PDA

View Full Version : Out of curiosity...

Jaffamitsu
05-20-2007, 11:43 AM
I've never really noticed that when Yazoo shoots Cloud in the beginning bike scene..is it in the face he shoots him (cant write that without laughing) or just above his eye...because it looks from above like its right in his face and at first i though no as he'd pretty much die but then i remembered this is final fantasy and characters can go through hell of a lot before actually dying...oh except *cough
aeris*..anyone fancy sharing their opinions?

James Leopold
05-20-2007, 12:53 PM
i thought he shot Clouds sunglasses, that's why they go flying off his face

Jaffamitsu
05-20-2007, 01:47 PM
But surely getting shot in the sunglasses or whatever they are...would also get his face..i mean he does have a cut but its like at point blank range...

G3ORGE
05-21-2007, 04:43 PM
MOISTURIZER I TELL YE!

Little Blue
05-21-2007, 04:52 PM
lol, armour plated sunglasses with a surface angled such that incoming pointblank shots perpendicular to the plane of the wearer's face ricochet away are the best sunglasses ever! Shooting people in this movie is stupidly unbalanced. At the start Cloud gets shot pointblank in the face and is just scratched, at the end Cloud gets shot in the back from a distance and is brought to his knees. I'm sure I'm not the only one who would've thought / prefered Cloud's face to be blow right open by the shot at the start, most likely killing him.

Namelessfengir
05-21-2007, 05:32 PM
don't forget zack... sniped in one shot

Jaffamitsu
05-21-2007, 06:49 PM
Haha im glad my random thought generated quite a few responses...In real life he's face would be blown away but remember people this is Final Fantasy lol...people get hit by comets....and like the second to last final ff7 fight.. even THE SUN!!!....

Necronopticous
05-21-2007, 06:52 PM
The beauty of Cloud's face protected him from severe damage.

Aerisfanatic
05-22-2007, 03:47 AM
I've never really noticed that when Yazoo shoots Cloud in the beginning bike scene..is it in the face he shoots him (cant write that without laughing) or just above his eye...because it looks from above like its right in his face and at first i though no as he'd pretty much die but then i remembered this is final fantasy and characters can go through hell of a lot before actually dying...oh except *cough
aeris*..anyone fancy sharing their opinions?
yazoo shoots the side of his glasses but the bullet skimmed the upper side of his face, which is why he has a scar on the side of his face for the rest of the movie. and im sure if yazoo shot him in the head he would die... cause near the ending he shot him and he died. and im sure if tifa, yuffie got a sword through their back they would die too.

Jaffamitsu
05-22-2007, 09:21 AM
I didnt think he died....Thought he just got shot and lost consciousness? Besides i thought getting shot in the glasses wouldnt richochet but just smash them..?

Little Blue
05-22-2007, 09:30 AM
Besides i thought getting shot in the glasses wouldnt richochet but just smash them..?

lol, armour plated sunglasses with a surface angled such that incoming pointblank shots perpendicular to the plane of the wearer's face ricochet away are the best sunglasses ever!
:bigsmile:

Jaffamitsu
05-22-2007, 09:53 AM
haha i want a pair...

G3ORGE
05-24-2007, 10:53 AM
http://www.thinkythings.org/LegGodt/funny-glasses1.jpg

I'd prefer them tbh.

Big D
05-25-2007, 04:09 AM
Just a glancing blow that hit the side of his glasses, tearing them off his face and giving him a gash in the process. If he's actually been hit, then he'd be dead - the shot he took at the end of the film passed right through his body, despite his superhumanly strong musculature, so they're obviously pretty high-velocity rounds.
don't forget zack... sniped in one shotHe got sniped at, but that's where Last Order ends... in the flashback from FFVII itself, it took about a dozen rounds of automatic gunfire to kill him.

Sword
06-19-2007, 10:22 PM
Maybe the one Cloud was shot with at the end was AP ammo just in case he was wearing the sunglasses again lol

Laddy
06-21-2007, 08:48 PM
It hit the very side of his head?

darksword12
06-22-2007, 03:49 AM
He got grazed, and the bullet hit his sunglasses in the process.

I don't remember the scene very well.

10-Breaker
06-23-2007, 04:05 PM
I don't think Cloud would die on one hit... Jenova cells u kno? Those make him superior compared to others like Sephy.

Super Sepiroth
07-20-2007, 09:44 PM
Plus its not exactly realistic, i mean cloud gets thrown up 500 stories or so slices Bahamut and lands perfectly- tht was a big WTF for me

and then loz and yazoo get taken out by a little bomb lol

atlanteay
07-20-2007, 11:18 PM
which is why it's called Final Fantasy :)

Zack was shot about 15 times by the midgar soldiers :cry: if he didn't die...then Aeris would look like a even bigger wimp. Of course, she is a big one already. I'm sure if it was Tifa on the altar, her fast reflexes would've saved her life.

Big D
07-21-2007, 12:58 AM
Plus its not exactly realistic, i mean cloud gets thrown up 500 stories or so slices Bahamut and lands perfectly- tht was a big WTF for me

and then loz and yazoo get taken out by a little bomb lolIn the original game, Cloud proved he could survive falling from a great height. When the Sector 5 reactor explosion knocked him off the upper level of Midgar, he fell a huge distance and landed in the church. No harm done, once he woke up. And that was before he knew just how strong he is. By the time of AC, he knows the limits of his superhuman strength and powers, so he can do crazy crap like fall at terminal velocity without dying on impact.

Super Sepiroth
08-03-2007, 05:35 PM

and then loz and yazoo get taken out by a little bomb lolIn the original game, Cloud proved he could survive falling from a great height. When the Sector 5 reactor explosion knocked him off the upper level of Midgar, he fell a huge distance and landed in the church. No harm done, once he woke up. And that was before he knew just how strong he is. By the time of AC, he knows the limits of his superhuman strength and powers, so he can do crazy crap like fall at terminal velocity without dying on impact.

So you mean if Jenova Cells Existed that the person infected could be indestructable?

Then why'd the Stabbing of the Shoulder and the tiny bullet hurt?

Big D
08-10-2007, 11:37 AM

So you mean if Jenova Cells Existed that the person infected could be indestructable?

Then why'd the Stabbing of the Shoulder and the tiny bullet hurt?Not 'indestructible', but way more resilient than a regular human being. He can still be hurt, but it takes a whole lot more damage to disable him.

Azure Chrysanthemum
08-11-2007, 10:10 AM
You also see more of their ability to turn aside or avoid lethal blows. For example, when Tifa fights Loz in the church, he attempts to basically gouge her eyes out with his claw. They show her take the blow and then her hand sparks as she shakes it off - she placed her glove in front of her face to protect it just before the blow struck.

The same can be applied to Cloud getting shot. He's so instinctively trained to not let himself be killed that he tilted his head in the exact angle to minimize the blow.

Kanshisha
08-11-2007, 01:18 PM
Aeris' protection?

Mirage
08-11-2007, 01:58 PM
Cloud is obviously a T-1000.

Jessweeee♪
08-13-2007, 12:45 AM
SUPER SPECIAL SUNGLASSES YAH!

...hmm...I guess at the end his guard was down, and he was all like...yeah...everything's gonna be okay!!! BANG!!! :cry:

Rikushomegirl7
10-07-2007, 10:39 PM
i think he shot his sunglasses so they flew off his face lol

Jiro
10-11-2007, 10:33 AM
He's just real lucky. Besides the fact that they didn't actually want to kill him. Meh, just remember its not real so dont go shooting people in the face, okay?

Raebus
10-11-2007, 12:56 PM
Cloud is obviously a T-1000.

Here come the final fantasy and terminator comparisons.

Markus. D
10-17-2007, 07:20 AM
Fantasy Genre :]...

He bleeds for like a second :p

MKusanagi
10-17-2007, 07:46 AM
I... I wanna be in final fantasy! Damn! We got screwed here on earth! We trip and we're out for 3 mnths with a busted ACL! We get grazed on the head with a bullet and we're out for two hours. Whoever created this universe... has some serious explaining to do. And for the record Cloud is not a T-1000! But he did teach Linda Hamilton how to kick ass so we're cool.