PDA

View Full Version : I started a new game...

TheUsualSuspect
05-18-2007, 07:35 AM
Who wants to join me?!? Im currently on my way to visit Edgar for the first time, so its not to late to catch up. Start a new game and post your progress on the forum and once I get further along I'll start posting about random stuff along the way, also I started the old PS1 version...I didnt feel like breaking out the old SNES FF3 version. If you have the GBA (I don't own it yet) thats legit too, but I read about new Espers and Spells. :confused: And remaking video games is like the only thing in ever conservative about. :eep: They just need to speed the loading transition between the worldmap/dungeons and the battle sceens. FFX was pretty good at this and FF12 phased it out all together, but I do notice that the PS1 version does take a few seconds to load. So actually the point of that rant is that if someone has the GBA version and the transition between walking around and fight sceens is fast...it might be worth just getting that. Ok ok so first start a new game get going on that, then let me know if the GBA version has better 'load time' between battles. Looking forward to reflecting on the story/gameplay as the game goes on. :tongue:

Thanks,
TheUsualSuspect

Jowy
05-18-2007, 04:30 PM
GBA version has no load times whatsoever. The only gripe I have with it is that the sound isn't as good. But hey, the opera sounds better.

sephirothishere
05-20-2007, 10:34 PM
ungh?! opera was great in teh snes version kthxxx...

TheUsualSuspect
05-22-2007, 01:28 AM
Sorry it took so long to reply... I went out and I did get the FF6 Advanced and I must say i'm quite impressed. The new names for the items are more fitting and the new dialog is much better and far more cohesive than the old one. I'm diggin the Beastiary as its more interactive than the PS1 version. I'm already in the World of Ruin and have all the characters so I'm on and off training my guys and Esper hunting. I've played FF6 when it was FF3 on SNES, FF6 on PS1, and now on GBA (I use my Gamecube to get it on TV). I have never payed much attention to the Stat Bonus given by the Espers in the past but now that I am while training I'm noticing it take effect more and more. I'll post more when I get closer to the end.