PDA

View Full Version : click click click

rubah
05-16-2007, 05:48 PM
name me some moderately high end digital cameras with capabilities for lenses. If it costs less than $200, i don't want to hear about it!

(Actually i do, but you know what I mean)

Bonus points for personal experience.

-Too Lazy to google,
rubah

Discord
05-16-2007, 06:45 PM
All Nikons and Connons(how did that happen?) Canons from 800 USD upwards. I recommend Nikon myself.

Baloki
05-16-2007, 07:16 PM
Fujipix do some nice digital ones

Flying Mullet
05-21-2007, 02:41 PM
I assume this means you want a SLR and not a point-and-click?

rubah
05-21-2007, 07:00 PM
You assumed correctly!

Flying Mullet
05-22-2007, 09:31 PM
I don't know a lot about the differences in SLR cameras, but I've found that going to specialty camera stores and discussing with them what you want will help tremendously. When we were buying a new camera, we compiled a list of what we wanted and didn't want in our camera and we went to three different specialty stores to get opinions on what camera(s) they would recommend. After going to the different stores we had a good idea of what model camera we wanted.

Granted, we were in the market for a smaller point-and-shoot (we ended up with a Casio Exilim), but I would imagine that the same strategy should work for you as it seems you have a general idea of what you need and don't need in your camera.

Discord
05-22-2007, 10:27 PM
Good point. With the camera shops now going bankrupt due to the development of digital photography, they'll be more than willing to advice you on these issues.

Xaven
05-23-2007, 12:30 AM
Good point. With the camera shops now going bankrupt due to the development of digital photography, they'll be more than willing to advice you on these issues.
She wants a digital camera though... :O

Discord
05-23-2007, 06:45 PM
She wants a digital camera though... :O

Camera shops sell digital cameras too. The point being is that those shops got 90% of their profits from processing raw films. Since most people use digital cameras nowadays, thus there is no film, those shops are starting to run low on funds and go out of the business. Today, every customer counts, therefore Rubah will probably get quite a fair bit of advice from those fellows.