PDA

View Full Version : Balthier Rocks's Al bhed Challenge!

Formalhaut
05-19-2007, 06:57 PM
with the help of my translator, can you get these Words... 3 points for 1st poster with correct awnser, 1 for 2nd, and 0 for every body else:tongue:

1. Aoac uh Vehym Vyhdyco nimac

Table
~
~
~
~

Renmiri
05-19-2007, 07:09 PM
Eyes on Final Fantasy rules

Ehtaat ed tuac

Formalhaut
05-19-2007, 07:43 PM
Well done Renmiri! You get 3 points!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Points~~~~~~~~~~~~
Renmiri ~ 3
~
~
~
~

Still 1 point up for grabs people!

demondude
05-19-2007, 07:48 PM
people can just use al bhed language translaters on the internet for this you know

Renmiri
05-19-2007, 08:16 PM
Yes, I used the one built into my forum :love:

Little Blue
05-19-2007, 08:53 PM
Given that Renmiri posted the answer, what point is there to waiting for a second person to give the correct answer, if I understand you correctly.

Also, you failed to use correct Al Bhed syntax. Proper nouns (ie, names) are never translated, and the last time I looked, Eyes on Final Fantasy was a name (its what this site is called afterall). The correct formatting of the original phrase is Eyes on Final Fantasy nimac.

Firo Volondé
05-20-2007, 02:18 AM
"Eyes on Final Fantasy rules" - 1 point for me ;)

Though I think getting points for being second in is ridiculous. A simple "whoever gets it right takes the next turn" format would be far more appropriate for this game, I think.

I consider myself an FFX fanatic but Duality's point never even occured to me before he said it. :(

Little Blue
05-20-2007, 09:16 AM
hehe, its kind of a reflex action though, since everytime one of these threads pops up they just wang in the whole phrase into a translator, ignoring the fact that ingame, proper nouns are never translated. Macalania is always Macalania regardless of who's saying it.

Formalhaut
05-21-2007, 09:22 PM
Rule Change! No points for second awnser.

Ok next one, Btw you CAN use Translator, this challenge is more reflex than anything else. And, you decide if you want the "proper" way or not :greenie:

2.Uha tyo Pymdrean, fru tet hud mega rec vydran'c ehdanacd fedr hadreleda, taletat du mayja rec vydran yht palusa y cgo benyda. Dra aht :b

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Points
Renmiri ~ 3
~
~
~
~

Firo Volondé
05-22-2007, 01:52 PM
One day Pymdrean, who did not like his father's interest with nethicite, decided to leave his father and become a sky pirate. The end :p

Names are proper nouns too.

Renmiri
05-22-2007, 03:44 PM
Balthier = Pymdream ? Funny!

Formalhaut
05-24-2007, 07:47 PM
Ok Firo Volondé you did get the point!

The table is now like this:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Firo Volondé---------------3
Renmiri ---------------3
__________---------------N/A
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

3.Fru amca drehgc kaddehk Gresyne'c bufan ib lamacdeym, Detic'c, yht Mimi'c uha yna esbuccepma (Tysh Kysa tacekhanc...) :mad2::mad::mog::(:cry::eep:

rikkugurl13
05-26-2007, 03:59 AM
3.Who else thinks getting Khimari's power up celestial, Tidus's, and Lulu's one are impossible (Damn Game designers...)
I have all the Al-bhed letters wrote down and I'm trying to learn them.:D

Renmiri
05-26-2007, 04:10 AM
she's got it!

Little Blue
05-26-2007, 09:16 AM
3.Fru amca drehgc kaddehk Gresyne'c bufan ib lamacdeym, Detic'c, yht Mimi'c uha yna esbuccepma (Tysh Kysa tacekhanc...) :mad2::mad::mog::(:cry::eep:

Also, you failed to use correct Al Bhed syntax. Proper nouns (ie, names) are never translated!

Also, good use of English might be nice too in this latest one!

[!] For anyone who cares, 3. Fru amca drehgc dryd bufanehk ib Kimahri'c, Tidus' yht Lulu'c lamacdeym faybuhc ec esbuccepma? (Tysh kysa tacekhanc...) is a better sentance both in terms of English and Al Bhed. [/!]

Formalhaut
05-26-2007, 04:29 PM
How?

rikkugurl13, You get 3 points!!

The table now is:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Renmiri---------------------------------3 points
rikkugurl13--------------------------3 points
Firo Volondé------------------------3 points
_____________------------------------
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Btw, Rikku rocks!

4. HARDEST ONE YET!

Y tnykuh. Y puo. Y zuinhao.

venatnyga, y pnyja ouihk tnykuh, rec muoym pnufhea vneaht Cunnam yht y Muhamo puo Lymmat Pah yna ihedat yc ev po tacdeho. Dukadran, drao aspyng uh y sykelym zuinhao du veht dra makahtyno bmyla frana cemjan Tnykuhc lyh meja eh bayla vun ajan. Fedr uhmo y lineuic syb yht dra frecbanat sasuneac uv y umt tnykuh du kieta dras, drao vmo ylnucc suuhmed myhtc yht cayc du naylr dra rekracd suihdyehc eh dra funmt.

Ymuhk dra fyo, drao teclujan aqdnyuntehyno haf vneahtc eh ihmegamo bmylac yht y luinyka drao hajan ghaf drao ryt. zicd yc famm, vun dra knaydacd ahaso uv ymm eh hajan vyn pareht dras- y rayndmacc suhcdan vnus dra bycd fruc paah fyedehk y jano muhk desa du tacdnuo dra mycd tnykuhc uh ayndr.

This was a blurb from the book: Dragon rider by Cornelia Funke.

TheSpoonyBard
05-26-2007, 04:35 PM
A dragon. A boy. A journey.

Firedrake, a brave young dragon, his loyal brownie friend Sorrel and a lonely boy called Ben are united as if by destiny. Together, they embark on a magical journey to find the legendary place where silver dragons can live in peace for ever. With only a curious map and the whispered memories of a old dragon to guide them, they fly across moonlit lands and seas to reach the highest mountains in the world.

Along the way, they discover extraordinary new friends in unlikely places and a courage they never knew they had. just as well, for the greatest enemy of all in never far behind them- a heartless monster from the past who's been waiting a very long time to destroy the last dragons on earth.

... You're still translating proper nouns.

Formalhaut
05-26-2007, 05:40 PM
Rule Change! No points for second awnser.

Ok next one, Btw you CAN use Translator, this challenge is more reflex than anything else. And, you decide if you want the "proper" way or not :greenie:

Did you read my earlier post? You dont have to Translate it to the dot. meaning you can translate proper nouns if you want to.

Endless., you get the 3 points!

Table

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
renmiri----------------------3 points
Endless.--------------------3 points
Firo Volondé------------3 points
rikkugurl13--------------3 points
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Little Blue
05-26-2007, 05:58 PM
But then its not proper Al Bhed...:whimper:

Formalhaut
05-26-2007, 09:04 PM
awwwww poor little Blue. Tough.

5.Mucd, dra D.J cruf uh Cgouha, ec cuuuu pyt huf. Drao gemmat AEKRD lrynyldanc eh uhmo 3 caycuhc. Edc zicd fnuhk naymmo.

Firo Volondé
05-27-2007, 07:47 AM
Lost, the D.J show on Cguhoa, is soooo bad now. They killed EIGHT characters in only 3 seasons. It's just wrong really.

Even if you choose to disregard AB grammar, try to have correct English grammar, it makes the challenge that much more fun.

Formalhaut
05-27-2007, 11:48 AM
Ok then.:mad2:

This Challenge is no Closed.:mad2:

No questions asked.:mad2:

There are no winners.:mad2:

The prize was a P.M saying well done and a secret....:mad2:

I will be doing no more challenges.:mad2:

No questions asked.:mad2:

This challenge is now CLOSED.:mad2:

Vivisteiner
05-27-2007, 01:05 PM
Aww man, you guys, you dont have to be so harsh ya know. :(

The kid's only twelve, and his English wasn't that bad.

Firo Volondé
05-27-2007, 02:03 PM
Meh, you may be right, but it still would've been no trouble to not translate the proper nouns, even made his job easier. When someone refuses another person a simple request that would convenience them as well, just to be obstinate, I don't stop to consider their feelings. Not to mention that this game would only work properly IRL, on paper, where a internet translator isn't available.

Formalhaut
06-04-2007, 01:43 AM
I don't stop to consider their feelings.

most mean person ever!

:mad2::mad2::mad2: