PDA

View Full Version : How difficult you found Vegnaguns 4th form...

Jaffamitsu
05-20-2007, 03:32 AM
Completed it with the good ending about an hour ago and thought joining up to this would be a good place to share opinions etc...so hi everyone...but anyway onto the topic...how difficult did you find vegnagun...for me it wasnt too bad at all but in its fourth form i started to panic a little when i knew i had to beat him within a certain time or it was bye bye Spira...probably one of the only ff bosses that had my pride at stake...whats everyone elses opinion?

(P.S Dont get me wrong anyone...I never found it hard at all...just had my pride at stake when taking him out within a certain number of turns etc..yet i never knew how many turns were needed for it to be game over...only heard that there was a limit...anyone know?)

Renmiri
05-20-2007, 04:16 AM
Shuyin was harder IMHO.

For hard bosses, try doing the 100 levels of Via Infinito. They are way harder than Shuyin and Vegnagun

Tavrobel
05-20-2007, 04:54 AM
i started to panic a little when i knew i had to beat him within a certain time or it was bye bye Spira

Tell that to:
Odin, Evil and Trap Walls, Ex-Death, Atomos, Kefka, Diamond and Emerald Weapons, Gizamaluke, Tantarian, Kuja, Bahamut, and many of the other timed battles in the FF series? The only difference between this game and the old ones is that the entirety of FFX-2 can be played without a controller, and you will still remain alive at the end of most battles.

IT WAS SMURFING HARD LOLOLOLOLOL

Little Blue
05-20-2007, 09:01 AM
I found it harder trying to lose to the final boss than beating it (I wanted to see Vegnagun destory Spira). I might even say this series of final battles was easier than the aeon battles and Yu Yevon in X, and that's impossible to lose to.

If you want a challenge in X-2, do the Via Infinito.

Jaffamitsu
05-20-2007, 11:18 AM
Yeah im gonna try via infinito by going back to my save file before going into the farplane...by the way i wasnt saying Vegnagun was hard or anything just that it was kinda on my consiensce to beat the hell out of him as quick as possible...not too much of a challenge just my pride was at stake lol...

10-Breaker
05-20-2007, 12:16 PM
Vegnagun? Took like 1 form 1 minute. xD

Via Purifico? 36 h of practising and still cant beat that old man... -.-'

Jaffamitsu
05-20-2007, 02:07 PM
Would you say Tremma is one of the hardest bosses?

Little Blue
05-20-2007, 03:11 PM
If you know how to neuter him, then no. If you don't, then yes.

Jaffamitsu
05-20-2007, 03:31 PM
Then when i finally do reach him i hope he is a challenge....like penance..but even then when you know what your doing its plain sailing...

Little Blue
05-20-2007, 03:39 PM
Like the whole game, if you know what you're doing, its dead easy. Hell even when you don't know, its easy :p

Jaffamitsu
05-20-2007, 04:18 PM
Haha yes indeed..although getting 100% you need to know what you doing...What are your opinions on the different endings?

Little Blue
05-20-2007, 04:26 PM
The one where Spira is destroyed is far too short and not flashy enough. It could do with a scene from space where the planet visibly explodes. Normal and good endings, I'm indifferent about, they're not the best endings imaginable, but equally not the worst either. The perfect ending is far too much work to justify it.

Jaffamitsu
05-20-2007, 04:34 PM
Yeah i watched the bad ending on youtube and it just showed the calm lands getting blown up...would of been better if they showed each area getting its own destruction scene...when i played i wanted to get the good ending to finish it on a 'happy' note..plus my gf would of been upset...lol...i might go for 100% and the perfect ending just to say i done it but what ive seen it doesnt seem to be worthy of 'perfect'...

Renmiri
05-20-2007, 07:28 PM
My favorite is the good ending where Yuna and Tidus hug :love: :love: :love:

The perfect ending is far too much work for 2 minutes of FMV and not even a kiss :mad:

Jessweeee♪
05-23-2007, 05:30 AM
If you find it easy, try playing it with a DDR mat for a challenge. I don't think it'll work on all games but it worked on FFX just fine. It was really hard getting them crystals at the end like that :\

Mirage
05-23-2007, 05:51 AM
The only challenging thing in FFX-2 is VI.

Setzer Gabianni
05-23-2007, 04:23 PM
The final bosses were so easy, I managed to kill Shuyin off before he did any of his overdrives.

samboo1
05-23-2007, 07:26 PM
I found it really easy since i had catnip

Haha yes indeed..although getting 100% you need to know what you doing...What are your opinions on the different endings?

Good idea, but it's too specific to get 100%, you NEED a guide.

Jessweeee♪
05-23-2007, 08:47 PM
I used the guide, and when I got to chapter five and discovered a mistake I made in chapter one, I died a little inside.

Renmiri
05-24-2007, 12:13 AM
I used the guide, and when I got to chapter five and discovered a mistake I made in chapter one, I died a little inside.

Me too! I think everyone does. That is why the "give the sphere to the other team" trick is so cool. It gives you an extra 5% more than enough to cover your mistakes on your first playthrough. Besides, pwning the fiends with fully loaded armor and Dresspheres at level 1 is sooo much fun :love:

Markus. D
05-26-2007, 03:35 AM
Vegnagun was tricky x_x;

I recently attempted a hot spots only play through (going to hotspots only de-touring to get to required things like Leblanc uniforms).

Not easy at all :SS... most of the bosses on that playthrough had me dizzy and dieing and etc.

gothic_fantasy
05-30-2007, 01:23 PM
Three things to kill Vegnagun: Lady Luck dressphere with Four Dice. Gunner with Scatterburst and Trigger happy lv.3, and a Berserker. For items just use light, lunar and star curtains (to reflect Vegnagun's spells) and heal with curative items. I killed him really easily like that. I think I was somewhere between level 40 and 50, can't remember. Playing through the game again to get 100% but i just CAN'T BEAT SHINRA at sphere break! I beat him so easily on my first try but now I just keep screwing up. I hate flukes.

Jaffamitsu
06-04-2007, 10:23 AM
Dont tell me about Shinra and sphere break...god he had me hating him for a while....i dont know how many ciggarettes i went through while trying to beat him...it was all about the echo's and that to increae the quota score....Also the lightning rod towers and the configurations....the first lot were easy and then it started to really annoy me...in the end for Yuna's backwards memory ones i think i wrote them down...lol...

kahokochan
06-04-2007, 11:05 AM
hahahaha i have as few experimental games, in one i TRIED to get the bad ending where spira is destroyed, and i spent ages bt he wudnt destroy it!!!! hahaha ive another game where i flew thu it and finishd with 63% (on purpose) to see what % you get for doing all the necessary tasks.haahah dey were all on like nly level 38 r sumtin hahaha OMG shinra is a dick in sphere-break, ive gotten really rusty at it and i cnt count hahahhha xxxx

Xatif
06-08-2007, 01:18 AM
I found it harder trying to lose to the final boss than beating it (I wanted to see Vegnagun destory Spira). I might even say this series of final battles was easier than the aeon battles and Yu Yevon in X, and that's impossible to lose to.Amen to that. Really, even on my first playthrough I managed to beat him without fretting in the least. Via Infinito is far more challenging (from Level 80 and deeper, I was running away). If it weren't for the Lady Luck Dressphere, I would still haven't done it to Trema.

Mirage
06-08-2007, 04:52 PM
What is this, does FFX-2 have a difficulty setting I haven't found or something?

Tavrobel
06-08-2007, 05:10 PM
What is this, does FFX-2 have a difficulty setting I haven't found or something?

I heard you can gameshark it. I prefer to play without a controller. Less hassle.

Pouring Rain
06-08-2007, 07:08 PM
Via Infinito is way harder than all the bosses combined. Vegnagun was really easy, I didn't worry about whether I was going to like, get the Bad Ending until I tried beating the game on level 37. I did win though, with the Beserker dressphere, though.

Angra Mainyu was hard, sort of, if you're looking for a "tough" mechanical boss. It's a shame there wasn't a limit on that boss.

Tallulah
06-08-2007, 07:47 PM
I was very disappointed with Vegnagun, and how easy he was in comparison to, say, Braska's Final Aeon... :rolleyes2 For such a huge monster that had been hyped up so much in the last half of the game, it was so freaking easy.

I was too lazy to do Via Infinito, or even the Den of Woe. I suck... :mad:

Jaffamitsu
06-08-2007, 10:20 PM
I found braska's final aeon so easy....but i spent most of time training and doing everything i could before finishing the game...but your right Tallulah..it was rather disappointing considering it was hyped up throughout all the game...Via Infinito...well thats another subject...still yet to give Trema a good kicking..although i started to fight him and just thought..nope not strong enough yet..more training...turn off PS2....hehe :D