PDA

View Full Version : Exams

James Leopold
05-18-2007, 11:41 AM
I had my last day of school yesterday and my exams are starting next tuesday (1st one is English Literature)
I was just wondering if there's anyone in the same position as me and how they're dealing with revision.
Are you confident or pessimistic?

Sergeant Hartman
05-18-2007, 11:45 AM
I just did my first one, quite confident I did well in it.

Faris
05-18-2007, 12:22 PM
I have my exams next month. Usually when I go into a science or math exam I feel pretty confident. However, when I have an English exam I don't have much confidence. Writing an essay and doing a sight passage within two hours isn't something I'm an expert at.

Christmas
05-18-2007, 02:39 PM
YOU SHOULD HAVE READ THE STORY I WROTE FOR MY EXAM! :bigsmile:

louby_4eva
05-18-2007, 03:54 PM
I had my final exam two days ago. I always try to be optimistic about exams, I revise pretty much non stop the week before, but I always get that sickly feeling in my belly like I'm on a rollercoaster.
For four days in a row I revised for at least 5 hours each day. My brain nearly exploded, but it's over now. Good luck to whoever has any exams coming up :D :D :D

Smile and Be happy :love:

Tallulah
05-18-2007, 04:05 PM
Been there, done that...

Call me masochistic, but I actually enjoyed doing my English exams, especially for GCSE and my A Levels (second attempt), as well as my Media Studies A Level. Basically, it was because I knew the material (we were allowed two A4 sides of notes into one of the Media Studies level, and if you wrote small, those notes could be pretty comprehensive! ;) ) I have a flair for English, so most of the papers were easy for me.

So the advice I can give is know your material, and get lots of sleep the night before. And above all, good luck! :P

Breine
05-19-2007, 12:29 PM
I have my first exam on Tuesday as well, which is a written exam in Danish Essay, after that I have to take an exam in English Essay and German Essay Thursday and Friday. Then I have four oral exams left: English, History, Danish and Classical Civilization/Studies.. I envy you Americans! - your exams are a lot easier than ours... :mad:

Jessweeee♪
05-22-2007, 03:27 AM
I'm exempt from all of mine B)

I didn't have to go to the orthodontist, so I didn't have any absences, so I can get straight C's and not take any tests.

Well, I didn't dress out, so I may have to take my Gym exam, but who cares about gym. DDR is better than the track anyway.

Hambone
05-22-2007, 06:07 AM
My last day of 7th grade is on Wednesday. :( I've taken my Math and Science exams already and I exempted Texas History. That just leaves Language Arts, which happens to be my best subject and comes easiest. (Yay for me being a son of an editor) OMG. I just remembered something. We are dissecting frogs tomorrow in science as our last experiment! Yay frog guts! Yay 7th grade!

SY_Hepcat
05-22-2007, 12:34 PM
Got my first A level (A2) on the 5th o' June. They shouldn't be too bad as long as I revise; dreadin history though!!!

Quindiana Jones
05-22-2007, 05:12 PM
My exams started....almost two weeks ago. I just did my English Lit. today.

It really was a piece of piss. I managed to get the two questions I'd already revised in some sense. Awesome-licious. I know I should revise more, but I don't.

Zeldy
05-22-2007, 05:18 PM
My last two weeks (http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j20/Dynasty__2006/img028.jpg) have been nothing but bloody exams.

I actually did my English Lit GCSE today, and I'm only in Year 10. English is my favourite subject, and I was chosen to do it a year early as I'm a big English nerd, really. It was easy!

Jessweeee♪
05-22-2007, 05:19 PM
I'm so bored right now...I think I'd really rather take the exams u.u

lecreatiflulu
05-22-2007, 05:25 PM
I just had my English Lit. today.
I was dreading it, even though I revised (what I think was) alot.
But afterwards it seemed OK. I'm just glad it's over with :D. I'd rather have a science or maths exam anyday.

Little Blue
05-22-2007, 05:38 PM
I've got my first exam tomorrow. Three hours of Classical Mechanics and Relativity, Optics and Waves and Quantum Mechanics... I've got three more next week and a final three hour exam the monday after that. I miss GCSE's...

James Leopold
05-22-2007, 06:36 PM
I did my Eng Lit GCSE today too, it was a lot easier than I expected, I wrote about 9 and a half pages.
I had to do an IT exam after that, had and hour and a half to do it, finished it in 40 minutes.
What a drag.

Sergeant Hartman
05-22-2007, 06:44 PM
Anyone had to study Of Mice and Men?

Jess
05-22-2007, 08:06 PM
I did my exams last year. I've never found exams really stressful, just make sure to make time for yourself to relax to save yourself getting really stressed out and make sure you get plenty of sleep. :jess:

To revise I'd just read through work, make notes of things I found difficult and re-read. :jess: