PDA

View Full Version : Pans Labyrinth

Fonzie
05-19-2007, 05:25 PM
I've wanted to see this movie for weeks now, but keep missing out finding the DVD. Has anyone gotten to see it yet?

Ouch!
05-19-2007, 05:35 PM
I saw it when it was in theaters. It's fantastic. Incredibly weird and messed up, but fantastic.

41-Inches-Wide
05-19-2007, 05:40 PM
This thread has inspired me to watch the movie tomorrow!

voodoo_truelove
05-19-2007, 06:09 PM
:) Its a great film, quite bloody in some places, Its wierd and wonderful, deffinantly get hold of the dvd somehow, watched it last week, loved it

Araciel
05-19-2007, 08:02 PM
i would say it's so-so...the only things i was really impressed with were the satyr character himeslf, as well as the special effects

escobert
05-19-2007, 08:02 PM
I saw the first 30 minutes or so and it was really weird but cool. I was smoking too much to really pay attention.

Necronopticous
05-19-2007, 08:07 PM
I was fortunate enough to see it in theatres. Easily one of the best adult-targeted fantasy movies ever made. Ophelia is so cute.

Rengori
05-19-2007, 09:33 PM
I saw it in theaters. It's an excellent film, just know the movie spends more time on the real world then the fantasy world.

James Leopold
05-19-2007, 09:46 PM
i'm watching it right now
it's funny theres a woman called Mercedes

Germ Hamee
05-19-2007, 09:52 PM
I saw it in theaters and really enjoyed it. I bought it on DVD immediately, since it was conveniently released the same day as The Fountain. Oddly enough, I have little desire to rewatch it. I don't know. I remember raving about it, but it hasn't turned out to be an incredibly memorable movie for me.

Araciel
05-19-2007, 10:42 PM

WTF

Kossage
05-19-2007, 11:22 PM
Pan's Labyrinth was a surprisingly good movie although I was expecting it to be more brutal than it turned out to be (still, there were some nasty scenes which gave weight and danger to the story in an appropriate way). The actors did a good job (particularly Ivana Baquero as Ofelia and Sergi López as Captain Vidal), the cinematography was excellent with great use of images of allegorical value, all the sets looked fantastic, the narrative worked quite well (albeit it had some flaws, but the overall thing was fine), and the ending was quite touching.

The Faun and the Pale Man were particular highlights, and I have to give credit to Doug Jones for portraying them so well. The score by Javier Navarrete was quite beautiful and haunting with great orchestral and choral stuff, and that lullaby theme was very memorable and sweet (with enough dark undertone in it to foreshadow certain things in the movie).

So, all in all I enjoyed the movie quite a bit. It's definitely one of del Toro's best movies where things just "clicked" in a good way, and the soundtrack was one of the best of 2006. :)

*ETERNAL FANTASY*
05-20-2007, 04:41 AM
Beautiful film and so many levels...music, visuals, story (which itself is layered)!

kikimm
05-20-2007, 05:36 AM
I was expecting something a lot different than what I saw, but I did like the movie. Not as much as I would have hoped, but it was good, a few scenes in particular. Like the Pale Man, as Kossage mentioned. That was so...I'm not sure what it was about that scene, but I really enjoyed it. It was terrifying!

I'm glad I saw it in theaters. :)

Ko Ko
05-20-2007, 06:50 AM
My friend had it in spanish, so I watched it a few months past. The movie, I loved it, but it had the scariest child-eating monster ever.

Yamaneko
05-20-2007, 07:24 AM
It took itself way too seriously. I'd rather they focused even more on the civil war aspect. Cheesy ending. Good cinematography.

Rostum
05-20-2007, 07:28 AM

Why is that funny?

Anyways, I really liked this movie and I even have the soundtrack.

Meat Puppet
05-20-2007, 07:33 AM
You mean like the car? That is too ridiculous!

Yamaneko
05-20-2007, 07:34 AM
You mean like the car maker's daughter?

Araciel
05-20-2007, 01:45 PM
My friend had it in spanish, so I watched it a few months past. The movie, I loved it, but it had the scariest child-eating monster ever.

i tooootally forgot about that guy! it was so cool how he had murals of the atrocities in his dining room!

yeah he was cool.

Breine
05-20-2007, 04:55 PM
It's definitely one of the best movies I've seen in years... and I watch a lot of movies!

voodoo_truelove
05-20-2007, 05:03 PM
ugh he doesnt only eat children, he eats fairies aswell:eek: yeah but is a great film, not what i expected it to be