PDA

View Full Version : (idea) REMAKES! REMAKES! GLORIOUS, GLORIOUS REMAKES!!!

Mercen-X
05-15-2007, 05:47 PM
All right, there's a definite tear between fans over remakes of Final Fantasy (particularly VII and X/XII).

However, it's mostly a concern of whether or not Squee should waste it's time and money on a game it already made as opposed to making a brand new title.
So, what if Squee imparted the rights to other game companies. Sega, Konami, Capcom, SNK, whatever. What if Squee continued making its own brand new games while other companies lent a hand with remakes?

Goldenboko
05-15-2007, 08:59 PM
I doubt Sega, Konami, Capcom, or SNK would want to remake a game for Square unless they got more of the profit, which Square would never allow.

Laddy
05-15-2007, 09:36 PM
Squenix? Nah, not a chance. Squenix is probably the artsy child hated by all in the family of Japanese gaming coroprations anyway.

Larahl
05-15-2007, 09:49 PM
As Goldenboko said, unless they got more of the profit, which Square Enix would never allow, they won't make any remakes.
Besides, why they need to stop making remakes and share the profit when they can make them, and get the same amount of profit when releasing a new game?

If people won't buy them, they'll stop making them.

Hazzard
05-15-2007, 10:25 PM
It's an obvious fact that people will buy the remakes, either out of curiosity or just being a traditional supporter of Final Fantasy.

Renmiri
05-15-2007, 11:38 PM
please remake X2!!!

ljkkjlcm9
05-16-2007, 12:37 AM
Uhm... why would they remake games like X and X-2?

At this point, they'll be remaking IV(announced) V and VI. After that, and maybe after a generation or so, they'll remake VII, VIII, IX.

Square has proven it's just a matter of time before they remake a game.

It's also another reason not to expect any of these games on the Nintendo Virtual Console, because they can sell them for 30-40 bucks a pop.

THE JACKEL

Zechs
05-16-2007, 02:52 AM
There is already a company that has been assisting with remakes. They were responcible for FFVI, V and IV. I forgot who they were, but it was a large article in an EGM. Though I don't like the idea of another company assisting with such games.

Rase
05-16-2007, 03:53 AM
There is already a company that has been assisting with remakes. They were responcible for FFVI, V and IV. I forgot who they were, but it was a large article in an EGM. Though I don't like the idea of another company assisting with such games.
That would be TOSE (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TOSE).

Zechs
05-16-2007, 06:25 AM
Yes. I knew it was something close to that. They are not very big, and hardly receive credit for their projects. But I suppose doing ports is a good way to get into the biz.

Slothy
05-16-2007, 03:31 PM
Though I don't like the idea of another company assisting with such games.

It makes perfect business sense to me though. Ports like FFIV-VI Advance can be done quickly and relatively cheaply, so why divert internal resources better left handling major projects when you can farm out the smaller stuff to developers who specialize in that sort of thing? The part that Square needs to be involved in, the actual design of the game, was done years ago; no need for them to tackle the ports themselves.

Christmas
05-16-2007, 04:13 PM
please remake X2!!!

Zechs
05-17-2007, 06:31 AM
It makes perfect business sense to me though. Ports like FFIV-VI Advance can be done quickly and relatively cheaply, so why divert internal resources better left handling major projects when you can farm out the smaller stuff to developers who specialize in that sort of thing? The part that Square needs to be involved in, the actual design of the game, was done years ago; no need for them to tackle the ports themselves.

Yes, I understand what you mean. And yes, it does make sense. But thats not what I mean. I talking about remakes, not ports. How could another company offer the same theme, or emothion, or whatever that the original gave into the game? It could lose sentiment. Especially since not every company has the same knowledge in the feild being worked on. I wasn't meaning ports.

Slothy
05-17-2007, 02:04 PM
Ok, I wasn't clear on what you meant I guess, and that I do agree with to an extent. I'm not sure I can completely agree since I've been told the FFIII remake was quite good (though I haven't played it myself, I will probably get the forthcoming FFIV remake). There certainly is that potential for a remake to lose something by not having the original people involved, but by the same token, I don't think I'd want to see Square themselves handle anything pre-FFVI. I'd probably be ok with anything after those games since some of the guys involved with the games going that far back are pretty much running the show around there now, but anything that doesn't involve some of the original team members would have me worried.

The black mage
05-17-2007, 03:08 PM
They probaly had a few of the original staff pop in for help and advice during devolpment. so they wouln't have to worrie about that. They also would have had a meating with the other complany to make sure that the port would work, and in the FF5/6 remakes it worked well. the ff4 reamake was good but not as good as the other two.

Bolivar
05-17-2007, 09:19 PM
They kind of do what you're talking about right now.

Square Enix is such a large company that they have people lying around waiting to do something.

And while these no-name guys are remaking the classics, Kitase, Nomura & all them have been devoting their energy to a new game. XIII has been several years in the making now, the reason why most of what we've seen released is remakes is because it's such a large project.

I think IIIDS was done by the Ivalice team, they did a really good job on that. There's alot of things coming out right now for FF, and I'm excited about all of them (though I doubt i'll be buying that many games).

Jessweeee♪
05-18-2007, 06:29 PM
I think it's a little soon to be remaking FFX, don't you think? I'd buy a FFX-3. If they didn't do a repeat of the sidequest thing. That just ruined the whole plot.