PDA

View Full Version : DS End game help.

dragontamer
05-16-2007, 11:30 AM
Can anyone help me here? i get to the last five battles, and im fine for most of, Ceberus normaly kills ingus, luneth revives him, Arc attacks and refia summons bahamut and leviathan, i use this tactic for the other three and i win ( usually anyway. equida whats-her-face walloped me last night...)
Anyway, i get to the cloud of darkness and she toads one of my ninjas (Arc, Ingus) and then luneth (Devout) cures everyone with acure spell whilst my summoner (refia) uses a pheonixdown to revive/cure the ninja of his aliments, depending on wether he was killed.
All my characters levels are at 56, should they be higher?

Another question, is the origional worth importing and learning japanese for?

Last question :D , Do you guys think that the game on the whole was too easy?? I havent even had the game for a week yet, and ive almost finished it.

No more questions, you'll be glad to know, Cheers!

espio
05-17-2007, 04:54 PM
BAHHHHH, if your having trouble then I stand no chance:

I have the following jobs:

Luneth = Dragoon
Arc = Dark Knight
Refia = Sage
Ingus = Warrior (lvl 99)

All characters are at lvl 55 ??

LOL....I have to train a bit more. If you wanna train then I have found that by going to Bahamuts lair you get 5700exp for the majority of the battles which is the highest exp you get from battling standard monsters.

There is also a topic on this already, click here (http://forums.eyesonff.com/final-fantasy-iii/104691-ds-end-game-help-plz-no-spoilers.html), that should help you on this issue. But in the mean time I'm gonna keep training XD.

dragontamer
05-31-2007, 01:17 PM
Thanks, Typically, i finished the game a day after posting that! well, for the last four battles...

Refia-summoner
Ingus-Monk
Arc-Ninja
Luneth-Devout

but for the last battle...

Refia-devout
Luneth-devout
Ingus-Ninja
Arc-ninja.

Lots of shurikans too. You'll need the ninjas to throw them, move evryone into the back row, get all four ribbons and equip them. The cloud of darkness has 120,000 hp, if each throwy-star does 8000, damage... you do the math, please.

but i've more questions!

Cid's and toppapa's storys dont add up. Cid says that ten years prior to the game, his ship crashed and only four little kids survived. but toppapa says that a traveller came to Ur, holding a Baby, a newborn baby, Now surely, if that was cid, he would have had Arc as well, and that would have to mean that the main characters were only 11 years old, tops. which i doubt.

Is there anything worth doing after completing the game?

I'd prattle on if i could, but i've run out of time. until next time!

Dark_Harbinger
05-31-2007, 03:26 PM
It kind of makes sense. Cid took Arc and Luneth to Toppapa after the crash. Cid was the piolet, after all.

Bolivar
06-05-2007, 01:24 AM
it is weird, he should have had arc too. maybe he did and they didn't mention it because they were only talking to luneth at the time (topapa i think).

your jobs originally looked fine, if you just used ribbons on the ninjas, bahamut with your summoner, and arise and curaja with your devout.

Espio, you might be alright, although for the final boss, you should really have 1 character good in offensive magic. You might find your sage juggling two roles at the same time. Dark Knight and Dragoon are two of the best melee jobs to have, good to have a lvl99 job warrior, but for the final battle you want someone who can cast offensive and defensive magic.

roces9
06-19-2007, 06:55 PM
dragontamer:
Refia-summoner
Ingus-Monk
Arc-Ninja
Luneth-Devout

Don't use a Monk. Black Belts are the same thing with better stats and a better ability. Instead of retaliate, BBs can charge up the attack for 1 or 2 turns for more damage.

And for your final battle try Ninja, Ninja, Devout, Sage for more damage.

Espio: Instead of a Warrior try a Knight or a Viking. I think (feel free to correct me) that L99 Warriors have higher stats than L99 Knights or Vikings, but they offer more things (heals or provoke) to the group that the Warrior doesnt.

And Bolivar, I do believe that Espio had a sage in his party which would be the perfect class to round off his party for off/def magic. Although I beat the boss with no offensive magic (Black Belt, Dragoon, Knight, Devout) so I don't believe it is necessary.

Blank
06-29-2007, 07:45 PM
Although I beat the boss with no offensive magic (Black Belt, Dragoon, Knight, Devout) so I don't believe it is necessary.

do you remember what level / job levels they were?
please & thankyou

smily face
07-22-2007, 05:24 AM
first question, you should be a little higher
second question, no I think you should not import it
third question ,it is easy if you level up right

KH-Cloudy
07-24-2007, 08:23 AM
I beat the game at 57, was pretty easy.

If I still remember, my party was a Onion Knight, Knight, Sage, and a Magus.

EDIT: just noticed this was an ollllddd thread.

dragontamer
07-26-2007, 03:01 PM
I beat the game at 57, was pretty easy.

If I still remember, my party was a Onion Knight, Knight, Sage, and a Magus.

EDIT: just noticed this was an ollllddd thread.

Yesss, KH-C,;) 'tis an old thread, but who cares?:mog: :mog: Even old threads can help others.

:choc2: :choc2: :moomba: :choc2: :choc2:

first question, you should be a little higher
second question, no I think you should not import it
third question ,it is easy if you level up right

Thanks for taking the time to answer my questions:) :D :) , Smily Face, but why do you think that the orignal is not worth being imported? (ignoring the fact that I'd have to somehow get my system configurated to be able to read japanese disks - does anyone actually know how to do this? I think i've heared that its a external drive that you conect to the PS2 thru a USB cable, but i may be wrong:confused: :confused: . Slightly off topic, i'm thinking of importing FFX-2 in japanese:cool: , hoping that it will help me learn that language:p ! :D I love that language:D !! But how the hell am i'm suposed to play it:mad: ?!)

Dark Warrior
08-09-2007, 06:09 PM
I only played the nes version... and I have a question:

Does the final boss use one attack or in the DS is different?

just curiosity

Sam250
08-12-2007, 06:37 PM
@ Dark Warrior:

MINOR SPOILERS:

No, the DS version has several differant attacks. Whilst she herself only uses a physical slap and a powerful laser, the two snake things on either side of her attack aswell, dealing damage, causing status effects, and protecting Dark Cloud.

Hope that helps.