PDA

View Full Version : Question on limit breaks

seein2stars
05-22-2007, 06:26 PM
The last time I did any sort of looking at this page was almost 2 years ago. But I want to beat Final Fantasy 7 and I'm kinda in a rught.

So I have Omni-Slash and Cloud has his 3rd limit breaks. How do I get him to us Omni-Slash now? I just use it as an item on cloud right? It is not letting me give cloud Omni-Slash for some reason. Is there something I am doing wrong?

Jaffamitsu
05-22-2007, 06:33 PM
Cloud has two limit breaks for each level if i remember correctly...all i did was use the Omni-Slash item i gained from battle square using the points ..and he learnt it once all other three levels for had two limits....

hanawa
05-29-2007, 09:32 AM
I hope this info that i found on a wabbie helps:

To earn your Limit Breaks:

Level 1, first break:
- You start with this one already.

Level 1, second break
- Use your first break of that level 8 times.

Level 2, first break
- Kill 80 enemies. Your character has to be the one to deliver the killing blow in order to have it count. You can kill an enemy in any way (spell, Morph, use an item, etc.) Vincent only has to kill 60 enemies in order to fulfill this requirement.

Level 2, second break:
- Use your first break of that level 6 times.

Level 3, first break:
- See 'Level 2, first break' notes.

Level 3, second break:
- You must use your first break of that level 4 times.

Level 4, extreme limit break:
- Learn all your character's other Limit Breaks (6 for everyone but Cait, 3 for Vincent). Then use your character's Limit Break Manual on that person.

Omnislash - To gain this awesome limit break, you must have gained it from the Battle Square in the Gold Saucer.

I suggest giving your character the Slash All materia or some spell that injures all enemies when trying to learn your first break for each new level. Try to find an area where you can fight many, easy to kill enemies at once (like near Mideel).

As for second breaks, try using a Hyper on the character whose break you want to learn, then give them a Cover materia so they'll take more damage and consequently have their Limit Break bars fill faster. If you're really desperate, give them a weak bracelet and a weak weapon so that they'll take more damage and be able to use their break more times without killing their opponent per battle.

To be able to use a limit break manual level 4, you must have learnt all the other limit breaks for that character, but you can still have the manual.

(Final Fantasy Worlds Apart)

d£v!l'$ ph0£n!x
05-29-2007, 11:33 AM
if u have all 6 limits breaks and still can't use the omnislash item, u may be one of the unlucky few who sucumb to the limit break glitch which prevents bu from learning lv4 limits if my memory serves. sorry buddy :(

TheSpoonyBard
05-29-2007, 12:47 PM
It's best to note that the numbers hanawa gave are only approximations. The actual values seem to vary between game to game, and as yet no one has come up with a definite answer.

The values for kills can vary between 200 (Cloud 3-1) and 40 (Caith Sith and Vincent 2-1), and the values of limit break uses can vary between nine (Barret and Tifa 1-2) and five (Aerith and Cid 3-2).

gudkid
05-30-2007, 05:46 AM
has anyone mastered all of caith sith's limits???
what are they anyways??? even though i have finished the game, my hatred for caith sith (due to his slot machine that almost always results to self-KO) disabled me from using him whenever it is possible...

TheSpoonyBard
05-30-2007, 10:47 AM
Lv1-1: Dice. Throws 2-6 die depending on his level, and deals damage equal to [Number of dots * Number of recurring numbers * 100]

Lv2-1: Slots
Toy Box - Attacks an enemy
Mog Dance - Fully restores HP and MP
Toy Soldiers - Attacks all enemies
Summon - Casts a random summon spell
Transformation - Cait grows larger and allies leave the battlefield
Lucky Girl - Makes all physical attacks Critical
Game Over - Inflicts Death on all enemies
Death Joker- Inflicts Death on all allies

d£v!l'$ ph0£n!x
05-30-2007, 11:31 AM
cait sith only has the 2 limits so u hav already in fact mastered all cait sith's limit breaks. :D isnt it great when you accomplish something without realising it!

gudkid
06-02-2007, 11:36 AM
shoot!!!!!!!!!
and i suffered 846 game overs due to his death joker!!!!
f**k!!! i hate that remote controlled cat!