PDA

View Full Version : Nintendo Counts Down to Super Smash Bros. Brawl

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7

Crossblades
05-17-2007, 03:36 PM
IGN: Nintendo Counts Down to Smash Bros. (http://wii.ign.com/articles/788/788418p1.html)

The next best thing to actually playing Smash Bros. is getting new details on Smash Bros. While we're still going to have to wait some to experience Nintendo-style melee fighting with the Wii classic controller, new info on Smash Bros. Brawl may hit as early as Monday!

Nintendo has updated the official Japanese Smash Bros. site with a countdown to a site relaunch. As of this writing, the countdown reads 6 days (Japan time).

While we don't know for sure if the site update will include new info, you can bet we'll be refreshing our browsers constantly beginning Monday morning. We'll let you know if anything new is revealed.

Dreddz
05-17-2007, 10:43 PM
Why the need for a countdown ? Nintendo must think pretty high of themselves to think that Brawl needed a countdown.

Black Mage
05-17-2007, 11:31 PM
What are you even trying to say?

Countdowns like this are extremely common for website launches and the release of a product. I don't think it says anything about Nintendo one way or the other.

ljkkjlcm9
05-18-2007, 02:58 AM
not only that, Smash Bros is that big of a game. I know people that still play the N64 version of the game like it's their job. Smash Bros Melee is still one of my favorite GC games to play too, I've even played it on my Wii. To not realize that Smash Bros is as big, if not bigger than say Halo 3, is kidding yourself.

THE JACKEL

Del Murder
05-18-2007, 03:23 AM
Smash Bros. Melee is my favorite game for Gamecube.

Shoeberto
05-18-2007, 04:07 AM
Blizzard must think pretty high of themselves to have a countdown.
Bungie must think pretty high of themselves to have (had) a countdown.

etc. etc.

NeoCracker
05-18-2007, 11:10 AM
Didn't PS3 have a countdown?

Crossblades
05-18-2007, 02:34 PM

Roto13
05-18-2007, 04:14 PM
I can't wait. I've been getting the shakes from lack of Smash Bros. info.

Jowy
05-18-2007, 04:29 PM
Some new Fire Emblem characters would be delicious. Playable Hector is DO WANT.

PhoenixAsh
05-18-2007, 06:20 PM
The new Smash is about the only thing that might tempt me to get a Wii. I play the 64 version pretty much daily, and will probably get the cube version soon (I prefer the 64 but want to try the one player now cubes are cheap).

I think the only new character that has a chance of being in it that I care about is Sonic. Diddy Kong might be cool as well.

Crossblades
05-18-2007, 06:26 PM
I seriously hope some Golden Sun characters are added in the mix, mostly Isaac and Saturos. Seeing some Custom Robo characters would be nice as well

Roto13
05-18-2007, 06:42 PM
I wonder what Sonic's odds are of showing up now? There's a game announced with Mario and Sonic that's really focusing on the concept of them being in the same game. Wouldn't putting them both in Smash Bros. kinda take attention away from that?

scrumpleberry
05-18-2007, 06:46 PM
SSBM was love. Brawl looks just as good.

The Fat Bioware Nerd
05-18-2007, 06:55 PM
I wonder what Sonic's odds are of showing up now? There's a game announced with Mario and Sonic that's really focusing on the concept of them being in the same game. Wouldn't putting them both in Smash Bros. kinda take attention away from that?

We probaby won't see Sonic until the next Smash Bros. game which means I'll probaby have to buy the next console that Nintendo launches after the Wii's life cycle comes to an end.

NeoCracker
05-19-2007, 05:42 AM
I still want Dekar.

Agrias
05-19-2007, 05:46 AM
I want to play itttttt so bad.

Markus. D
05-19-2007, 12:39 PM
I want Cybot G Marina and some form of Clancer.

that will never happen though. If It does...

demondude
05-19-2007, 12:52 PM
will you have to have a wii classic controller cant you just have a gamecube one?

Roto13
05-19-2007, 04:49 PM
According to old reports, the Game Cube controller is going to be usable. I'm assuming that hasn't changed.

JKTrix
05-21-2007, 12:31 PM
Here's an 'independant journalist' who apparently got an interview with someone who involved with the new Smash game. Take it with a grain of salt, but if this stuff gets confirmed to be true in the future I'm adding this guy to my list of sources.

Nintendo Upcoming Game “Fun-Fact” Sheet « The Nintendrone (http://nintendrone.blog.com/1780019/)

They talk about some other stuff first (Multiplayer in Super Mario Galaxy? Hmm...) then they get down to the smash talk.

Like roto mentioned, they said a long time ago that the main game won't use the motion sensors, and will be built around the Gamecube controller.

It's a pretty quick read, as they're set up as bullet points instead of paragraphs.

Black Mage
05-21-2007, 02:27 PM
I'll play doubting Thomas for now, as essentially anyone can make a blog entry like that. If it turns out to be true, then great. If not, no surprise.

Today's the day the site is supposed to be updated, however. Hopefully we'll see something in the way of new information.

LimitBreaker
05-21-2007, 02:28 PM
I cant wait for this game, I try to reserve it, but the store people say they could'nt.

Laddy
05-21-2007, 04:21 PM
Yet another game for my golden-plated Wii.

Elite Lord Sigma
05-21-2007, 08:01 PM
I bet that I'll get all of the information first. Then I will hold it away from you all just to torture your souls share it with everyone.

KentaRawr!
05-21-2007, 08:54 PM
On one hand, the SSBB part sounds pretty cool, but I'll die inside if he's a good source of info, mostly because of this:

Metroid Prime 3: Corruption:
Players will not have to re-gain all of their abilities.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRGGHHH!

JKTrix
05-21-2007, 08:59 PM
On one hand, the SSBB part sounds pretty cool, but I'll die inside if he's a good source of info, mostly because of this:

Metroid Prime 3: Corruption:
Players will not have to re-gain all of their abilities.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRGGHHH!

I don't see how this is bad. In fact it's been pissing me off when games take away your powers lately.

'Sides, this may mean you get enough *new* stuff to compensate for the Samus-Standard arsenal you'd traditionally get in Metroid.

KentaRawr!
05-21-2007, 09:14 PM
While it is possible that they will compensate in such a way, the last time I heard them use these words with a Metroid game, it was Metroid Prime Hunters for the DS, which was merely using the Metroid name as an excuse to make a first person shooter for their system. And even then, it wasn't that you had all her powers. It was morely that you had none of them, and could only collect new weapons for battle, rather than for continuing with the game. And honestly, even by FPS standards, which I normally dislike anyway, I'd have to say it was quite bland.

Elite Lord Sigma
05-22-2007, 11:22 AM
The update to the site, other than making it look better, has the list of musicians working on the game, along with a full description of the "Battlefield" stage and a basic "How to Play" if you were stupid unlucky enough to miss out on this franchise. However, according to how Sakurai says he will be updating the site "periodically", I'm assuming we're going to see updates more frequently now.

Fatal Impurity
05-22-2007, 12:45 PM
SSBM was ok but it is in no way a bigger release than halo 3...but yeah its interesting who they've picked as their new characters. Solid snake's in it for god's sake! Also who whould of thought they would put in a new version of the same charcter (suitless samus) and how will this new version match up against the original?

JKTrix
05-22-2007, 01:58 PM
The site says to expect Daily Weekday Updates. Hmm.

Also, I wouldn't write off the list of musicians as just fluff. I mean... this could be a clue to what may be represented in the game. The man even says:

This is dangerous. It's a little risky
Then look at the first name on the list: some guy from Konami who is credited for Metal Gear music. Now, if we go by these clues, we can assume/hope/speculate that people that who are brought in from other companies for music may be contributing music from games that they have worked on. Also, people from within Nintendo who have worked on Nintendo games may be contributing music from games they've worked on.

And if the music from these games are going to be there, then there *has* to be something from that game within Smash Bros--be it a character, stage, trophy or whatever.

I'll post the list in quotes. It's a little weird to read. All emphasis such as Underlines and Bolds are my own, for some notable non-nintendo people/games that we didn't know about already.

My Rankings:
Underline= !
Bold= !!
Bold & Underline= !!!

One last note before the list: The last person listed, Yuzo Koshiro, was the composer of the original Sonic the Hedgehog. CURIOUS as to why they didn't include that credit beside his name...

-Akihiro Honda (Konami Digital Entertainment Co., Ltd.)
Metal Gear Solid 4 Guns Of The Patriots / Metal Gear Solid Portable OPS

-Arata Iiyoshi
Pokmon Mystery Dungeon / beatmania II DX

-Asuka Ohta (Nintendo)
New Super Mario Bros. / Yoshi Touch&Go

-Hajime Wakai (Nintendo)
Pikmin series / Star Fox series

-Jun Fukuda (grasshopper manufacture inc.)
killer7 / contact

-Kazumi Totaka (Nintendo)
Animal Crossing series / Yoshi series

-Keigo Ozaki (GAME ARTS Co.,Ltd.)
PROJECT SYLPHEED

-Kenichi Okuma
Melty Lancer series / Welcome to Pia Carrot!! 3

-Kenji Ito
ROMANCING SAGA series / CULDCEPT SAGA

-Kenji Yamamoto (Nintendo)
Super Metroid / Metroid Prime series

-Kentaro Ishizaka (HAL Laboratory, Inc.)
-(nothing credited)

-Koji Hayama
Cho Aniki / Ape Escape 2

-Koji Kondo (Nintendo)
Super Mario Bros. series / The Legend of Zelda series

-Masaaki Iwasaki
MOTHER3 / Chelnov (Genesis)

-Masafumi Takada (grasshopper manufacture inc.)
killer7 / GOD HAND

-Masato Kouda
Monster Hunter / Devil May Cry

-Michiko Naruke
Wild Arms series

-Minako Hamano (Nintendo)
Metroid Fusion

-Motoi Sakuraba
Golden Sun series / Mario Golf & Tennis series

-Noriyuki Iwadare
GRANDIA series

-Ryoji Yoshi tomi (Nintendo)
WarioWare, Inc. : Mega Microgame$!

-Seiji Momoi
METEOS / The Glory of Hercules III - The Silence of Gods

-Shogo Sakai
(HAL Laboratory, Inc.) Super Smash Bros. Melee / MOTHER3

-Shota Kageyama
Luminous Arc

-Takahiro Nishi (GAME ARTS Co.,Ltd.)
GRANDIA series / PROJECT SYLPHEED

-Tomoko Sasaki (TOKIOHEIDI)
NiGHTS

-Toru Minegishi (Nintendo)
The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess

-Toshiyuki Sudo (Nintendo)
Everybody Votes Channel

-Tsukasa Masuko
Star Force / Magical Starsign

-Yasufumi Fukuda
Kamaitachi no Yoru 2

-Yasunori Mitsuda (PROCYON STUDIO CO., LTD.)
CHRONO TRIGGER / XENOGEARS

-Yoko Shimomura
Kingdom Hearts series

-Yuka Tsujiyoko
Fire Emblem series

-Yusuke Takahama (TARGET ENTERTAINMENT INC.)
Digital Pinball series

-Yutaka Iraha (GAME ARTS Co.,Ltd.)
SYLPHEED series

-Yuzo Koshiro (ANCIENT)
ActRaiser / Street of Rage

ValkyrieWing
05-22-2007, 05:21 PM
I'm sincerely hoping for Golden Sun and Fire Emblem characters. Maybe even Advance Wars...now that would be different.

NINJA_Ryu
05-23-2007, 03:07 AM
mm, if they have my good buddy sonic, then my life is set.

Crossblades
05-23-2007, 06:03 PM
The site has been updated with Profiles for Mario and link

ljkkjlcm9
05-24-2007, 03:46 PM
Today they added the Gooey bomb item and it looks awesome! I've always wanted to stick someone with a bomb in Smash Bros! I just wonder how long it takes to blow up.

THE JACKEL

KH-Cloudy
05-25-2007, 03:39 AM
Haha, wow this is gonna be cool.

Crossblades
05-25-2007, 05:25 PM
Pit's bio has now been added. Man, Nintendo was serious when they said that the site would be updated daily:D

ljkkjlcm9
05-25-2007, 05:52 PM
Pit's bio has now been added. Man, Nintendo was serious when they said that the site would be updated daily:D

updated daily yes, but at this rate, it'll take 2 weeks before we get any real good new info.

THE JACKEL

Agent Proto
05-25-2007, 06:13 PM
I wouldn't say that. I trust Nintendo to pop in some new stuff here and there like they did with the Gooey Bomb.

demondude
05-27-2007, 10:29 AM
I love the music menu 1 in the music section I can't wait to see what other pieces of music they have:)

Crossblades
05-29-2007, 04:47 PM
The update now includes a new item called "Final Smash."

Roto13
05-29-2007, 07:31 PM
We already knew about that item. :P

Does it look different than it did or am I just remembering it wrong?

demondude
05-29-2007, 07:34 PM

It does look different before it was just plain red it looks cooler now:D

scrumpleberry
05-29-2007, 07:35 PM
It definitely looks different, but I like it.

Crossblades
05-29-2007, 09:42 PM

But nobody knew it's name though:p

demondude
05-30-2007, 01:15 PM
New update now the super scope can be used while moving and jumping:choc2:

Crossblades
05-31-2007, 04:37 PM
Another new item, the cracker Launcher

Roto13
05-31-2007, 05:43 PM
I want one of those in real life.

demondude
05-31-2007, 05:49 PM
Don't we all?

ljkkjlcm9
05-31-2007, 05:55 PM
I've always wanted a home run bat, that's so awesome it sends people flying if swung correctly.

THE JACKEL

demondude
05-31-2007, 05:57 PM
Wouldn't having a flamethrower disguised as a flower be even better:)

Edit they have the delfino plaza now that looks really cool:)

Crossblades
06-01-2007, 03:17 PM
The way they described the delfino plaza stage kinda reminds me of the F-Zero stage from Melee. Still cool though:D

demondude
06-01-2007, 03:19 PM
I bet they'll make a stage from luigis mansion playable:)

Evastio
06-05-2007, 02:16 AM
I really can't wait for Super Smash Bros. Brawl to come out and all of these updates aren't helping. :hyper:

I'm hoping that they'll be adding Geno, Mallow, (yeah , I know it's unlikely but it would be so awesome if they added those two) King K. Rool, Cranky Kong, (Cranky Kong would be a funny character to add. Just imagine getting beaten up by an old monkey. King K. Rool should be added since Donkey Kong needs a good rival) Gooey, King Dedede, (Kirby needs a partner and Gooey is perfect for the job. King Dedede would be a funny character to add as well) Poo, (Ness needs a partner as well) Lucario, (who'd be a better Pokmon to add than Blaziken because it would be wrong to add him if all the other starters and their evolutions were only in Pokballs) Balloon Fighters, (we need more retro character in Super Smash Bros. and if the Ice Climbers made it in why shouldn't they?) and Lolo and Lala (also a good idea for retro characters).

Elite Lord Sigma
06-05-2007, 02:29 AM
Now that they added an arrangement from a song from Yoshi's Story, Sakurai may as well say that Yoshi is in the game.

Ultima Shadow
06-05-2007, 10:03 AM
Rydia and Rider should be in the game... in underwear-outfit... then I'd spend the rest of my life making hot screenshots in camera-mode. :greenie:

Uh, oh. What AM I thinking? :greenie:

Anyways... I really can't wait for this game. It's going to be so awesome. Even though Rydia and Rider won't be in it. :cool:

KentaRawr!
06-05-2007, 01:02 PM
Now that they added an arrangement from a song from Yoshi's Story, Sakurai may as well say that Yoshi is in the game.

Well, a Yoshi's Island stage WAS in the second trailer. >_>

demondude
06-05-2007, 05:15 PM
Now they have pokemon balls and groudon:)

Crossblades
06-08-2007, 04:09 PM
The site is updated. This time it shows which Controllers are compatible

KentaRawr!
06-08-2007, 04:24 PM
Takamaru should be in Brawl. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nazo_no_Murasamejou) I may have only learned of him by browsing wikipedia in complete boredome, but even so, who else for the spot of that one obscure character not many people know of?

Pit doesn't count! >=/

Craig
06-08-2007, 06:27 PM
4 different ways to play, that's pretty awesome. I think I'll give the Wiimote + Nunchuk a try first, but the Nunchuk hurts my hand after a while so it'll probably be a choice between the Classic controller and the GC controller.

Besides, Smash Bros is ment to be played with a controller in your hands, that's pretty much as solid as evolution. Wiimote on it's side doesn't look too great, but I'll give it a go.

ljkkjlcm9
06-09-2007, 12:49 AM
Takamaru should be in Brawl. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nazo_no_Murasamejou) I may have only learned of him by browsing wikipedia in complete boredome, but even so, who else for the spot of that one obscure character not many people know of?

Pit doesn't count! >=/

I knew Pit... Kid Icarus is amazing! They could easily do Milon from Milon's secret castle, which just recently came to the virtual console :P

anyways, 4 control types... and it makes sense. You only need A and B, the control pad, and a shoulder. So with the wiimote on it's side, you have A, 1, 2 and control pad. But that takes away jump buttons and requires you to use Up. As well as shield and A to grab.
The wiimote/nunchuk might be interesting. I'm guessing Z grabs, C shield(or other way around), A normal, B special, not sure about the control pad, but of course the control stick moves. Control pad might be like the C-stick in multiplayer, or it could be a quick jump.
Classic controller and Gamecube controller seem pretty self explanatory.... gamecube controller probably hasn't changed the controls at all.

THE JACKEL

Markus. D
06-09-2007, 12:58 PM
Isle Delfino looks to be awesome!

Crossblades
06-25-2007, 02:23 PM
Zelda returns as a playable character. And check out other updates like the lylat cruise

Smash Bros. DOJO!! (http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/characters/zelda.html)

Craig
06-25-2007, 09:18 PM
I've got a feeling she won't be transforming into Sheik this time round.

Rase
06-26-2007, 08:54 AM
Pretty sweet Ocarina of Time medley added today. I'm definitely digging it.

Zeromus_X
06-26-2007, 09:03 AM
I am very happy that Zelda returns as a playable character, Sheik or not.

Ultima Shadow
06-28-2007, 09:33 PM
I'm not suprised Zelda returns. And according to the character description, it seems like she'll be pretty much the same as in Melee. I really hope the Sheik transformation has been removed, though. That, or Sheik must be nerfed. She was far too good in Melee and because of that, people rarely played as Zelda in her true form.

KentaRawr!
06-29-2007, 02:20 AM
Nice, completely customizable controls. I hope this means I can remove the Analog Stick Jump.

Evastio
06-29-2007, 03:54 AM
Nice, completely customizable controls. I hope this means I can remove the Analog Stick Jump.
Yeah. I never liked that either. It messes up your movement and it gets annoying. At least it does for me.

Pit doesn't count! >=/
Another Nintendo character they made barely any reference to in SSBM?

Wow. I thought the Urban Champions were the only characters they completely forgot about in SSBM. He does look awesome enough to add to Brawl though. :D

Goldenboko
06-29-2007, 04:04 AM
I'm not suprised Zelda returns. And according to the character description, it seems like she'll be pretty much the same as in Melee. I really hope the Sheik transformation has been removed, though. That, or Sheik must be nerfed. She was far too good in Melee and because of that, people rarely played as Zelda in her true form.
Sheik was meant to deal lots of damage and then Zelda as a finisher IMO the harmony was flawless.

Ultima Shadow
06-30-2007, 02:01 PM
Sheik was meant to deal lots of damage and then Zelda as a finisher IMO the harmony was flawless.Zelda was MEANT to be the finisher, yes. But she usually wasn't. Sheik is superior in every aspect. Even when it comes to finishing the opponent. Her bitch-slap sends the opponent in an annoying downward direction which can be extremely hard to recover from. Her d-smash isn't bad either and both comes out extremely fast, which makes them hard to avoid. And when it comes to edgeguarding, Zelda is nothing compared to Sheik.

Momiji
07-01-2007, 05:17 AM

You DO know that in SSBM you can use Y or X to jump, and in the original SSB you could use any of the yellow buttons (letter escapes me) to jump. I dislike using the analog stick to jump.

Markus. D
07-01-2007, 05:53 AM
Perhaps Zelda will be the SSB version of Jam Kurodoberi? (Buffing before special moves?)

Cz
07-02-2007, 07:04 PM
Wow, assist trophies look really great. I was a little disappointed to see that Samurai Goroh wasn't actually going to be a playable character, but this is the next best thing. Looks like we'll be seeing plenty of cameos in SSBB. :D

Evastio
07-02-2007, 07:45 PM
Wow, assist trophies look really great. I was a little disappointed to see that Samurai Goroh wasn't actually going to be a playable character, but this is the next best thing. Looks like we'll be seeing plenty of cameos in SSBB. :D
Yeah. Although I do hope they won't be making Pokmon come out of those things. I know they probably won't but I'm still a bit worried about it since they may think that some of the Pokmon are too good to come out of Pokballs.

I have to say the Assist Trophies are a really awesome idea and I look forward to having them in SSBB. :D

Cz
07-02-2007, 09:38 PM
Yeah. Although I do hope they won't be making Pokmon come out of those things. I know they probably won't but I'm still a bit worried about it since they may think that some of the Pokmon are too good to come out of Pokballs.I don't think that'll be much of a problem. I'm thinking of the assist trophies as Pokballs for non-Pokmon characters. They look as if they work the same way, with each character having one pre-determined attack, and being practically invincible. Basically, they're an excuse to shoe-horn in as many characters as possible into the game. Which is a good thing. :thumb:

Rase
07-03-2007, 08:40 AM
I've been thinking the same as Cz, in that the Assist Trophies are basically Pokballs with the Pokmon replaced with various Nintendo characters. Very nice.

Bowser's up (http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/characters/bowser.html), and looks nice. I'm more interested by this though.

The biggest and the heaviest of fighters, Bowser has a slightly different flavor this time around!

To be honest, there are a LOT of characters that offer a slightly different flavor this time around. If you think theyre all going to be the same as they have been, itll be rough for you.
Granted, that may not be huge news to some, but I for one am happy they're saying that there will be at least some changes to most characters. Much preferred to the whole "same guy, better graphics" deal.

Cz
07-03-2007, 12:22 PM
Yeah, that's great news. Having played Melee to death, I'd hoped they might take a shot at rebalancing the character roster in Brawl, to make the likes of Bowser playable.

Also, it looks as though we're going to start getting new information more often from now on. I'm getting more excited about SSBB by the day.

Elite Lord Sigma
07-03-2007, 12:24 PM
I've liked the new updates quite a lot.

What happened over on NSider Forums as a result of some of them, on the other hand...

Crossblades
07-03-2007, 03:56 PM
Wow. Bowser actually looks scary this time:eek:

Fatal Impurity
07-03-2007, 04:26 PM
Wow SSBB looks like it could be another surprisingly good and addictive game...

Rase
07-04-2007, 11:21 AM
Latest info (http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/characters/bowser.html#3rd) = sweet. Playable Giga Bowser makes me very happy indeed. :D

Northcrest
07-04-2007, 09:18 PM
This is going to be so great can't wait for it to come out. When exactly is it suppose to come out anyway.

Fatal Impurity
07-05-2007, 04:00 AM
I love the trailer for SSBB...its gotta be one of the funniest game trailers in existence!

Ultima Shadow
07-05-2007, 01:55 PM
Whoa! Giga Bowser looks EVIL! :cool:

Rostum
07-05-2007, 03:09 PM
http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/characters/images/samus/samus_070615b-l.jpg
http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/characters/images/pikachu/pikachu_070619b-l.jpg
http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/characters/images/fox/fox_070621c-l.jpg
http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/characters/images/zelda/zelda_070625a-l.jpg
http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/characters/images/wario/wario_070629c-l.jpg
http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/items/assist/images/assist01/assist01_070702d-l.jpg
http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/items/assist/images/assist02/assist02_070702c-l.jpg
http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/characters/images/bowser/bowser_070703a-l.jpg
http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/characters/images/bowser/bowser_070704b-l.jpg

Super Smash Bros. Brawl will not be playable at E3 2007.

The current character roster is as follows:

MARIO BROS. Series
Mario
Wario
Bowser
Hammer Bros. (Assist Trophy)

LEGEND OF ZELDA Series
Link
Zelda

POKEMON Series
Pikachu

KIRBY Series
Kirby
MetaKnight

STAR FOX Series
Fox McCloud

METROID Series
Samus Aran/Zero Suit Samus

F-ZERO Series
Samurai Goroh (Assist Trophy)

OTHER
Pit (KID ICARUS)
Solid Snake (METAL GEAR SOLID Guest Character)
Nintendog (Assist Trophy)

The current Stage List is as follows:

Battlefield -SUPER SMASH BROS. Series
Delfino Plaza -SUPER MARIO SUNSHINE
Yoshi's Island -SUPER MARIO WORLD 2: YOSHI'S ISLAND
Lylat Cruise -STAR FOX Series
MarioKart Circuit (Tentative Name) -MARIOKART Series
Metal Gear Solid Stage (Tentative Name) -METAL GEAR SOLID Series

Sexy!

Crossblades
07-05-2007, 03:38 PM
The current Stage List is as follows:

Battlefield -SUPER SMASH BROS. Series
Delfino Plaza -SUPER MARIO SUNSHINE
Yoshi's Island -SUPER MARIO WORLD 2: YOSHI'S ISLAND
Lylat Cruise -STAR FOX Series
MarioKart Circuit (Tentative Name) -MARIOKART Series
Metal Gear Solid Stage (Tentative Name) -METAL GEAR SOLID Series

You forgot the Metal Knight stage and the Pit Stage

Rostum
07-05-2007, 03:58 PM
Sorry, was just some information I received from a friend who is going to be attending the E3 (or is, I don't know when it starts). So yeah, I didn't know those two stages where in it, that's even more the awesome!

Crossblades
07-05-2007, 06:13 PM
Sorry, was just some information I received from a friend who is going to be attending the E3 (or is, I don't know when it starts). So yeah, I didn't know those two stages where in it, that's even more the awesome!

How could you not know? They were in the 2006 E3 video:p

KentaRawr!
07-05-2007, 09:54 PM
Don't forget the inner castle. >_>

Crossblades
07-06-2007, 03:13 PM
Bridge of Eldin from Zelda:Twilight Princess is now one the stages.

Rostum
07-07-2007, 10:16 AM
How could you not know? They were in the 2006 E3 video:p

I don't follow gaming news much, if at all. And a lot can happen to a game from 2006 to 2007. :p

Rengori
07-09-2007, 01:37 AM
I want a friggin' wii now! I haven't played Super Smash Bros in like 4 years, and I never got the Gamecube one.

Evastio
07-09-2007, 01:38 AM
I hope posting this isn't considered spam (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DDvq79XTiww&mode=related&search=). It is on-topic even though it's not officially Nintendo.

It's a fan-made Super Smash Bros. Brawl Theme Song Interpretation I found on the Internet. It's really funny. :D

Markus. D
07-09-2007, 03:32 AM
XDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

demondude
07-10-2007, 05:43 PM
They have dr wright as an assist trophy now :)

Roto13
07-11-2007, 03:04 AM
Dr. Wright from Sim City. xD That's awesome.

Rengori
07-11-2007, 03:10 AM
I thought it was going to Dr. Phoenix Wright for a second.

Evastio
07-11-2007, 03:47 AM
They shouldn't use the Smash Bros. Logo for him even though they probably won't add any more Sim City characters.

Rase
07-11-2007, 08:37 AM
They brought back the Bumper!!! (http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/items/item05.html)

:love:

I am so freaking happy about this. The Bumper was probably the main thing I missed in SSBM. The Spinner (or whatever it's called) just wasn't the same.

Markus. D
07-11-2007, 09:36 AM
Smash Bros. DOJO!! (http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/stages/stage05.html)

:DDDDDDDDDDDDDD

Momiji
07-11-2007, 03:02 PM
I'm gonna be sad if Ness doesn't show up in this one. I mean, he was created by the same company who made Kirby. That's gotta account for something. :(

Not to mention, EarthBound is a fantastic game.

PhoenixAsh
07-11-2007, 03:43 PM
I didn't ever manage to own Melee (I still play the 64 version a LOT)... I can't believe the bumper wasn't in it! Its one of the most fun ways to kill people!

I think the new Smash is gonna tip me towards getting a Wii... Its between that and 360, so whoever impresses me most in the next few months gets the win.

Crossblades
07-12-2007, 04:49 PM
Release date confirmed! Dec. 3, 2007:D

A short but awesome video!

And Donkey Kong returns!!!:D

Roto13
07-12-2007, 06:46 PM
Short little trailer. That's cool. I like the new look of Fox's Firefox move.

Crossblades
07-13-2007, 05:00 PM
An Animal Crossing stage has been added!:eek:

The Stage changes from night to day depending on your Wii's internal clock:)

Northcrest
07-13-2007, 06:51 PM
Gosh I can't wait anymore I hope I can get a Wii soon. OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG!

Azure Chrysanthemum
07-13-2007, 09:07 PM
Well, I guess I better get myself a Wii now so I can get Brawl for Christmas :p

Roto13
07-13-2007, 09:38 PM
K.K. Slider. xD That's great.

XxSephirothxX
07-13-2007, 10:05 PM
Stage, character, etc. announcements all excite me greatly, though I'm a bit surprised by how many people care about items. I don't think I've regularly played Smash Bros with items since about 2003. :p

Ultima Shadow
07-13-2007, 10:21 PM
Stage, character, etc. announcements all excite me greatly, though I'm a bit surprised by how many people care about items. I don't think I've regularly played Smash Bros with items since about 2003. :pAgreed. I actually find it much more fun without items.:greenie:

Azure Chrysanthemum
07-16-2007, 08:11 PM
I never quite know how to feel about music posts. On one hand, I love the music and the impressive list of composers does make me want to know all about the music. On the other hand, I want to know more about characters and content, damn it!

That being said I'm liking the Star Fox arrangement. This will definitely be a game I buy the soundtrack for.

Markus. D
07-16-2007, 08:27 PM
Donkey Kong is back :]...

edit: o_o; Animal Crossing stage

Crossblades
07-18-2007, 03:42 PM
Check out Samus's Final Smash! :eek:

ljkkjlcm9
07-19-2007, 03:56 AM
Check out Samus's Final Smash! :eek:

let me get this straight, I can only be Zero Suit Samus by using Samus's final smash? Then does Zero Suit Samus have her own Final Smash? Does dieing get me my suit back? That's really not very clear on how it works.

Ultima Shadow
07-19-2007, 04:08 AM
let me get this straight, I can only be Zero Suit Samus by using Samus's final smash? Then does Zero Suit Samus have her own Final Smash? Does dieing get me my suit back? That's really not very clear on how it works.I was about to ask the same thing. If she can only be Zero Suit after using her Final Smash, you won't be able to play her in item-less matches. And that would suck.

KentaRawr!
07-19-2007, 04:09 PM
Hopefully you can do something like, hold A at the beginning of a match to just start as her. But at the same time, if you are in a match with items, Samus players are at a disadvantage unless they know how to use ZSS well, and so far it seems like the two characters are pretty different judging by the trailers. >_>

Crossblades
07-19-2007, 04:29 PM
Hopefully you can do something like, hold A at the beginning of a match to just start as her. But at the same time, if you are in a match with items, Samus players are at a disadvantage unless they know how to use ZSS well, and so far it seems like the two characters are pretty different judging by the trailers. >_>

Her character profile is now up. What she lacks in power and weaponry, she makes up for it in speed.

Ultima Shadow
07-19-2007, 05:04 PM
She actually seems to be better in her Zero Suit form. Almost like Sheik. >_<

demondude
07-19-2007, 05:09 PM
I don't like the way samus changes into her zero suit form when she uses her final smash.

KentaRawr!
07-19-2007, 05:16 PM
She actually seems to be better in her Zero Suit form. Almost like Sheik. >_<

*Intercept* .... ##### SLAP!!

She seems to be a pretty cool character already. :tongue:

Ultima Shadow
07-19-2007, 05:23 PM
*Intercept* .... ##### SLAP!!

She seems to be a pretty cool character already. :tongue:
Ugh! No! I don't want another Sheik! Sheik is too cheap! NOOOOOO! xD

Edit: Also, this may not be directly releated to Brawl but (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L1nGBIGKnuU)... it's still so awesome that I just have to post it here. xD

Markus. D
07-19-2007, 05:26 PM
Well it isn't like we are going to be able to suddenly activate Final Smashes, In normal Item games at least it will (hopefully...) be based on chance.

NeoCracker
07-20-2007, 03:50 AM
That kicked so much ass Shads.

Crossblades
07-20-2007, 04:43 PM
Check out the new update. Seems kinda......creepy. I guess it's the new Story mode

JKTrix
07-20-2007, 07:31 PM
It looks like it might be a peek at the game's intro, based on the 'Statues Come To Life' thing.

Did that purple smokey thing come from MetaKnight's ship?

Roto13
07-20-2007, 07:59 PM
That's just weird. xP I hope they reveal exactly what that is on Monday.

Azure Chrysanthemum
07-23-2007, 09:19 AM
New DK stage instead of any further revelations.

It's a moving stage, the kind of stage my cousins and I rarely play on. They don't like them, but I tend to be OK with them.

Nominus Experse
07-23-2007, 10:17 AM
Yes, I knew there was a reason I hadn't spent my Coke Rewards yet. 10 a day, the Wii will be mine just in time to get this gem of a game.

A shame Bomberman didn't make it in this game. I think he would have been fun to have in the fray.

Crossblades
07-23-2007, 04:21 PM
New DK stage instead of any further revelations.

It's a moving stage, the kind of stage my cousins and I rarely play on. They don't like them, but I tend to be OK with them.

The DK stage is similar to the Ice Climbers stage(SSBM)

Northcrest
07-23-2007, 07:27 PM
I just want to see Captain Falcon and his Final Smash. But yeah that DK stage looks pretty awesome.

Crossblades
07-24-2007, 04:14 PM
Yoshi returns as a playable character

Craig
07-24-2007, 06:05 PM
Yoshi returns as a playable character

And he's packing a triple jump.

Azure Chrysanthemum
07-24-2007, 08:31 PM
I'm wondering how the egg throw triple jump will work. Will Yoshi spring up as he throws the egg, or will he throw himself as an egg? The latter'd be kinda funny.

PhoenixAsh
07-25-2007, 07:35 PM
Yoshi with a triple jump may become one of my favourate characters... Haven't tried him in Melee, but I loved him in 64 apart from that one, massive weakness...

KH-Cloudy
07-25-2007, 08:13 PM
Heh, going to like the new stage :)

Azure Chrysanthemum
07-25-2007, 09:56 PM
Wow, a stage where it appears you can break all of the ground. That looks interesting.

scrumpleberry
07-25-2007, 10:31 PM
It'll be a bummer until you get used to it.

I love the idea of the assist trophies and stuff - I mean, Dr. Wright!

Roto13
07-25-2007, 10:50 PM
I like the new stage. It looks nice.

KH-Cloudy
07-26-2007, 08:41 AM
Lol, check out the new update. Footstool jump xD this will be loads of fun. *Evil thought*

Crossblades
07-26-2007, 06:10 PM
Lol, check out the new update. Footstool jump xD this will be loads of fun. *Evil thought*

Indeed:D

ljkkjlcm9
07-26-2007, 11:37 PM
it seems to me that was put in to give EVERYONE an edge guard move

THE JACKEL

Roto13
07-27-2007, 09:03 PM
Knuckle Joe as an assist trophy. Nothing spectacular, but neat anyway. :P

Markus. D
07-28-2007, 04:37 AM
The Kid Icarus stage makes me happy :D

KH-Cloudy
07-30-2007, 08:38 AM
Hmm...interesting no new updates and it's already 38 minutes after midnight...Usually takes around four to five minutes.

EDIT: Finally! Final Smash is just like the upcoming game ahahah.

Crossblades
07-31-2007, 03:29 PM
New item revealed:Pitfall!

Roto13
07-31-2007, 05:03 PM
lol Animal Crossing

Azure Chrysanthemum
08-01-2007, 11:04 AM
New character revealed! Enter Fire Emblem's Ike. (http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/characters/ike.html)

Crossblades
08-01-2007, 03:54 PM
New character revealed! Enter Fire Emblem's Ike. (http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/characters/ike.html)

Nintendo has granted my wish!:eek:

ljkkjlcm9
08-01-2007, 05:18 PM
Ike is soooooo the Fire Emblem character I wanted! I can solo the entire Fire Emblem game with him on difficult, by far the best main EVER in fire emblem lol

THE JACKEL

JKTrix
08-01-2007, 06:20 PM
Let's just hope they don't introduce another character from any game that uses a Lance, or Ike is screwed.

Roto13
08-01-2007, 06:53 PM
Which FE game is Ike from?

JKTrix
08-01-2007, 07:16 PM
Path of Radiance (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fire_Emblem:_Path_of_Radiance), Gamecube. A game American people might be familiar with.

I'm saddened though, as this may mean the loss of Marth (and Roy). I mean, Marth and Roy are the reason we even have Fire Emblem games in English now.

Craig
08-01-2007, 09:05 PM
I'm guessing tomorrow's update will be Kirby's final smash, Ike's moveset or an assist trophy.

KentaRawr!
08-01-2007, 09:08 PM
Path of Radiance (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fire_Emblem:_Path_of_Radiance), Gamecube. A game American people might be familiar with.

I'm saddened though, as this may mean the loss of Marth (and Roy). I mean, Marth and Roy are the reason we even have Fire Emblem games in English now.

I highly doubt that Marth will be cut. The castle stage seen in the trailers bears the same flag as the enemy's flag in the two games Marth was in, and the anime.

KH-Cloudy
08-01-2007, 09:43 PM
Just hope Marth don't get cut since many people use him more than Roy.

Evastio
08-02-2007, 02:11 AM
Based on the "Warning! Challenger Approaching!" sign above the update I'm guessing Ike is a secret character in Super Smash Bros. Brawl.

Just hope Marth don't get cut since many people use him more than Roy.

I highly doubt that Marth will be cut. The castle stage seen in the trailers bears the same flag as the enemy's flag in the two games Marth was in, and the anime.
Yeah. I also really hope Marth and Roy makes it in (although I want Marth to be back in more than Roy). And even if Marth is in the Japan Only Fire Emblem games he is the central character of the Fire Emblem series like you said Kentarou. And he is the only character to star in more than 1 Fire Emblem game.

Vikeve
08-02-2007, 02:47 AM
I'm so sad they must not cut Roy! Marth was too strong it was too easy too cheap being him. I'm disapointed in you Evastio why must I love those that hurt me!

Evastio
08-02-2007, 03:12 AM
I'm so sad they must not cut Roy! Marth was too strong it was too easy too cheap being him. I'm disapointed in you Evastio why must I love those that hurt me!
So that's why you don't like Marth as much as Roy. Well, that's understandable.

They most likely won't be removing Roy from Super Smash Bros. Brawl because he's no longer a Japan Only character.

Azure Chrysanthemum
08-02-2007, 09:29 AM
The new Fire Emblem stage looks pretty sweet.

KH-Cloudy
08-02-2007, 10:04 AM
What's underground I wonder...Death traps?! Or weapons like cannons and gunpowder with fire nearby..

Monster Hunt
08-02-2007, 11:05 AM

I remember when the trailer first came out and now it's finally the count down!

The new characters look pretty cool- I can't wait!

Crossblades
08-02-2007, 03:46 PM
The new Fire Emblem stage looks pretty sweet.

Indeed.

I like the fact that the stage is not from a a specific Fire Emblem game.

Albel
08-02-2007, 05:56 PM
Solid Snake!!! woohooo. I'll have to try him out when I get bored of Link. I cant wait.

KentaRawr!
08-02-2007, 05:59 PM
Dang, I could have SWORN those flags were from a specific game. >_< Oh well. Perhaps it's a combination of multiple Fire Emblem games. But still, it destroys the defense of Marth. >_>

Crossblades
08-03-2007, 04:48 PM
Adventure Mode:The Subspace Emissary has been added. This is story mode basically. Unlike SSBM's adventure mode, this will emphasize character development.

Craig
08-03-2007, 05:14 PM
Today's update was my favourite so far. It also confirmed Peach.

Evastio
08-03-2007, 05:41 PM
Adventure mode in Super Smash Bros. Brawl sounds really awesome... :D

Although it leaves me with a lot of questions about it.

Roto13
08-03-2007, 05:44 PM
I bet it's almost exactly like the Melee adventure more, only with more cutscenes. :P

Craig
08-03-2007, 06:00 PM
Oh and Sheik and Ganondorf have been confirmed too.

KentaRawr!
08-03-2007, 07:43 PM

When was this? >_>

Yeah, I know, it's pretty much common sense, but ah well.

Craig
08-03-2007, 08:02 PM

When was this? >_>

Eiji Aonuma Talks DS Development And More (http://www.gameinformer.com/News/Story/200708/N07.0802.1741.54921.htm)

Crossblades
08-03-2007, 08:34 PM

When was this? >_>

Eiji Aonuma Talks DS Development And More (http://www.gameinformer.com/News/Story/200708/N07.0802.1741.54921.htm)

Good to know. Ganondorf was one of my favorite characters to play in Melee.

Craig
08-05-2007, 11:39 AM

When was this? >_>

Good to know. Ganondorf was one of my favorite characters to play in Melee.

I reckon his moveset will be changed this time.

Ultima Shadow
08-05-2007, 11:51 AM
Oh and Sheik and Ganondorf have been confirmed too.Sheik= NOOOOOOO!!!
Ganondorf= YEEEEEEEESSSSSS!!!

I reckon his moveset will be changed this time.NOOOOOES... as long as it's not just his up tilt and Warlock Punch that has been replaced with some better moves. in that case, the changes will be welcome. But I doubt it will be like that, though. But hopefully, he'll be atleast similar to how he was in melee, since he was my main. Oh well.

KentaRawr!
08-05-2007, 04:13 PM
I just hope they nerf Shiek. I know she's my main, but I always feel so cheap when I use her for some reason. Like, no one can beat me. Then I use Captain Falcon, and I lose, and yet, everything feels... right.

As for Ganondorf, he's deserving of an original move-set, and a spot in this game. Personally, I'd like it if they just made it so all of his moves do the same thing, but they just make them look different.

ljkkjlcm9
08-05-2007, 04:58 PM
I just hope they nerf Shiek. I know she's my main, but I always feel so cheap when I use her for some reason. Like, no one can beat me. Then I use Captain Falcon, and I lose, and yet, everything feels... right.

As for Ganondorf, he's deserving of an original move-set, and a spot in this game. Personally, I'd like it if they just made it so all of his moves do the same thing, but they just make them look different.

firstly, I believe some time ago they said there wouldn't be any more clones, so ganondorf will more than likely have an original move set.
Secondly, shiek may end up more like zero suit samus in this game, instead of being able to freely change between the two. But we'll have to wait and see, prolly not.

THE JACKEL

Crossblades
08-06-2007, 04:04 PM
New item:Smoke Ball

KH-Cloudy
08-07-2007, 05:10 AM
I think you mean disco ball =)

Markus. D
08-07-2007, 05:52 AM
Awww, I hope the quick movies don't destroy the storyline (If anyone has played Harry Potter and the Order of well... you know... etc... It all felt very rushed and disgustingly lazy).

But that little clippet was rather exciting :D!

Crossblades
08-07-2007, 04:42 PM
See Ike's special moves. One of them is very similar to Roy

ljkkjlcm9
08-07-2007, 05:35 PM
See Ike's special moves. One of them is very similar to Roy

Aether reminds me a lot of Kirby's Up+B move, except it sounds a lot better! If only it actually sapped health like in Fire Emblem. Wonder what his forward and down specials are!

THE JACKEL

KH-Cloudy
08-08-2007, 08:05 AM
Update: Kid Icarus : Underworld

BACKGROUND MUSIC :)

Roto13
08-08-2007, 08:07 AM
Oh god, that music makes me so freaking happy.

Northcrest
08-09-2007, 04:51 AM
weep weep still no Captain Falcon.

KH-Cloudy
08-09-2007, 09:27 AM
I'm sure they will put Captain Falcon in.

As for the new update..Pit's Final Smash...very interesting for me since I never played any of his games >>..Deadly sacrifices too..

Azure Chrysanthemum
08-09-2007, 09:46 AM
Samurai Goro is in as an assist Trophy. I have little doubt that Captain Falcon will be in as well.

Crossblades
08-10-2007, 07:11 PM
New item: Franklin Badge. It's a reflector item

Azure Chrysanthemum
08-10-2007, 11:00 PM
I approve of more Mother-related gear.

smily face
08-12-2007, 09:35 PM
are they really going to add snake cool!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:)

KentaRawr!
08-12-2007, 09:41 PM
You're a touch late, my friend. >_>

KH-Cloudy
08-13-2007, 08:49 AM
CHALLENGER APPROACHING

Update: Ash Kenchum(sp?) Uses only 3 Pokemom : Squirtle Ivysaur Charzard

Roto13
08-13-2007, 09:04 AM
EXCLAIMATION POINTS AND LESSTHAN-THREES

Agent Proto
08-13-2007, 09:17 AM
CHALLENGER APPROACHING

Update: Ash Kenchum(sp?) Uses only 3 Pokemom : Squirtle Ivysaur Charzard

Correction: Pokmon Trainer.

Azure Chrysanthemum
08-13-2007, 09:20 AM
The new character looks really interesting, I'm definitely going to have to give him a shot.

JKTrix
08-13-2007, 12:02 PM
It would be nifty if you could use your DS to control it :P Would also be cool if it could read data from the Pokemon Wii game to make him look like your customized trainer from that game.

*is trying to squeeeeeze value out of Pokemon Battle Revolution*

Markus. D
08-13-2007, 12:02 PM
I wonder if the costume swaps will be different trainers :D?

I reckon the idea is certainly unique :]

edit: I meant of the character's playstyle.

Crossblades
08-13-2007, 03:42 PM
The new character looks really interesting, I'm definitely going to have to give him a shot.

Ditto

Nintendo is going all out on this title =)

KH-Cloudy
08-13-2007, 05:42 PM
Haha, how much do you think they are going to make. Game is going to be at least 49.99$

SnoopyG
08-13-2007, 07:46 PM
I wonder how you move the trainer and the pokemon at the same time. Good choice of pokemon though, the original 3 that actually looks menacing.

ljkkjlcm9
08-13-2007, 07:47 PM
I wonder how you move the trainer and the pokemon at the same time. Good choice of pokemon though, the original 3 that actually looks menacing.

actually I'm quite sure the pokemon trainer is in the background, and you just control the pokemon

THE JACKEL

Azure Chrysanthemum
08-13-2007, 08:13 PM

actually I'm quite sure the pokemon trainer is in the background, and you just control the pokemon

THE JACKAL

Right. By the looks of it the trainer just moves with the pokemon and makes gestures and commands as you control the pokemon itself.

Luigidudeman
08-14-2007, 04:35 AM
I wish the trainer had Bulbasaur Charmeleon and Blastoise, I would like that better. I think this would be my second choice though. Other than that, I can't wait to see what they release tomorrow. I get so excited when I wake up every morning becasue I get to see what else is new!

tidus_rox
08-14-2007, 04:49 AM

Pft. these games suck :mad:

ljkkjlcm9
08-14-2007, 04:53 AM

well, he had to post eventually about his Nintendo hate

you can think it sucks, but that doesn't change how much Smash Bros. Melee sold, and Brawl will sell

THE JACKEL

Azure Chrysanthemum
08-14-2007, 05:31 AM

Why, exactly? They're a fun and inventive take on the fighting genre.

Oh, and please don't attribute things to me that I didn't say. Crossblades, for example, was the one who said the quote you attributed to me.

Markus. D
08-14-2007, 07:51 AM
xD...

This game will be spectacular.

50calCerberus
08-14-2007, 08:05 AM
december 3rd right...i wanna kick butt with snake:D

KH-Cloudy
08-14-2007, 08:41 AM
UPDATE: DEVIL FROM THE NES. WATCH OUT AND NEVER POINT YOUR FINGER KIDS!...oh damn caps >_<

Raebus
08-14-2007, 10:55 AM

Fail, you do. =]

This game is going to be brilliant.

Crossblades
08-14-2007, 05:19 PM

Post your nintendo hate somewhere else. >_>

Better yet, learn to actually PLAY the game before jumping to conclusions.

Roto13
08-14-2007, 06:11 PM

Post your nintendo hate somewhere else. >_>

Better yet, learn to actually PLAY the game before jumping to conclusions.

That's not the way fantards roll.

What did the Devil do in the NES game he's from?

Ouch!
08-14-2007, 07:04 PM
I can't help but get the feeling that the people who play Melee professionally and are really serious about the game are very happy with how Brawl seems to be turning out. I just get the vibe that Nintendo is targetting the more casual audience (which, granted, is far larger). This works perfectly fine for me, but I have friends who are already bitching about it.

I'm groaning at the Pokemon Trainer, by the way.

Azure Chrysanthemum
08-14-2007, 07:12 PM
I can't help but get the feeling that the people who play Melee professionally and are really serious about the game are very happy with how Brawl seems to be turning out. I just get the vibe that Nintendo is targetting the more casual audience (which, granted, is far larger). This works perfectly fine for me, but I have friends who are already bitching about it.

I'm groaning at the Pokemon Trainer, by the way.

Remember also, most professional Smash play tends to gut just about everything about the game that it's intended to be. Smash Brothers was created to be a nutty, chaotic game with items and weird, random stages and four players trying to kill each other. Tournament play tends to be quite a bit more vanilla, with Final Destination 1v1 no item matches being pretty standard. Consequently the reason I don't attend the Smash Club at my university, I tend to feel that doing this constantly sucks the fun out of it and makes it a chore instead of a game.

Also, the Pokemon Trainer seems to have some interesting mechanics that even pro players could get into. The switching and hidden stamina effect is something a really good player would have to work to master, and if the Pokemon Trainer is executed well I could see it being a good contender (although I get the feeling the switch requirement might drop it in the tiers if certain pokemon are really only good in certain situations).

JKTrix
08-14-2007, 07:14 PM

He moved the screen. The game he comes from is kind of like Pac Man, except it takes place in a frame in the middle of the screen. This frame is moved around by little creatures holding the frame at the bottom of the screen, and The Devil tells them which way to move the frame by pointing. If the player character is in the wrong place, he can get squashed by the frame.

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f128/JKTrix/devilpic.png

The history of this game is actually a little fascinating to me. This is the only game designed by Shigeru Miyamoto that hasn't been released in the US (though it came out in Europe). At the time, Nintendo America didn' (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Devil_World)t allow religious figures in their games. Go figure.

Easter Egg: Info Source link hidden in the text!

KH-Cloudy
08-15-2007, 08:24 AM
I present to you....UPDATE : STICKERS!!
Reminds me of sticky notes =P...Screenshots and comics...awesome!

Roto13
08-15-2007, 08:59 AM
I'd buy the game for the Rawk Hawk sticker.

JKTrix
08-15-2007, 12:23 PM
It would be cool if, as new Nintendo games come out, they release more stickers through downloadable content or something. Or maybe if you play the game, the save data from that game can be used to unlock the stickers in Smash Bros.

The developers obviously favour the Gamecube buttons.

Jessweeee♪
08-15-2007, 06:31 PM

He moved the screen. The game he comes from is kind of like Pac Man, except it takes place in a frame in the middle of the screen. This frame is moved around by little creatures holding the frame at the bottom of the screen, and The Devil tells them which way to move the frame by pointing. If the player character is in the wrong place, he can get squashed by the frame.

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f128/JKTrix/devilpic.png

The history of this game is actually a little fascinating to me. This is the only game designed by Shigeru Miyamoto that hasn't been released in the US (though it came out in Europe). At the time, Nintendo America didn' (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Devil_World)t allow religious figures in their games. Go figure.

Easter Egg: Info Source link hidden in the text!

I live in the US and I've played it n.n

You has to gets all of the crosses and put them in the middle I thinks.

I got this little thingamabob shaped like an N64 controller that was supposed to have over 75,000 retro games in it, but really it had about thirty repeated over and over and over, sometimes with different names XD

JKTrix
08-15-2007, 06:56 PM
I played it a little yesterday after I found out about it. Weird thing is that everything is in English, though it's a Japanese game. It's kind of dumb, no big loss that it never came out. Nifty bit of history though.

KH-Cloudy
08-16-2007, 08:11 AM
Update: Tether Recovery. A technique that uses the character's grappling hook/plasma whip.

Roto13
08-16-2007, 08:18 AM
That's not new. :P

KH-Cloudy
08-16-2007, 08:25 AM
Well.....don't blame me! I'm just casually updating/bumping this thread. Blame someone else Nintendo for not recognizing sooner or just updating it for the newbs, not n00bs or noobs.

KentaRawr!
08-16-2007, 02:27 PM
Heh, another Smash Bros. Brawl site seems to update daily.

Smash Bros. MOJO!! (http://mojo.rick-gardiner.com/index.html)

Todays update was Jirachi, whom according to the site does absolutely nothing. I guess it's making fun of Mew in Melee and 64.

Markus. D
08-16-2007, 04:17 PM
Update: Tether Recovery. A technique that uses the character's grappling hook/plasma whip.

Maybe it will be more useful this time ._.

JKTrix
08-16-2007, 06:52 PM
I was a master of the Hookshot save in Melee. I don't see how it could be more useful this time around though.

KentaRawr!
08-16-2007, 07:26 PM
Maybe they made it longer? Or maybe quicker? o_o Either that, or they made it so that it locks on to the tip of the ledge.

Craig
08-16-2007, 07:52 PM
Maybe they made it longer? Or maybe quicker? o_o Either that, or they made it so that it locks on to the tip of the ledge.

I think that's the case.

Markus. D
08-17-2007, 02:03 AM
Well yay :3

Roto13
08-17-2007, 08:06 AM
Peach is playable? Who knew?

KH-Cloudy
08-17-2007, 08:12 AM
How dare you! I was about to update us :P. Darn KH : CoM >_>

Update : Peach...everything is the same about her except she will get a Final Smash

JKTrix
08-17-2007, 12:32 PM
Despite already being a shoo-in for the game, she was already revealed in that Single Player video a week or so ago. Easy update for them this time, kind of anticlimactic for the end of the week.

KH-Cloudy
08-20-2007, 08:08 AM
WOOO!! My favorite update of all :). Update time: LINK's SPECIAL MOVES!
Improved boomerang, now called Gale Boomerang
Hero's bow, same as SSBM
Bombs, same as SSBM
Spin attack!! Now chargeable.
Improved grab, it is now a Clawshot. Aims for the nearest edge.

Boo ya!

Roto13
08-20-2007, 08:18 AM
Yay, the Clawshot and the Gale Boomerang! They were both a lot of fun in Twilight Princess. <3

Craig
08-20-2007, 06:00 PM
I'm 50-50 about the boomerang.

On one hand, it is definately much cooler, on the other hand I got so used to the boomerang before and I couldn't fault it.

But this will probably be a change for the better so yeah, forget I said anything.

Roto13
08-21-2007, 08:11 AM
More about the story of the story mode. Guest appearances by ROB and Petey Piranha. :P

Markus. D
08-21-2007, 10:46 AM
Petey's roar was unexpectedly SCARY!

KH-Cloudy
08-21-2007, 05:17 PM
Heh, subspace army. Seems fun to pwn :)

SnoopyG
08-21-2007, 05:36 PM
they look fun to beat

are the subspace army from any game though?

KentaRawr!
08-21-2007, 08:32 PM
Nope.

ljkkjlcm9
08-22-2007, 12:13 PM
Yay Diddy Kong!!!!!

THE JACKEL

JKTrix
08-22-2007, 03:07 PM
http://www.thetanooki.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/08/070822smash2.jpg
+
http://www.cristalab.com/images/blog/fusion.jpg
=
?

Crossblades
08-22-2007, 03:12 PM
I was kinda expecting Diddy Kong to be in this game. Nintendo had to put him in sooner or later.

http://www.thetanooki.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/08/070822smash2.jpg
+
http://www.cristalab.com/images/blog/fusion.jpg
=
?

Diddy's probably just taunting the enemy. Nothing more

Roto13
08-22-2007, 07:49 PM
Boo, Diddy Kong. >:(

KH-Cloudy
08-22-2007, 09:59 PM
What time did it update o.o

Diddy Kong will...seem crazy

Bolivar
08-22-2007, 10:31 PM
i'm so glad my friend just got a Wii. This is gonna be World War when this game comes out.

Evastio
08-23-2007, 01:32 AM
It's about time Diddy Kong made it in a Super Smash Bros. Game. Even though he isn't one of my most favourite Nintendo characters.

Personally I was thinking they'd put in King K. Rool or Cranky Kong as a Donkey Kong Series Character update. Yeah Cranky might be a weird character to put in but it would sure be funny being him.

SnoopyG
08-23-2007, 01:38 AM
I hope Diddy still has his peanut pistols

KH-Cloudy
08-23-2007, 08:06 AM
TWO Updates: Yoshi final smash and a song from Animal Crossing.