PDA

View Full Version : adults wright or wrong?

han_keep_smilin
05-15-2007, 07:54 PM
adults always say that people my age and around it (im 14) cant be in love. we are too young and we dont understand things like that. just because we are young doesnt mean we dont have feelings.

do you agree that we cant be in love an stuff like that or do you think we are to young to have feelings like that??

Mirage
05-15-2007, 08:23 PM
Are the answers you get here going to change your opinion in any way?

demondude
05-15-2007, 08:24 PM
dont worry im 14 as well and its .................................................................................................... .................................................................................................... .........GREAT YYAY FOR PUBERTY

Roto13
05-15-2007, 08:26 PM
I think it's possible, but it's also a lot more likely for 14-year-olds to think they're in love when they're really... not.

Bunny
05-15-2007, 08:26 PM
I believe that the definition and meaning of love grows and changes as a person gets older. It may be entirely possible for a 14-year-old to be in love, nobody can actually tell you with any certainty what you are feeling. That is up for you to discern. However, I think that as you grow older and begin to develop more into your own person, your idea of love will grow immensely and what you felt as a 14-year-old will not be seen exactly as "love" but something different.

han_keep_smilin
05-15-2007, 08:27 PM
Are the answers you get here going to change your opinion in any way?

no i was just wonderin wat people thought...

bipper
05-15-2007, 08:28 PM
I think a 'kid' can be in love, but I do not think they can ever make it work, nor control whatever urges they have long enough to know it is love and not lust. I also do not think that a 'kid' can properly make love work.

James Leopold
05-15-2007, 09:17 PM
When I was 14 (a year ago) I always thought that if I ever got into a relationship, I wouldn't be strong enough to make it work, or I wouldn't be good enough, or I wouldn't be able to protect my girlfriend. That sort of thing always haunted me so I never got into anything.
I'm now going on to college and only now do I think I could make it work. Maybe because I haen't got school holding me back and I can be myself more.
The thing is I wouldn't hold my opinion to much, I've never been in a proper relatonship. I suppose my reputation in school as a clown put girls off me. Don't get me wrong I hve plenty of girl friends, but none have acually ever been interested in me (to what I know)
Anyway what I'm trying to get at is that, with teenagers raging hormones, it might be that which is telling them to get a boyfriend/girlfriend, a sort of lust. Teenagers have never experienced this feeling before, so they want to try it out. The thing is most haven't matured yet so they most likely would never have anything serious. A few kisses, holding of hands, but actual love? I doubt it. Speaking as a teenager, I know how stressful this can be, and how desperate you can be for a partner. But that is mostly out of lust, not love for a particular person. Unless you have really strong feelings of course, there are always exceptions

Zeldy
05-15-2007, 09:19 PM
Its threads like these that make me feel ashamed of my age.

I.. I am 14 too :(

Shiny
05-15-2007, 09:25 PM
I doubt anyone under the age of 25 knows what romantic love is. All they seem to know is lust.

Dreddz
05-15-2007, 09:29 PM
Their wrong for saying so, but could be right anyway. How I see it, an adult can never say they know something solely because there older.

Miriel
05-15-2007, 09:42 PM
I believe that the definition and meaning of love grows and changes as a person gets older. It may be entirely possible for a 14-year-old to be in love, nobody can actually tell you with any certainty what you are feeling. That is up for you to discern. However, I think that as you grow older and begin to develop more into your own person, your idea of love will grow immensely and what you felt as a 14-year-old will not be seen exactly as "love" but something different.
YES.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

stalpho slayer
05-15-2007, 10:04 PM
bull :skull::skull::skull::skull: i'm thirteen and i love a person just becase peaple are young does'nt know when there in love fcking agism bastards that sh1t pisses me off:mad2: :mad: :mad2: :mad: :mad2: :mad: :mad2: :mad: :mad2: :mad:

oddler
05-15-2007, 10:15 PM
bull :skull::skull::skull::skull: i'm thirteen and i love a person just becase peaple are young does'nt know when there in love fcking agism bastards that sh1t pisses me off:mad2: :mad: :mad2: :mad: :mad2: :mad: :mad2: :mad: :mad2: :mad:

YES.

Yamaneko
05-15-2007, 10:17 PM
I'm pretty sure anyone could have said it better.

oddler
05-15-2007, 10:19 PM
*throws gauntlet

Jess
05-15-2007, 10:24 PM
I think it's possible, but it's also a lot more likely for 14-year-olds to think they're in love when they're really... not.
I'm with Roto on this. However you still get people who are older than 14 who think they're in love and actually aren't.

I also think that as a person your own definiton of what love actually develops and changes as you get older. For example, what you might see as love now may not compare to how you feel for somebody else once you get older.

Fonzie
05-15-2007, 10:28 PM

I'm taking away your smilie privilege. :twak:

Psychotic
05-15-2007, 10:45 PM
Its threads like these that make me feel ashamed of my age.

I.. I am 14 too :( YES.

theundeadhero
05-15-2007, 11:00 PM
I don't think adults are capable of loving anyone in that age group.

ixnine
05-16-2007, 01:06 AM
But adults are right, for the wrong reasons. While children are wrong, for the right reasons... Let's also pretend I didn't get that from South Park.

Yamaneko
05-16-2007, 01:14 AM
I don't think adults are capable of loving anyone in that age group.
Don't set people up like that, man.

yanis
05-16-2007, 01:17 AM
I'm sure when I wasn't even going to school I liked someone, maybe I didn't know much about love, but I had some feelings for that person...

I doubt anyone under the age of 25 knows what romantic love is. All they seem to know is lust.
...and when I'll be 25 at the end of this year, ask me again...;)

Levian
05-16-2007, 01:28 AM
Not only are adults wrong, they are also:

1. smelly
2. old

Anaisa
05-16-2007, 01:35 AM
I don't think being in love has anything to do with your age, but rather your species. Species that have multiple partners are only interested in each other for sex. But humans like to pretend that they're not like the other species that have multiple partners, an they like to delude themselves they have morals. So they think they're in love, an then when they get bored of that partner, they pretend they've fallen out of love, an go an have sex with someone else. Oh how romantic! So unless you're an exception to those rules, you don't really know what romantic love is.

oddler
05-16-2007, 02:02 AM
Not only are adults wrong, they are also:

1. smelly
2. old

These are relative terms, i.e. your relatives are smelly and old. :choc2:

I don't think being in love has anything to do with your age, but rather your species. Species that have multiple partners are only interested in each other for sex. But humans like to pretend that they're not like the other species that have multiple partners, an they like to delude themselves they have morals. So they think they're in love, an then when they get bored of that partner, they pretend they've fallen out of love, an go an have sex with someone else. Oh how romantic! So unless you're an exception to those rules, you don't really know what romantic love is.

If Barry White were still alive, your words would have killed him. :cry:

Bunny
05-16-2007, 02:08 AM

Nothing lasts forever. Not all things are written in stone. It is entirely, and incredibly likely, for any individual to fall in and out of love with any number of people or even more than one person at a time.

Anaisa
05-16-2007, 02:30 AM

If Barry White were still alive, your words would have killed him. :cry::lol:

Nothing lasts forever. Not all things are written in stone. It is entirely, and incredibly likely, for any individual to fall in and out of love with any number of people or even more than one person at a time.Obviously I disagree, an I've already explained why. An until you know that forever exists, you can't know that nothing lasts forever.

Shlup
05-16-2007, 02:37 AM
Fourteen-year-olds can be in teenager love. This is very different than adult love. You will realize this when you are an adult. You can't realize it now because, duh, you are an adult.

But feel free to continue to make an ass of yourself by professing that love at your age is comparable to a full mature love. It's what teenagers are good at, after all.

MecaKane
05-16-2007, 02:50 AM

Sorry your boyfriend dumped you.

As a general rule 14 year olds don't know :skull::skull::skull::skull: about :skull::skull::skull::skull:. I sure didn't.

Griff
05-16-2007, 02:59 AM
Age is not a factor in being in love. However, one should be intelligent enough to know the difference between love and lust. On a web forum the easiest way to determine the intelligence of a person is to examine their spelling and ability to form a proper sentence. The inability to spell the word "right" correctly in places such as a thread title, or any post that looks remotely like this,

will make one wonder if the poster is intelligent enough to know the difference between love and lust.

Goldenboko
05-16-2007, 03:09 AM
There is a certain experience factor with love.

The best examples I can think of is actually an example from my friends one said...

"Once I had this moment of realization. I thought a really liked certain girls, but, I knew I didn't care about them... Eventually I finally figured out I liked their bodies and nothing else."

And other said...
"I didn't even know why I went out with him, it took me so long to realize I just wanted to feel I had someone."

Both is spots where young kids (thirteen, fourteen your still a kid), misinterpreted different things as love.

Discord
05-16-2007, 03:12 AM
I think you might want to try this thread again in EoEE.

http://wendy.seltzer.org/photos/moose.jpg

Ashley Schovitz
05-16-2007, 03:13 AM
I think a 'kid' can be in love, but I do not think they can ever make it work, nor control whatever urges they have long enough to know it is love and not lust. I also do not think that a 'kid' can properly make love work.

kids can't love period because baby goats haven't even hit puberty.

Fonzie
05-16-2007, 03:16 AM

kids can't love period because baby goats haven't even hit their puberty.

http://img513.imageshack.us/img513/4656/46323302hm1.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

Anaisa
05-16-2007, 03:17 AM

Sorry your boyfriend dumped you.

As a general rule 14 year olds don't know :skull::skull::skull::skull: about :skull::skull::skull::skull:. I sure didn't.By the looks of things you still don't. I haven't been dumped by a boyfreind. No prizes for you.

Christmas
05-16-2007, 03:20 AM
WTF ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT? LOOK AT SORA (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sora_(Kingdom_Hearts)), HE IS 14 AND HE ALREADY SAVED THE WORLD OR WORLDS TWO TIMES! A 14 YEAR OLD CAN ACHIEVE SO MUCH YA KNOW, SO YOU SHOULD JUST GO OUT THERE AND USE YOUR KEYBLADE TO HACK THOSE THAT DUN AGREE WITH YOU!

Fonzie
05-16-2007, 03:22 AM
WTF ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT? LOOK AT SORA, HE IS 14 AND HE ALREADY SAVED THE WORLD OR WORLDS TWO TIMES! A 14 YEAR OLD CAN ACHIEVE SO MUCH YA KNOW, SO YOU SHOULD JUST GO OUT THERE AND USE YOUR KEYBLADE TO HACK THOSE THAT DUN AGREE WITH YOU!

kids can't love period because baby goats haven't even hit their puberty.

http://img513.imageshack.us/img513/4656/46323302hm1.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

Shlup
05-16-2007, 03:40 AM
WTF ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT? LOOK AT SORA (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sora_(Kingdom_Hearts)), HE IS 14 AND HE ALREADY SAVED THE WORLD OR WORLDS TWO TIMES! A 14 YEAR OLD CAN ACHIEVE SO MUCH YA KNOW, SO YOU SHOULD JUST GO OUT THERE AND USE YOUR KEYBLADE TO HACK THOSE THAT DUN AGREE WITH YOU!

This is the only post you've ever made that makes any sense.

Agent Proto
05-16-2007, 05:04 AM
I'm agreeing with Shlup here...

W8, w0t are we talking about? :D?

I thought this thread was about Phoenix Wright. Once you learn to spell, we can discuss about love.

Dr. Acula
05-16-2007, 06:08 AM
I think I'm in love right now, but I can't be too sure because I don't know that much about love. But I don't really think fourteen is too young to love. You can't really control who you fall in love with.

Shlup
05-16-2007, 06:11 AM
When you are in love, you will know. Not that that unsure love doesn't have the potential to grow into for realies love.

Bunny
05-16-2007, 12:11 PM
I'm agreeing with Shlup here...

W8, w0t are we talking about? :D?

I thought this thread was about Phoenix Wright. Once you learn to spell, we can discuss about love.

OBJECTION!?

Old Manus
05-16-2007, 08:18 PM
Bunny wins

han_keep_smilin
05-17-2007, 06:51 PM
When you are in love, you will know. Not that that unsure love doesn't have the potential to grow into for realies love.

everyone says that... its probably right but at the moment i cant see how you can tell...

adults think theyre always right:mad: they probably are lol but we like to argue they arent right :D

theundeadhero
05-17-2007, 07:35 PM
Fourteen is what, eigth grade? All I remember about girls at that age is that I wanted to look at their boobies. Hardly old enough for love.

stalpho slayer
05-17-2007, 11:14 PM
Age is not a factor in being in love. However, one should be intelligent enough to know the difference between love and lust. On a web forum the easiest way to determine the intelligence of a person is to examine their spelling and ability to form a proper sentence. The inability to spell the word "right" correctly in places such as a thread title, or any post that looks remotely like this,

will make one wonder if the poster is intelligent enough to know the difference between love and lust.

wanna test that? i'll kick yo but sucka :mad: *punches stomach*

Old Manus
05-17-2007, 11:19 PM
I'd watch out for this guy, folks. He looks hard as nails.

kikimm
05-18-2007, 12:37 AM
Fourteen-year-olds can be in teenager love. This is very different than adult love. You will realize this when you are an adult. You can't realize it now because, duh, you are an adult.

But feel free to continue to make an ass of yourself by professing that love at your age is comparable to a full mature love. It's what teenagers are good at, after all.

I agree with this. I want to be more cynical about it, but this is it. Yep.

black orb
05-18-2007, 05:00 PM
>>> 14 year olds are loving machines..

theundeadhero
05-18-2007, 09:26 PM
Luv Machines (http://forums.eyesonff.com/members/luv%2Bmachine%2B%253A%253C3%253A.html)

Peegee
05-19-2007, 02:07 AM
Adults are pretty conceited if they think their love is the only love that can be expressed.

Of course you can love.

sockmonkey
05-21-2007, 04:20 PM
Bunny pretty much pegged it with her first post.

I do need to point out a few things though.

A: Sometimes adults try to downplay the feelings and experiences of those younger than themselves to distance themselves from they pain they felt when they went through it.
Also, They want to feel like they have gained wisdom and maturity when often they are just older children who know a little more than they used to.

B: Teens don't purposely exaggerate the depth of their feelings. For most of them they consider it profound because it's the most they have experienced *so far*.
So while it may not in fact be a huge thing, it's the biggest thing they have ever experienced and they act accordingly.
It's a matter of perspective.
Additionally, teen experiences can affect a person for the rest of their life so in that sense it really *is* a big deal.

C: One shouldn't dismiss teen feelings simply because they come from a teen and teens shouldn't automatically assume an adult is being condescending.

Sadly, there are a lot of idiots of all ages out there so be careful in who you both give and take advice from.

Laddy
05-21-2007, 04:32 PM
You are "In Love" after a year or so, so, considering you are fourteen, I do not think you are actually "In Love" yet.

stalpho slayer
09-04-2007, 11:58 PM
maybe we dont know whether we do or not but im just tired of it man young peaple date beacause they feel safe that way they like to have some one that and adult dont get good humor
YouTube - Eminem Outro (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=577voFvHsb0&mode=related&search)=
you are now free to lol

kikimm
09-05-2007, 12:00 AM
Don't revive dead threads please. =)