PDA

View Full Version : The absolute very best ff tune ever!

Crizpy
05-22-2007, 09:23 PM
Ok, after years of research, I've finaly narrowed it down to 1 song.
Well its not really a song, since no one is singing, but you get the point.

Anyway..the song that works best with the situation its beeing used in.... that gives me the best "oh my fucking God" feeling when I play a final fantasy game...
Many would say "Aeris'" theme, many would say "One winged angel"
I am fully aware of these songs, and yes - they are really good and they work very well with whats going on when they're beeing played.

But nothing comes close to "Pandemonium" in FFIX.
Seriously, it gives me the creeps.
Listen to it, its perfect in every single way. There is no way anyone could make a better "theme" to whats going on in the game when its beeing played.
Its simply perfection.

That is all.

jammi567
05-23-2007, 10:12 AM
Okay...i can kind of see what you're saying, but i wouldn't call it the best song every for any kind of situation.

Elpizo
05-23-2007, 11:32 AM
The FF series has too many great tracks/tunes/songs/whatever to really pick the best out of them. There are just too many excellent ones to choose from. Really.

Vivisteiner
05-23-2007, 02:56 PM
I like the Pandemonium tune, but I woulndnt say its the best.

I would reserve that for the opening tune of FFIX, 'The place I'll return to Someday.' You cannot get a composition better than that. I do composing myself - and that is pure genius. 3 interweaving melodies - each unique, forming a magnificent piece.

DarkLadyNyara
05-23-2007, 04:35 PM
The FF series has too many great tracks/tunes/songs/whatever to really pick the best out of them. There are just too many excellent ones to choose from. Really.

QFT. :D

fifie
05-23-2007, 06:31 PM
if we're going for IX tunes, I would say that 'The Chosen Summoner/ Light of Time' is really beautiful too.

Karellen
05-23-2007, 07:03 PM
YouTube - Theme from Final Fantasy XII "Road of Hope" (http://youtube.com/watch?v=AdtVe1cvCzg)

Bolivar
05-24-2007, 03:57 AM
Mine would have to be the overworld theme from IV. Second, the enterprise/falcon theme in IV. That game probably has my favorite music.

MikeL Valentine
05-24-2007, 08:25 PM
Final Fantasy series have the best tunes/themes I have ever listened to but the one that makes my heart bit harder is the almighty "Prelude" it's just so beutifull.........

Rengori
06-17-2007, 03:31 AM
That one that plays when you're fighting Trance Kuja in FFIX.

Laddy
06-17-2007, 04:36 AM
That one that plays when you're fighting Trance Kuja in FFIX.QFT.

The Crystal
06-17-2007, 05:38 AM
Final Fantasy series have the best tunes/themes I have ever listened to but the one that makes my heart bit harder is the almighty "Prelude" it's just so beutifull.........

Lynx
06-17-2007, 07:29 AM
lockes theme and ffiv prologue are my favorites

gothic_fantasy
06-18-2007, 10:07 AM
I loved Shadow's theme from VI, especially the version played in the ending credits. I also loved Tina's theme and Aria di Mezzo from VI.
The prelude from FF7 makes me quite nostalgic cos it was the first piece of music I heard from the first FF I ever played so whenever I hear it it reminds me of that time...
Apart from that I also loved To Zanarkand and the orchestral version of Suteki da Ne from FFX. Altogether those are my favorite tracks from FF, oh and Seto's theme from FF7 that always makes me cry :(

Cledarius
06-18-2007, 11:44 AM
My favourites in the FF series are:

FFVII: Cid's Theme
FFVIII: The Landing and Oath
FFIX: Totally agree with Pandemonium
FFX: To Zanarkand

Every FF has it's own touch. So i can't say which song from the above i like most, they are all great in their own way in the FF they're in.

ReloadPsi
06-18-2007, 01:10 PM
Still More Fighting/Those Who Fight Further/Furthermore Fighting People/Whatever you wanna consider to be the right translation. I fell in love with this tune the moment I heard it, despite it being in 6/8 time which I normally hate.

I still love it now.

silentenigma
06-20-2007, 03:52 AM
one winged angel fo sho.

or maybe to zanarkand.

Masamunemaster
06-20-2007, 05:45 AM
Has to be FF1s theme song (THE theme song) because I have it for my ringtone

FF_Chick
06-20-2007, 11:05 PM
Dancing mad or Dark Messanger. I'm not too sure. Heck, maybe even Tina's theme!

DarkLadyNyara
06-21-2007, 04:26 AM
That one that plays when you're fighting Trance Kuja in FFIX.

Seconded. Dark Messenger rocks. :D

I also love the Paramina Rift music in FFXII.

LunarWeaver
06-21-2007, 04:45 AM
I think that I read an interview once where Uematsu stated he felt To Zanarkand was the best song he'd ever written for the series, so I'm just going to go with that.

Treasure Hunter Locke
06-21-2007, 04:45 AM
The ones I like. Dark Messenger (FFIX), Force Your Way (FFVIII), J-E-N-O-V-A (FFVII), Terra (FFVI), To Zanarkand (FFX), Clash on the Big Bridge (Unsure if that's what it's called as I have seen various names for it. FFV version), Aria Di Mezzo Carratere (FFVI), Aerith's Theme (FFVII), Memory of the Wind (FFIII DS)

I can't exactly pick one as I like them all.

Zeromus_X
06-21-2007, 04:57 AM

QFT. :D

Brennan
06-21-2007, 03:13 PM
FF1: Theme
FF2: Theme
FF3: Unsure
FF4: Theme
FF5: Battle on the Big Bridge
FF6: Decisive Battle
FF7: J-E-N-O-V-A
FF8: Force your way
FF9: Semi-Final Battle
FF10: To Zanarkand
FF12: Road of Hope

Takara
06-21-2007, 10:04 PM
Hard to pick one for the series. I have a favourite one for each game, though.

FFI: Main Theme
FFII: Rebel Army Theme
FFIII: Eternal Wind (Famicon) or Memory of the Wind ~Legend of the Eternal Wind~ (DS)
FFIV: Prologue...
FFV: The Land Unknown
FFVI: Aria di Mezzo Caraterre
FFVII: Still More Fighting
FFVIII: Liberi Fatali
FFIX: Rose of May
FFX: To Zanarkand

I don't have the FFT and FFXII soundtracks yet, so I have not heard all the tracks in those games.

Darkja
06-22-2007, 03:04 PM
Still More Fighting/Those Who Fight Further/Furthermore Fighting People/Whatever you wanna consider to be the right translation.

Agreed.
I remember dragging some battles on just to listen to it :D
/

Ashley Schovitz
06-22-2007, 07:46 PM
There are really a lot to choose from, but I can say that You Are Not Alone and "The Place I'll Return to Someday"

Big Brother
06-23-2007, 01:53 AM
FFIV: Battle 2, Main Theme, the fiend battle music, FInal Battle, Rydia's theme, Within the Giant

FFV: Decisive Battle, Final Battle

FFVI: Terra, Dancing Mad

FFVII: Main Theme, Aeris' Theme, Mining Town, J-E-N-O-V-A, Jenova Absolute, Still More Fighting, One-Winged Angel, Staff Roll

FFVIII: Liberi Fatali, SeeD, The Landing, Force Your Way, Waltz for the Moon, Roses and Wine, Man With the Machinegun, Love Grows, Find Your Way, Premonition, Fragments of Memories, Rivals, Only a Plank Between One and Perdition, Eyes on Me, Legendary Beast, The Extreme, Ending Theme

FFIX: The Place I will Return Someday, Feel My Blade, Vamo Allo' Flamenco, Captivating Eyes, Your Warmth, Mistaken Love, Battle 2, Over the Hill, Zidane's Theme, Song of Memories, Hunters' Chance, Forgotten Face, Mystery Sword, Immoral Melody, Cleyra Settlement, Extraction, Ambush Attack, Rose of May, Black Mage Village, Wall of the Illusionary Beasts, Iifa Tree, Protecting My Devotion, Oeilvert, Mount Gulug, Consecutive Battles, Terra, You're Not Alone!, Dissipating Sorrow, Dark Messenger, Final Battle, I Want to be Your Canary, Melodies of Life/ Final Fantasy

FFX: To Zanarkand, Tidus' Theme, Run, Battle Theme, Hopeless Desire, Blitzball Gamblers, Besaid Island, Hymn of the Fayth, Between Ordeals, Daughter og the High Summoner, Yuna's Theme, The Sending, Welcoming of Maester Mika, Auron's Theme, Seymour's Theme, Rikku's Theme, Seymour's Ambition, Those Who Come Closer, Crisis, Revealed Truth, Attack, Via Purifico, Time of Judgment, Suteki da Na, Yuna's Decision, People of the Far North, Song of Prayer (Ronso Tribe), Someday the Dream Will End, Challenge, Seymour Battle, Contest of Aeons, Decisive Battle, Ending Theme

FFX-2: Eternity ~Memory of the Lightwaves~, Gagazet Mountain, I'll Give You Something Hot, Youth League, Guadosalam, New Yevon Party, Zanarkand Ruins, Temple, Under Bevelle, Yuna's Ballad, Summoned Beast, 1000 Words, PArty, Vegnagun Starting, Demise

Auragaea
06-23-2007, 03:20 AM
You were only supposed to select one Big Brother :p

Anyway, my favorite tune from all FFs would be As You Feel, I Feel from FFV.

Big Brother
06-23-2007, 03:40 AM
I know, but they're all just so good

Paul
07-08-2007, 02:18 AM
Johnny C. Bad

got that 12 bar blues :skull::skull::skull::skull: goin on... make a brother wanna hit the floor

Obsidian
07-08-2007, 06:32 AM
Dancing Mad, the last boss music from FFVI.

17 minutes of pure epic rock. <3

PeneloRatsbane
07-08-2007, 09:33 PM
Yuffie's theme FFVII. so bouncy, and the chocobo racing music, altho both of those can get annoying

Super Sepiroth
07-09-2007, 08:45 PM
the boss theme from FFVII was the best IMO. is it the one you call Still more fighing? never known the name, but the whole guitar thing works perfectly, it rocks!

Northcrest
07-09-2007, 10:00 PM
I like the boss fight theme song in Final Fantasy VI sadly I don't know what it is called.