PDA

View Full Version : all those old cartoons we use to love

Lynx
05-22-2007, 04:51 AM
so today cruising aorund the internet world i came across a video that showed a bunch of old cartoon opeings in 30 minutes.

one that brought up a million memories for me was Mighty Max.

what old cartoons or jsut any tv show did you use to watch? as in back in the day (which was a wednesday).

ValkyrieWing
05-22-2007, 04:57 AM
Ummmm...the original Voltron. LOL

escobert
05-22-2007, 05:00 AM
Voltron, GI Joe, Transformers, ghostbusters, TMNT. so many more.

Lynx
05-22-2007, 05:06 AM
oh man i forgot about the original voltron i loved that show.

Ramza Beoulve
05-22-2007, 05:22 AM
SAMURAI PIZZA CATS! :)

*EDITGAAA!!!*

REBOOT (I will never forget that guitar duel, never)
Transformers
Dragon Ball Z

Mirage
05-22-2007, 05:41 AM
Animaniacs.

Hazzard
05-22-2007, 05:46 AM
Samurai Jack, Courage the Cowardly Dog, Cow & Chicken, Ultimate Muscle.

Hambone
05-22-2007, 05:54 AM
Cow & Chicken, Sailor Moon, Power Puff Girls, Dexter's Lab, Tom & Jerry, Animaniacs.

Roto13
05-22-2007, 06:10 AM
Animaniacs was so boss. (Did I just say boss?) So was Tiny Tunes. I used to be a huge Ninja Turtles fan, too.

Necronopticous
05-22-2007, 06:18 AM
Moved -> The Lounge

Does anyone remember Mummies Alive? I used to watch that awful show when I was a kid.

Roto13
05-22-2007, 06:23 AM
Oh god, I remember that show. It was terrible. I think I was too old for it at the time, though. I was 13 or 14 or something, if I recall.

Rase
05-22-2007, 07:15 AM
Animaniacs.
QFT

Also: Johnny Quest, Thundercats, and He-Man. Granted, those were for laughing at how bad they were, but still.

Germ Hamee
05-22-2007, 08:14 AM
I was so obsessed with the Disney cartoon shows: Aladdin, Chip & Dale: Rescue Rangers!, Duck Tales (ooh whoa oh!), Gummy Bears.

Then of course I loved Animaniacs, Tiny Tunes. And Spider-Man. I also always remember having to sneak around to watch Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, since my mom thought the title was stupid and thus wouldn't let me watch it. That silly gal.

Roto13
05-22-2007, 08:17 AM
"That show sounds dumb. You're not allowed to watch dumb shows."

Awesome.

Rostum
05-22-2007, 08:32 AM
Oh, cartoons were so awesome when I was a kid. Now they seem really bad.

Anywyas, some cartoons I watched include Tiny Tunes, Animaniacs, Batman, TMNT, Samurai Pizza Cats, Tom & Jerry, Ghostbusters, Aladdin, Darkwing Duck, Ducktales, Freakazoid, Sailor Moon, Earthworm Jim and my most favourite; Gargoyles... and I can't really think of anymore but they are out there!

Marshall Banana
05-22-2007, 09:37 AM
I was so obsessed with the Disney cartoon shows: Aladdin, Chip & Dale: Rescue Rangers!, Duck Tales (ooh whoa oh!), Gummy Bears.
GUMMI BEARS! Bouncing here and there and everywhere! High adventure that's beyond compare! They are the Gummi Bears!

I still watch that show sometimes!

Slade
05-22-2007, 09:38 AM
He-Man, Transformers, Teenage Mutant NINJA Turtles, Voltron, Conan, Talespin, Darkwing Duck, Ducktales, Beast Wars (a little later on, I know but what the heck, it IS my all time favourite show) and I'm sure theirs a thousand others but I will only remember them when I have logged off :greenie:

Devourment
05-22-2007, 12:59 PM
The Racoons, He-Man, TNMT, Spiderman, Looney Tunes, Taz (seperate from Looney Tunes), Batman, Pokemon, Dangermouse, Batfink, Count Duckula, Tintin.. God, I used to watch so many.

Meat Puppet
05-22-2007, 01:01 PM
Denver, the Last Dinosaur always springs to mind when I think of old cartoons.

Araciel
05-22-2007, 03:59 PM
oh good gods where do i start...

the aforementioned disney cartoons, including goof troop...heh

pirates of darkwater, gargoyles, conan the adventurer, he man, gi joe, the marvel cartoons (fantastic four, spiderman, x men, iron man, the hulk) samurai pizza cats, ren & stimpy, earthworm jim, back to the future the cartoon, the where's waldo cartoon, the super mario super show, the nintendo power show, camp candy, ....i'm thinking there are more but i can't remember at the moment...it's a wonder i ever went outside as a kid.

DM_Melkhar
05-22-2007, 05:16 PM
Ahhh! Old cartoons from my day? Ohh where to begin!

Dangermouse, The Little Bits (anyone remember that?), Thundercats, Heman, Shera (pronounced She-ra), Prince Valiant, The Silver Brumby, Noah's Ark (yeah the polar bear with the floating island).

Even earlier than that was The Wacky Races and The Smurfs!

Kid's tv these days is :skull::skull::skull::skull:e.

Tallulah
05-22-2007, 05:25 PM
Denver, the Last Dinosaur always springs to mind when I think of old cartoons.

ZOMG! Not seen or heard that show mentioned for YEARS!

My faourites were: Dangermouse, Tom and Jerry, He-Man, She-Ra, Tiny Toon Adventures, Dennis, Duck Tales, Scooby Doo, Batfink, Pixie and Dixie (I hate those meeces to pieces!) Ruff and Ready (a dog and cat cartoon. the cat was called Ruff), the Pink Panther... and probably loads more.

escobert
05-22-2007, 05:30 PM
Oh yeah and Tail Spin. and Dark Wing Duck.

Jowy
05-22-2007, 05:32 PM
Life With Louie!

Renmiri
05-22-2007, 07:18 PM
I still laugh at old Tom & Jerry and so do my kids. Same for Scooby - Doo.

But some new shows are hilarious: Ed, Ed & Eddie, The Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy, Danny Phantom....

Ishin Ookami
05-22-2007, 07:24 PM
Gargoyles was absolutely awesome. I have the first DVD sets, and rest assured true believers, the creators are now continuing the original story (and leaving EVERYTHING that happened in goliath chronicles on the cutting room floor. I could kill disney for killing that show in that way) in comic book form. I saw on the Diamond shipping lists issue #4 came out last week.

I sometimes Consider buying the Thunder Cat DVDS just because I still think the Anointment trials 5-part story arc is brilliant, even as an adult. As were a few other episodes Such as the Debut of Groon the Destroyer and other episodes with the Luna Tacs. Sadly though, most of the series was utter trash. Though I did like the running gag of Tigra getting strung out on some substance or another every now and then, just to teach the kids to just say no to freaky talking plants that offer shining fruit or strange glowing crystals that get you high.

There was a show on in the mid ninties called Exo-squad, based on the toyline that I absolutely loved. The show was great science fiction that pulled few punches. Characters actually die and stay dead, awesome space battles and great writing as well as characters with a lot of depth. I still hope somehow this story will get continued as me and my friends totally loved that show.

And how come people here havn't mentioned other great shows like Reboot or Beast Wars? For shame people.

and of course, the silly stuff.
TMNT,
Transformers,
GI Joe,
Captain Planet,
Mighty Max,
Dino Riders,
The old Marvel cartoons (though at times they could be very cool), teknoman (am now collecting the original series Space Knight Tekkaman Blade)

Namelessfengir
05-22-2007, 07:27 PM
TRANSFORMERS!!! the original series

Ramza Beoulve
05-22-2007, 07:40 PM
I have noticed something... no one has mentioned...

GARFIELD!!!

Everyone has been in blasphemy, shame on you!

ff7+ff10 gurl 100
05-22-2007, 09:50 PM
Ohh. I used to watch ALOT of tv when I was younger, so this list might be a little long..

Ren and Stimpy
Angry Beavers
Rocko's Modern Life
Are you afraid of the dark?
Animaniacs
Powerpuff girls
S Club 7
Garfield
TMNT
Dragon ball and Dragon Ball Z
Duckman

There's so many more, but I just can't remember at the moment. ;p

Lynx
05-22-2007, 11:00 PM
oh man lket me continue some of mine.

transformers
tmnt
rockos modern life
ahhh real monsters
freakazoid
DBZ
animaniacs
angry beavers.

non cartoons
salute your shorts
kenan and kel
all that

Dragoon Kain
05-23-2007, 02:37 AM
none of you have said street sharks. you should all be ashamed.

Spammerman
05-23-2007, 03:03 AM
Thundercats. The old Transformers isnt one of my fav, but it was good. All the other oldies that were cool and whem im like 20(6 years) i can look back and say I loved that show. All night long.

Shiny
05-23-2007, 03:22 AM
It's slightly surprising that no one has said Where in the World Is Carmen Sandiego? and Rugrats. Not that Rugrats: All Grown Up crap, but the original.

escobert
05-23-2007, 04:16 AM
Oh yeah rocko's moder life and angry beavers! and Ahhh real monsters!

BakerMan
05-23-2007, 04:52 AM
Thomas the Tank Engine, Pokemon, Animorphs(yeah I was a nerd:rolleyes2 ), Invader Zim(before it got cancelled:mad:) but best of all....

MIGHTY MORPHIN' POWER RANGERS!!!!!:D :D

I'm disappointed that no one mentioned this...

Slothy
05-23-2007, 01:27 PM
I've got to thank you all for making my list really easy. There's not much I watched that hasn't been mentioned here already. In fact, I'm just copy and pasting from other posts.

rocko's modern life, Rugrats, street sharks, Mighty Max, Transformers, ghostbusters, TMNT, Samurai Pizza Cats, Reboot, Animaniacs, Sailor Moon, Dexter's Lab, Mummies Alive, Johnny Quest, He-Man, Aladdin, Chip & Dale: Rescue Rangers, Duck Tales, Tiny Toons, Spider-Man (60's and 90's), Batman: TAS, Superman: TAS, Darkwing Duck, Earthworm Jim, Gargoyles, Gummi Bears, Beast Wars, The Racoons, Pokemon, Count Duckula, Tintin, back to the future, super mario super show, She-ra, Tail Spin, Exosquad, Captain Planet, Garfield, Dragon ball and Dragon Ball Z.

Now for the ones everyone missed:

BattleTech, Cadillacs and Dinosaurs, Biker Mice from Mars, Street Sharks, Bucky O'hare, Bots Master, and Dino Riders.

At this point, not only can I not think of anything else, but I may have come up with the most comprehensive list possible of shows I watched up until the age of 13. Apparently I had a lot of time on my hands growing up.

Rocket Edge
05-23-2007, 01:42 PM
TMNT.

Flying Mullet
05-23-2007, 01:44 PM
Voltron, GI Joe, Transformers, ghostbusters, TMNT. so many more.
Plus He-Man, Thundercats and Robotech.

Ramza Beoulve
05-23-2007, 08:40 PM
MIGHTY MORPHIN' POWER RANGERS!!!!!:D :D

I'm disappointed that no one mentioned this...They went downhill since the Alien Rangers, they don't even deserve mentioning because of that.

Lawr
05-23-2007, 08:43 PM
SAMURAI PIZZA CATS! :)

:love:

Lynx
05-23-2007, 10:32 PM
omg i forgot power rangers and rugrats. and dinosaurs which unless i missed it no ones said yet :mad2:

the list will continue as my memory returns :D

i hope this thread makes everyone think of there childhood :)

Spammerman
05-24-2007, 12:24 AM
It's slightly surprising that no one has said Where in the World Is Carmen Sandiego? and Rugrats. Not that Rugrats: All Grown Up crap, but the original.

omg. I forgot Carmen Sandiego
It was just on as a spanish tv saturday mornin cartoon.

Lone Wolf Leonhart
05-24-2007, 02:06 AM
RONIN WARRIORS FTW!!!!

Dreddz
05-24-2007, 11:50 AM
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles were my life support.

Lawr
05-24-2007, 12:00 PM
RONIN WARRIORS FTW!!!!

KKKKKRRRRFFF!!!!

Goldenboko
05-24-2007, 12:07 PM
Edd, Ed, and Eddy! Oh, wait, I still watch that 0.o

Burtsplurt
05-24-2007, 08:43 PM
I'd love to watch all of these again:
Thundercats, He-Man, TinTin, Transformers, MASK Crusaders, Captain Planet, TMNT, Prince Valiant, Mysterious Cities of Gold, Inspector Gadget, Gummi Bears, Captain Pugwash (the cardboard cutout version!).

yanis
05-24-2007, 11:31 PM
Well there are so many...Duck Tales, Chip'n'Dale, Gummy Bears, Tail Spin, DarkWing Duck, Gargoyles, Animaniacs, Tiny Toons, TMNT, Spiderman, Denver the Last Dinosaur, Ghostbusters and many many other I don't remember now!!!

...I don't think anyone mentioned Winnie the Pooh, Goof Troop, Timon & Pumbaa, Quack Pack, Doug, Pinky and the Brain, Taz-Mania!!!

Harroldo
05-26-2007, 11:17 PM
yeah well i gotta tell ya nick and cartoon network was great and there really wasn't much i didn't like

daggertrepe
05-27-2007, 04:06 AM
Dexter's Lab PWNED

BakerMan
05-27-2007, 04:31 AM
MIGHTY MORPHIN' POWER RANGERS!!!!!

I'm disappointed that no one mentioned this...

They went downhill since the Alien Rangers, they don't even deserve mentioning because of that.

Thats why I said Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers, Disney is what really killed the power rangers series...

look_out_below
05-29-2007, 08:28 PM
Hmm my 6 favorites were

Pinky and the Brain (The episode where Brain looks for a new sidekick is still my favorite).

Cow and Chicken (i always wondered why human parents had animal offspring but then again it might be better not asking questions).

Earthworm Jim (Jim's voice provided by the same guy who does Homer from the Simpsons).

Tales from the Crypt Keeper the cartoon (Yes lets base a children's cartoon off of movies full of violence and sexual content, whoever had this idea i salute you).

Inspector Gadget (It bugs me to this day that they never showed the Claws face.)

Looneytunes (Back when cartoons could have cross dressing characters, hidden sex/drug jokes, and just overall violence without getting a ton of protestors debating about the suitability of the show for children and whether or not some of its characters where gay.)

Formalhaut
05-31-2007, 05:42 AM
hey Harroldo.

Im 12, And I have not gone to the "Kids" section in a year! Seriously. I just find them babyish. I spent most of T.V time in documentarys.

Lynx
05-31-2007, 05:47 AM
oh man i almost forgot i use to watch mega man every once in awhile. i woiuld always just come across it but i thought the show was awesome none the less.

4evarisha
05-31-2007, 06:55 AM
X Men Cartoon Shows and Popeye.