PDA

View Full Version : Armagedon Fist & Angel Wing Problem

Takero
05-21-2007, 05:15 AM
Every body says that Zell's Armagedon Fist and rinoa's Angel Wing are sooooooo

cool :cool: but for me they just suck .When I use them they never do more than

500 damage even if I have Zell's strength and Rinoa's magic to 255 .Can anyone tell me why?:confused:

rubah
05-21-2007, 06:01 AM
Get rid of rinoa's useless spells and keep only the white magics (no status except meltdown) and strong black magics (-aga, flare, ultima, meteor). Give her auto haste and speed+.

Armageddon Fist isn't supposed to do major damage. You're supposed to repeat the moves really fast to build mediocre damage into wow damage.

Mo-Nercy
05-21-2007, 03:15 PM
Back in the day when I was in top-form, I could Armageddon Fist about 5-6 times per second. I know there's people that can do better but nonetheless, it's still great damage when you add it all up.

ragnosica
05-21-2007, 09:23 PM
there are 7 seconds in which you can use attacks twice a second => 14 attacks, with a big strength u can beat most bosses:cool:

Comet
05-21-2007, 10:10 PM
What I'm wondering is why is it called Armageddon Fist. I didn't see that name pop up once in FF8. Did someone just make it up?

Xurts
05-21-2007, 10:51 PM
Once you strip everything from Rinoa except for 2 or 3 of the most powerful spells it's not worth it anymore. You have to sacrifice nearly everything to have her cast Meteor, and she becomes useless. You're better off using her normal limits and hoping that she uses either Invincible Moon or Wishing Star.

Mirage
05-22-2007, 01:20 AM
You should just be using Punch Rush and Booya over and over again. With a bit of skill, you can do 4 per second.

Jessweeee♪
05-22-2007, 03:57 AM
What I'm wondering is why is it called Armageddon Fist. I didn't see that name pop up once in FF8. Did someone just make it up?

I assume so...I didn't see it either, and when I first heard about it, I was like, OMG ZELL HAS A HIDDEN LIMIT :eep:

You can get anywhere between 3 and 12 seconds. Even with three you can do a lot of damage after you get the hang of it n.n

I never used Angel Wing, either. Not because it's useless, I just like Angelo better n.n

rubah
05-22-2007, 04:53 AM
It's something someone made up. The two simple combos repeated over and over so you rack up a lot of hits. I never remember which ones because i never use zell :D

@Xurts, if you use the spells I use, you should still have plenty of firepower. When she attacks inbetween all your characters, it's definitely worth it. Besides, you don't have to junction anything to strength or elm since she just magicks over and over xD (or hit-j)

Takero
05-22-2007, 02:48 PM
I didn't have any attack magic except meteor for rinoa and her magic was at maximum but when i use her Angel wing she just do about 200 damage every time she cast meteor .
And for zell I just do the Armageddons fist but every time he punches the enemy it just make about 700 damage not 9999 damage even if his strength is at maximum .can anyone help me with this problem?

TheSpoonyBard
05-22-2007, 03:02 PM
Cast Meltdown on the enemy first.

Xurts
05-24-2007, 04:03 AM
@Xurts, if you use the spells I use, you should still have plenty of firepower. When she attacks inbetween all your characters, it's definitely worth it. Besides, you don't have to junction anything to strength or elm since she just magicks over and over xD (or hit-j)
Only a few of her stats (4?) including Elm and Status would be any good. Literally the only use she would have would be Meteor Angel Wing, and she would have to be critical or Aura constantly. Using her normal Limit Breaks and spamming Invicible Moon/Wishing Star is a much better idea, IMO.

I didn't have any attack magic except meteor for rinoa and her magic was at maximum but when i use her Angel wing she just do about 200 damage every time she cast meteor .
And for zell I just do the Armageddons fist but every time he punches the enemy it just make about 700 damage not 9999 damage even if his strength is at maximum .can anyone help me with this problem?
I don't think it's even possible for Zell to do 9999 per Punch Rush or Booya. Even with Meltdown and Str in the 200s he should probably deal around 2-4 thousand per attack.

ragnosica
05-24-2007, 06:14 PM
basically he can do up to 50K, or maybe it was 80K, i don't remember:confused:

rubah
05-24-2007, 06:18 PM
Only a few of her stats (4?) including Elm and Status would be any good. Literally the only use she would have would be Meteor Angel Wing, and she would have to be critical or Aura constantly.

HP VIT SPR SPD ELM DEFx4

Is she even susceptible to most status ailments when in Angel Wing? I want to say she isn't, but maybe she is.

Anyways, once she's in angel wing, she stays there until she's KOed, so why would she have to stay in critical or Aura?

Xurts
05-24-2007, 08:19 PM
Only a few of her stats (4?) including Elm and Status would be any good. Literally the only use she would have would be Meteor Angel Wing, and she would have to be critical or Aura constantly.

HP VIT SPR SPD ELM DEFx4

Is she even susceptible to most status ailments when in Angel Wing? I want to say she isn't, but maybe she is.

Anyways, once she's in angel wing, she stays there until she's KOed, so why would she have to stay in critical or Aura?
Oops, I miscounted. You would have 7 stats with the best magic Junctioned, the rest would be compromised. HP, Mag, Spr, Spd, Luck, plus 2 for Elm Def. I think Rinoa is immune to most status ailments, so Sts Def isn't important. I just don't like the fact that when not in Angel Wing, status attacks would destroy her, physical attacks would be weak, and she would take more damage from physical attacks. Meteor with Meltdown is still even beaten in damage by other Limits, and I'm sure Wishing Star either ties or surpasses it.

I mean that you are fighting normal encounters. She would either have to be critical all the time or you would have to cast Aura on her every battle.

rubah
05-24-2007, 11:20 PM
Ah.

You'd have to try several times before you got wishing star though. if you just had angelo cannon, invincible moon, and wishing star, you'd get sick of invincible moon :|

Xurts
05-25-2007, 02:39 AM
Ah.

You'd have to try several times before you got wishing star though. if you just had angelo cannon, invincible moon, and wishing star, you'd get sick of invincible moon :|
Yeah, if you had all of Angelo's other tricks learned it wouldn't be worth trying to use the final two, and Angel Wing would be a better idea. With just 3 Limits learned she uses Wishing Star much more, but it sucks that you can't get rid of Angelo Cannon. The uncertainty aspect of Angelo's Limits does make Angel Wing look more appealing.

rubah
05-25-2007, 04:09 AM
She used invincible moon far more often with me ;o

Xurts
05-25-2007, 06:08 AM
She used invincible moon far more often with me ;o
Well at least you couldn't get hurt. :p