PDA

View Full Version : KH or KHII?

Ashley Schovitz
05-21-2007, 12:30 AM
Which one is better in your opinion? When I first played KH II and got halfway through beating it, I thought it was ten times better than the original game and back then when I first played it, I hadn't played KH in a while. Now that I'm replaying it and just defeated Ansem/Riku i'm starting to see that this game is better in some respects, like the level designs, way more platforming elements than in KHII which has barely any at all. Also it just have a more nostalgic feel. The difficulty is better than KHII as it felt both on normal and Proud mode easy as pie, while Expert mode on KH you can really feel the difference, I never lost to Malificent Dragon so many times. The arena battles are a little better too and lengthier you really didn't get the same feel from the arena matches from II than the massive Hades Cup in KH and don't mention the victory dances which are screaming with FF referency goodness.

Actually I think i like KH better. KH II is all about flashiness and trying to be gangsta with all those reaction commands.

Tavrobel
05-21-2007, 02:49 AM
KHII. By far. Not that either of the games could be considered poor (even if KHII has no platforming).

Mr.SimpleandClean
05-21-2007, 04:47 AM
Platforming?

Leen-Leen
05-21-2007, 05:09 AM
I liked KH1 a lot, but once I played KH2, I liked it much more. Maybe it was just the way KH2 is. Sure, you practically needed no strategy for battles in KH2, but maybe that's what made it fun to play. Who knows. It was just more enjoyable for me (not that KH1 wasn't enjoyable.)

Marshall Banana
05-21-2007, 06:09 AM
Pfft! I play KHII only for its Gummi Missions (and for sing-along in Atlantica) these days! =O

Hazzard
05-21-2007, 06:45 AM
Gosh, Kh1 was much harder and put me through much more stress than the second one. But Sora looked too cool in his new gear, and everything was kinda raw in this game. I think they're equal, because Kh1 enlightened me a lot.

Clawsze
05-21-2007, 07:31 PM
KH2 for the Org XIII

Ashley Schovitz
05-23-2007, 02:11 AM
Platforming?

Yeah KH had platforming and not to mention secret bosses.

bipper
05-23-2007, 05:34 PM
I think he wants to know what you meant by platforming.

I liked em both for different reasons. They are the same series, and so similar, but they both captivated me in entirely different ways. Though, I am only part done with KH2 but the battle mode has captivated me to no end.

JackNapier
05-23-2007, 08:47 PM
I liked KHII a lot more. The story wasn't as kiddish and The Organization were totally badass. Not taking anything away from KHI of course, that game was also amazing. I just prefer KHII.

Jessweeee♪
05-23-2007, 08:55 PM
I liked KHII better n.n
The original is good, but I don't believe in the idea that older is better :\

1. I liked the music more.
2. I ENJOYED the gummi ship stuff, whereas in KH1 I hated it with a passion.
3. It's flashier.
4. BETTER CAMERA CONTROLS! YES!
5. Drives
6. AURON, YAY!
7. Just all of the other minor improvements that really made the game awesome.

Formalhaut
06-07-2007, 05:42 PM
Well, KHII Is much more button mash than KHI.

KHI = Strategy

KHII = Poor Button Mash

Although the reaction seqence is way cool! Reversal, Twilight Thorn Reactions, cool.

Fonzie
06-07-2007, 10:00 PM
Kingdom Hearts.

Cookie
06-07-2007, 10:04 PM
Kingdom Hearts.

Hazzard
06-07-2007, 10:44 PM
What about Chain Of Memories, show it some love.

Markus. D
06-08-2007, 04:24 PM
KHII ~

Better Story~

but... quite a bit more filler .___.;