England. ¬_¬

Radje
08-27-2007, 12:19 AM
I'm massively in favour of Kain being Scottish. It's just really hard to have someone with a Scottish accent without them uttering Scottish words and phrases and I can hardly see Kain going "Aye pal, ye'll be deed within the minute." Or something equally as sinister during battle.

Ocht.

tidus_rox
09-03-2007, 02:18 AM
I have yet to pla this game. Final Fantasy III was great so if Final Fantasy IV is the same, mixed with voice acting it will be the best game ever!!!

Kenshin IV
09-14-2007, 08:35 AM
Play Ten, or watch Advent Children dubbed, and you'll have a pretty good idea of what the voices will be. Heck, watch any dubbed anime for that matter. I can pretty much guarantee you a Steve Blum and/or Chrispin Freeman siting, using the same voices they use in every single thing they've been cast in before. Mmm, yay for variety.

Heath
09-16-2007, 12:05 PM

Only if "you're the man now, dog!" can also be thrown in there.

When someone says 'English accent' I just assume they mean received pronunciation or just something relatively upper class sounding. I can see Cecil with a Somerset accent.