PDA

View Full Version : The Invincible disappointed me...

Peter_20
05-18-2007, 12:13 AM
A while ago I was about to board the Invincible for the first time, and while I admit that it does have a great interior, I found it a major disappointment in other aspects.
First of all, it moves like a snail; I frequently find myself riding the Nautilus instead, which is a damn sight faster.
It also has to use some temporary boost or whatever in order to cross mountains, and this boost only works on very small mountain ridges.
Why can't it just cross over the mountains all the time?
I also thought embarking it was an unnecessary hassle: it works a lot like the Big Whale from FF4.

The Invincible is great in many ways (yay free healing), but it lacks in too much to receive a very high score from me.
I say it's a 7/10.

Captain Maxx Power
05-18-2007, 05:50 PM
I had an Enterprise once. But then I ran into a rock and broke it. :(

Bolivar
05-18-2007, 06:51 PM
yeah it's alot slower than the nautilis, but i find it adequate. The air support also helps in battles. other airships didn't do that, except in X. With the interior shops and resting quarters, it's alot more like a mobile base-of-operations than an airship.

Sefie1999AD
05-18-2007, 11:50 PM
I think the Invincible is one of the better airships in the FF series, but it still has some weaknesses. First, it's quite slow, and second, while it's better at crossing mountains than other airships in FFIII, it still isn't that good at it. However, the Invincible also has some great features: excellent theme music, free inn, several shops, a cannon to help you in battles (although it didn't help much in the NES version) and the Fat Chocobo. :p

Peter_20
05-19-2007, 06:37 AM
I had an Enterprise once. But then I ran into a rock and broke it. :(It's all according to the plot, though, and the Nautilus is faster. :)

*pats on head*