PDA

View Full Version : Haste. Who do you cast it on first?

Vivisteiner
05-18-2007, 10:37 AM
I have followed the Lord Psychotic's request...

Oh, I thought this topic would be about whether you cast haste on the person who attacks first, or the person who casts haste first.

I always do it on the person who casts haste first.

Goldenboko
05-18-2007, 11:57 AM
Who casts it, it makes it easier to cast it again (unless this is FFI where talking about)

Meat Puppet
05-18-2007, 01:26 PM
People actually use haste?

Bunny
05-18-2007, 01:32 PM
I don't really use haste unless I really really need it or until I have hastaga. Usually it goes on the person casting it followed by my main attacker.

Slothy
05-18-2007, 02:25 PM

Yes, some of us do. Then again, I'm all about the status affecting magic most of the time. It just makes like easier.

I always cast it on the haste caste first until I get Hastega. It just makes good sense to me.

Formalhaut
05-19-2007, 06:34 PM
Um... On the Haste Caster, Most of the time, you want Haste on all characters so on caster. Until Hastega of corse...hehe

ValiantKnight
05-19-2007, 06:48 PM
This could depend on the FF involved.

FF1 Haste did nothing for turn speed, only number of attacks.

Therefore casting haste on black mage/wizard... did not really help.
But if you are talking about whether hasting the "haster" to make him "haste others faster" is better than hasting a "fighter" to do more damage quicker... well I don't know. I always hasted the haster first.

The black mage
05-20-2007, 03:33 PM
always the caster so it takes less time.
exsept when i have hastarga, or when its ff1.

Psychotic
05-20-2007, 04:15 PM
Sweet! :thumb:
People actually use haste?FFX made me realise how beautiful a spell haste truly is.

This is a dilemma which has always puzzled me. I simply don't know who to cast it on first! In FFV, my most recent FF playthrough, my pink-haired Time Mage would cast haste on everyone else first, before casting it on herself, but in FFXII (the previous FF playthrough) Ashe usually hasted herself up first.

I just don't know what to do!

Jaffamitsu
05-20-2007, 06:10 PM
I think playing FFX is a must have to cast Hastega on the whole party when fighting dark aeons and penance..and a few monster arena monsters...

Slothy
05-20-2007, 06:45 PM
This is a dilemma which has always puzzled me. I simply don't know who to cast it on first! In FFV, my most recent FF playthrough, my pink-haired Time Mage would cast haste on everyone else first, before casting it on herself, but in FFXII (the previous FF playthrough) Ashe usually hasted herself up first.

I just don't know what to do!

If you cast it on the caster first then it takes less time to cast it on everyone else. You'll probably get it cast on your entire party faster than if you went with everyone else first. Granted, I've never looked up the stats or anything to proove it, but it always seems faster when I do it that way.

rubah
05-20-2007, 06:54 PM
definitely the haste caster. That way everyone gets faster quicker.

UNLESS I know I can destroy an enemy pretty quick with such as a limit break and it would destroy me first if I waited.

Dreddz
05-21-2007, 02:29 AM
Having haste on my party is my first priority.

Yuffie514
05-21-2007, 07:13 AM
i rarely use it, although it's quite frequent in Final Fantasy VIII and Final Fantasy X with Hastega. usually it would be the caster or the most useful person in the party.

Jowy
05-21-2007, 03:35 PM
Casting Haste, tch. I always just go for accessories or gear that permanently grant it.

That being said, I'd cast it on my mages first to get more damage punched out. And then have it cast on everyone else. Or just use Hastega.

NeoCracker
05-22-2007, 09:22 AM
In 4, I'd Haste first Cecil then Edge, then either Berserk them with my white Mage, or have them berserk themselves with items, (OF course when I think about it, it may have been HAste self with HErmes shoes, then have Rosa bersker them, since I now Can't remember a self inducing Berserk Item)

In V, VI, VII, and VIII I never used it. With the Right Spells Junctioned, you don't really need Haste in VIII (Though my memory is a bit shoddy, so I could be wrong on that front.)

IX I hasted the Caster first. X was all about Hasteaga.