PDA

View Full Version : End of Disk 1

James Leopold
05-19-2007, 11:19 AM
How does Squall survive the icicle?
I remember him waking up in prison with no wound, but i don't remember an explanation on how that happened.
Anyone know?

MJN SEIFER
05-19-2007, 11:22 AM
I think Edea did a cure on him. Take note on how he was qustioned later - She still needed him so he couldn't die yet.

Comet
05-19-2007, 03:04 PM
What's very weird is that in battle mode, Squall and the party always get hit by fire, thunder, etc. So rememeber, one little piece of ice cannot kill him...

Discord
05-20-2007, 09:18 PM
What's very weird is that in battle mode, Squall and the party always get hit by fire, thunder, [planets] etc. So rememeber, one little piece of ice cannot kill him...

Maybe he just faked it.:tongue:

A punched through lung isn't really that deadly if treated properly.

Prancing Mad
05-20-2007, 09:57 PM
Yeah that's why you have two lungs duh!

Tallulah
05-25-2007, 05:11 PM
The Ice Strike (incidentally Edea's Limit Break) probably hit Squall in between the arm and torso, so it was kind of under his arm, like in a stage production of Hamlet...? :p

So that's why he survived! XD

leader of mortals
05-26-2007, 04:11 PM
And remember how he fell off the edge and they made it look like a really, really long fall, when he was only on top of that one float edea was riding

gothic_fantasy
05-26-2007, 04:18 PM
Well if Edea could suvive being chopped repeatedly by Squall's gunblade, shot by Irvine, smacked by Rinoa's projectile, burnt to a crisp by Ifrit, crushed by Brothers and electrocuted by Quezacotl then I'm sure Squall can survive a measly piece of ice through his vital organs.

ragnosica
05-26-2007, 06:58 PM
you forgot artillery-bombed by Alexander:tongue:

gothic_fantasy
05-28-2007, 06:34 AM
You don't have Alexander yet then, fool :-D

Meat Puppet
05-28-2007, 08:43 AM
I thought he was dead. It was exciting. So I put in the second to see how this is dealt with, and next thing I know, the bastard is still alive. What an anticlimax. Kind of like Cid in FFIV. Or whatever.

Shotgunnova
05-29-2007, 08:36 AM
Yeah, it's a mentally tough squeeze to say a single sniper slug is going to kill Edea, when Squall gets hit by a bigger, spikier, icier projectile and gets outta the scrape without much harm. Well, what fun would it be if he died on Disc 1?

(lots)

Big D
05-29-2007, 09:07 AM
Stabbed through the shoulder with a narrow blade of ice... not too serious a wound, though people have died from less. Edea would've just Cured him, so that Seifer could have more Squall to enjoy interrogate him fully without the disadvantage of a life-threatening wound.

ragnosica
05-29-2007, 01:22 PM
i thought it had passed through his heart:eek:

Big D
05-29-2007, 09:22 PM
i thought it had passed through his heart:eek:No-one keeps their heart in their left shoulder:)

Polaris
05-29-2007, 09:40 PM
I tought it was in the stomach! But I saw no blood so it was cool! :cool: Of course the hero couldn't die.... Actually he can but then who'd be the hero?? Zell.. -.-"
Anyway I was a bit suprised for the suspence (I can't right english today :rolleyes2)

cloud21zidane16
05-29-2007, 09:56 PM
i thought it had passed through his heart:eek:No-one keeps their heart in their left shoulder:)

give it a few years:D the worlds getting stranger by the day:)

MJN SEIFER
05-29-2007, 10:22 PM
You know something, I like Squall and all, but I just thought maybe having a FF where the Main dies might be an interesting plot device.

Not just before disk 2. That's too early but like, I dunno maybe somewhere before the final disk?

We have this guy (Or girl if you prefer) and you start with him/her and like normal s/he's the first one you are and s/he finds the other characters who join him/her. Basically doing what all "Mains" do.

Then much later in the game s/he dies in dramatic moment, leaving the other characters to save the world with out s/he who took them this far, and probably sorted out a few of their problems.

It would be pretty neat.

Note: If this is too OT please say and I will copy this to another thread. (Don't delete until I copy though!!)

Jessweeee♪
05-30-2007, 01:12 AM
I thought he was dead. It was exciting. So I put in the second to see how this is dealt with, and next thing I know, the bastard is still alive. What an anticlimax. Kind of like Cid nearly every character in FFIV. Or whatever.

Big D
05-30-2007, 01:16 AM
You know something, I like Squall and all, but I just thought maybe having a FF where the Main dies might be an interesting plot device.

Not just before disk 2. That's too early but like, I dunno maybe somewhere before the final disk?

We have this guy (Or girl if you prefer) and you start with him/her and like normal s/he's the first one you are and s/he finds the other characters who join him/her. Basically doing what all "Mains" do.

Then much later in the game s/he dies in dramatic moment, leaving the other characters to save the world with out s/he who took them this far, and probably sorted out a few of their problems.

It would be pretty neat.

Note: If this is too OT please say and I will copy this to another thread. (Don't delete until I copy though!!)I think you're onto something there - the sudden death of a major character can be real shock and a great twist, whether it happens in the middle of a story or at the end. It really helps to highlight the arbitrary, sudden nature of violence, and to remind the player that such a fate can befall anyone. This has been done well in movies: in Pulp Fiction, when Vinnie is shot by Butch, and the audience only really has a moment to register the fact that a leading character has been killed, and The Departed, in which most of the main characters are executed with unceremonies, wanton callousness at the end.

I'd guess that Galuf's death in FFV comes fairly close to this, but he was never the main character.

Xaven
06-04-2007, 05:51 AM
I think you're onto something there - the sudden death of a major character can be real shock and a great twist, whether it happens in the middle of a story or at the end. It really helps to highlight the arbitrary, sudden nature of violence, and to remind the player that such a fate can befall anyone. This has been done well in movies: in Pulp Fiction, when Vinnie is shot by Butch, and the audience only really has a moment to register the fact that a leading character has been killed, and The Departed, in which most of the main characters are executed with unceremonies, wanton callousness at the end.

I'd guess that Galuf's death in FFV comes fairly close to this, but he was never the main character.
Aeris is a corpse. :]