PDA

View Full Version : Managing my iPod

Roto13
05-15-2007, 10:23 PM
My mom bought me an iPod as an early birthday/going away present. I know from managing my brother's iPod that I don't like iTunes, so I'd like an alternative program for it. Suggestions?

Baloki
05-15-2007, 10:25 PM
so I'd like an alternative program for it

*dies laughing*, sureeee there is...

Roto13
05-15-2007, 10:53 PM
I find it hard to believe that nobody has come up with some kind of freeware for managing iPods. :P

Dreddz
05-15-2007, 11:23 PM
Whats the problem anyway. iTunes is fine.

Baloki
05-15-2007, 11:33 PM
I find it hard to believe that nobody has come up with some kind of freeware for managing iPods. :P

It's because Apple's DRM is closed source and they get very angry at people bypassing it or making compatible programs, as Realmedia found out, but in truth they've deserved a good arse kicking cos Realplayer sucks :(

Roto13
05-16-2007, 02:45 AM
Realplayer DOES suck. Stupid Apple. Stupid.

rubah
05-16-2007, 03:06 AM
I like iTunes :(

MecaKane
05-16-2007, 03:47 AM
DRM with iTunes? You people actually buy crap from them?

Anyway, media monkey MediaMonkey Free MP3 Jukebox Player, Music Library Organizer (http://www.mediamonkey.com) it sounds silly but it's good! Integrates with Winamp, too! Playlists are a bit screwy, though. :X

Edit: "MediaMonkey Free MP3 Jukebox Player, Music Library Organizer" I didn't write that, I just put in the url and silly eoff did it. ;(

Roto13
05-16-2007, 04:14 AM
Thank you! That's what I wanna hear. I'll give it a try.

*poo poos baloki*

Endless
05-16-2007, 07:00 AM
Or you can check <a href="http://www.yamipod.com/main/modules/home/">YamiPod</a>, or <a href="http://www.redchairsoftware.com/anapod/">Anapod</a>.

Baloki
05-16-2007, 10:25 AM
Thank you! That's what I wanna hear. I'll give it a try.

*poo poos baloki*

Just give up and buy Linux :P

Roto13
05-16-2007, 02:07 PM
Windows only doesn't work if you make stupid mistakes. :P

I'll check out those other two programs when I get the chance. (I have to leave in an hour so I don't have time to do much right now. Thanks.)

rubah
05-16-2007, 05:43 PM
Kane, I bought things from iTunes when I had two gift cards to there. The first thing I did with the files was convert them to an unprotected format.

MecaKane
05-17-2007, 09:34 PM
Well then you don't have to worry about realplayer itunes or whatever the crap baloki was talking about not working!

I had Yamipod when I first got it, but half the files I put on it wouldn't play. I think because it didn't rename them to ASDF.mp3 or whatever itunes does and the filenames were too long, I think that because the same thing happened in mm but I just had to check "trim filenames to 31 characters" blah blah to fix it!

Discord
05-18-2007, 12:08 AM
iTunes is one of the biggest troublemakers I've ever laid my eyes on. So far I've seen it kill sound-drivers, format C drives and, my all time favourite, kill the taskbar! Arg... the first two were easy to fix, but the later only returned after a full Windows reinstall.

Rather smash the PC out the window and jump after it than install that junk.

rubah
05-18-2007, 02:23 AM
Um. I don't think iTunes is your problem, frankly.

Discord
05-18-2007, 10:52 AM
Um. I don't think iTunes is your problem, frankly.

Uhmm... it's not really my problem, but that of the three people who decided to install iTunes and bugged me to fix their computer.:p

It happened almost instantaneously after the installation of iTunes, so my guess is that it was the program.

EDIT: Are you running iTunes on Windows or MacOS?

o_O
05-18-2007, 02:27 PM
I'd say iTunes is the least of your worries if that's what happens when it gets installed.

I don't have (or want :p) an iPod, but I did have to manage one once. I used Banshee for that. Then I wanted to get all the music off of it for myself, so for that I used ephPod. :p

Baloki
05-18-2007, 04:18 PM
Well then you don't have to worry about realplayer itunes or whatever the crap baloki was talking about not working!

Apple sued Realplayer, I lol'd

Discord
05-18-2007, 05:23 PM

Apple sued Realplayer, I lol'd

:roll: