PDA

View Full Version : Tokio Hotel

Essência
05-18-2007, 07:06 PM
Anyone knows tokio hotel?? I know them for a while, they're great!

Ok, lets admit, Bill is a bit err ... but cute:)

What do you think of their songs??:) please reaply

Ouch!
05-18-2007, 11:09 PM
They're absolutely terrible. "Durch Den Monsun" is perhaps the most annoying song I've ever heard, and "Rette Mich" doesn't do much better. I've never heard any of the English versions of their songs, and I never will. They're painful enough in German, I can't imagine how bad they'd be after being butchered in translation to English.

Shiny
05-19-2007, 03:00 AM
Um, I'm going to have to agree with Ouch!. Their music is not too spectacular. I tried to be open-minded to them, but they were just too horrible. Then I came to realize that most of their appeal was in their looks and not the music.

Rengori
05-19-2007, 09:12 AM
I've never heard of them.

Breine
05-19-2007, 12:36 PM
Ugh! Their popularity in Germany, which is where they're from, has somehow spread to Denmark and other parts of Europe - and now I hear that they're taking English lessons to make an English album... Oh God!

I remember first hearing them on German MTV when I was visiting family living in Germany, and I seriously at first thought that the lead singer was a girl... I swear I still do sometimes - Anyway, Germans don't really have the best general taste in music (Boybands, girlbands, DJ Ötzi, Scooter, EuroPop etc. etc.) other than Rammstein and Tokio Hotel definitely doesn't make it better. I can't see what wannabe-goth pre-teenage girls see in them?

Essência
05-19-2007, 08:23 PM
lol I have to agree with they speaking english, it really sucks, and yeah, bills seems woman with long hair. Its pitty, because he has a prettyface. I think "Durch den Monsun" is a good song, as "Schrei":)

Croyles
05-20-2007, 08:24 PM
Ive put a bounty of 10 million euros on their heads. The treatment bill for cracked ear drums (the music + screaming 14 year old German girls) over the next 3 years will surpass that so its well worth it.

My country really doesnt have a good general music taste. David Hasselhoff lässt grüssen!

Essência
05-20-2007, 11:03 PM
what do you mean by that? Guano apes was the best band ever!

Discord
05-21-2007, 01:26 AM
Ugh! Their popularity in Germany, which is where they're from, has somehow spread to Denmark and other parts of Europe - and now I hear that they're taking English lessons to make an English album... Oh God!

I remember first hearing them on German MTV when I was visiting family living in Germany, and I seriously at first thought that the lead singer was a girl... I swear I still do sometimes - Anyway, Germans don't really have the best general taste in music (Boybands, girlbands, DJ Ötzi, Scooter, EuroPop etc. etc.) other than Rammstein and Tokio Hotel definitely doesn't make it better. I can't see what wannabe-goth pre-teenage girls see in them?

To clarify, most Germans hate Tokyo Hotel till their very guts. At least those of them who didn't start getting PMS two month ago. For those who don't know them:

http://blogs.dhd24.com/uploads/353/344353/32058_preview.jpg

I can't stand them a single little bit and they're even lower on my personal list than Paris Hilton and Michael Jackson.:mad2: Sorry.:(

Breine
05-21-2007, 09:21 AM
lol I have to agree with they speaking english, it really sucks, and yeah, bills seems woman with long hair. Its pitty, because he has a prettyface. I think "Durch den Monsun" is a good song, as "Schrei":)

Having long hair doesn't necessarily make you look like a woman - I have long hair as well :P He just generally looks very female-y.

Croyles
05-21-2007, 12:48 PM

To clarify, most Germans hate Tokyo Hotel till their very guts. At least those of them who didn't start getting PMS two month ago. For those who don't know them:

Well yes true. Personally, I have never met anyone who actually likes Tokio Hotel, but their fan base IS huge. But seeing as how I dont have any 14 year old female friends, no wonder I havnt met anyone who likes them.

what do you mean by that? Guano apes was the best band ever!
Yes, Guano Apes were cool. I remember 'Open your eyes' particular well. There are many other cool German bands and artists, its just that the majority of what is shown internationally of Germany's taste of music, is, well...... absolute rubbish.

Essência
05-21-2007, 04:58 PM

Having long hair doesn't necessarily make you look like a woman - I have long hair as well :P He just generally looks very female-y.

Err lol . In this case, the fact of Bill having long hair makes him looking a girl. And sorry, I didnt mean that every guys that have long hair seems women, because they dont lol *my bad*. And HELL YEAH! Guano apes were really great, but they break out, and Sandra Nasic said that she was realising a new cd but I dont see nothing. :confused: :cry:
Anyway, I dont understand german so I cant know the lyrics of Tokio Hotel, but the sound is good, to my opinion, and I dont have 14 years :)

Discord
05-21-2007, 08:16 PM

Err lol . In this case, the fact of Bill having long hair makes him looking a girl. And sorry, I didnt mean that every guys that have long hair seems women, because they dont lol *my bad*. And HELL YEAH! Guano apes were really great, but they break out, and Sandra Nasic said that she was realising a new cd but I dont see nothing. :confused: :cry:
Anyway, I dont understand german so I cant know the lyrics of Tokio Hotel, but the sound is good, to my opinion, and I dont have 14 years :)

I don't think it's the hair... *points at coloured eye-lids and feminine stature*

Believe me, you're just lucky that you don't know what they're singing about...

Well yes true. Personally, I have never met anyone who actually likes Tokio Hotel, but their fan base IS huge. But seeing as how I dont have any 14 year old female friends, no wonder I havnt met anyone who likes them.

That's funny. Nor have I.

Markus. D
05-21-2007, 08:28 PM
I've heard Spring Nitch.

the like to rhyme I gather?

Essência
05-23-2007, 05:09 PM
wtf ?? lol