PDA

View Full Version : How can you be so strong!?!?!

Shattered Dreamer
05-18-2007, 08:46 PM
Im having trouble beating the mark Fafnir can anyone help me please its really starting to annoy me:mad2::cry: . Its not the White Breath, the Sleepaga or his physical strength, its the fact I dont seem to be making much of a dent to his HP:mad: & my characters cause around 3000 damage per physical attack.Damn that stupid Wyrm son of a biscuit!

Cap'n Basch
05-18-2007, 08:58 PM
If you want a slightly easier way to approach the battle, kit everyone out in Mirror Mail and move out of range of his physicals (set your healing Gambits to use X-Potions). He will still spam spells, which will naturally bounce to either damage him or to no net effect. If you can keep out of his way but have the group close enough together to get area effect spells, Self: Scathe or if you don't have that Self: Thundaga (Fafnir, being an ice monster, is thunder-weak) is a fairly effective way to do large damage quickly.

This was my "lazy man's way" of doing the battle.

Shattered Dreamer
05-18-2007, 09:06 PM
Where can I buy Mirror mail sold mine ages ago & what part of the area is best for staying out of his range?

Cap'n Basch
05-18-2007, 09:11 PM
The best way to get Mirror Mail is not to buy it, but to chain Mirror Knights in the Feywood. From the sounds of it, the EXP will still be worth your time and the loot you get can be sold for a hefty sum of gil. If you want to just get on with it, I think the store in Archades/Phon Coast sells Mirror Mail.

There isn't really a "best area" to my recollection, you're just moving to the opposite side of the screen of him while making sure you can still hit with Magick. Fafnir is incredibly slow, so you should never find it difficult to keep out of his way, especially if no one is actually bothering to attack properly.

Shattered Dreamer
05-18-2007, 09:43 PM
Cheers I'll give that a try, the Mirror Knight way is probably best some of my characters more need leveling up, I set the gambits so they will keep there distance I'll let you know if it works

JAS4Yeshua
05-18-2007, 10:02 PM
Sounds like a good plan. I had a pain of a time with defeating him. I always kept one of my team away from the others, so that at least one person was always unaffected by sleep or the white breath. Beyond that, I don't remember what else I did to defeat him, but I do remember it was a pain.

Hazzard
05-19-2007, 11:42 AM
The best and easiest way to beat Fafnir, is by casting: Ally>Reflectga on all party members, for one character to be using. Then make sure all of them have this: Ally>Reflect>Thundaga So that you will be casting multiple thunder attacks on yourself, and your own party members. It would rebound several times, and eventually hit the Fafnir for a high amount of hit points. Keep a safe distance away from it, and it's spells will not harm you. It will also stop doing physical attacks later on in battle. It will gradually begin to die, and the battle is fairly easy.

Shattered Dreamer
05-29-2007, 09:37 PM
I still haven't beat him, I at level 75 with Vaan & level 59 with everyone else what level would I need to be to simply over power him.I'm using Maximilian armour on everyone,demon shield so their defences are good. I know he aint that strong but he is just really really annoying.

Cap'n Basch
05-29-2007, 10:19 PM
Mirror Mail didn't work? Surprising. And I think you should have realised by now brute force doesn't work well on Fafnir.

An alternative strategy (the one a friend of mine used) involves having the tank equip weapons and armour to maximise evasion and then cast Decoy on that character. Fafnir focusses on that character only and as long as they're close, it'll waste its time trying to hit him and missing over and over.

JAS4Yeshua
05-29-2007, 10:24 PM
Mirror Mail didn't work? Surprising. And I think you should have realised by now brute force doesn't work well on Fafnir.
I used brute force against him. I had Reddas in my party at the time as well. Kept one person away from my other three as much as possible to keep the group status affects from hitting every character. It was a royal pain in the rear, but I was successful. If I had to do it over again, I would definately choose a different method.

Shattered Dreamer
06-01-2007, 05:26 PM
I finally beat Fafnir this morning:D :D The Scathe reflectaga combo helped alot but my success was owed to the Masamune which I only got yesterday. Vaan at level 77 each time he attacked would hit for at least 3000 damage between 3-7 times. Reflect also meant everytime it used Shock it hurt itself. Felt so good to beat him.