PDA

View Full Version : Square is retarded!

B-dup
05-23-2007, 09:52 PM
What makes them think that they can work on multiple titles at the same time! They got 2 ds games, 2 ps3 games, agito, dissedia, the last remnant, kingdom hearts 3, and star ocean! it'll be fall of 08 or maybe spring 09 till ff 13 comes out. And if they think like the other companies saying it would b smarter to go multiplatform, then they would definately b making ffvii a remake! All i can say is next year is gonna b super hot! It just sux to have to wait this long.

FF_Chick
05-23-2007, 09:58 PM
Different people work on different games. Not all FF games are made by the same people. Matrix is doing FFIVDS, for example.

Oh, and don't expect a FFVII remake anytime soon. Maybe 2 years from now, but I still dout even that.

Little Blue
05-23-2007, 10:00 PM
Plus different teams of people inside SE working on the stuff they don't want to outsource. The same people would be working on XIII even if there were no other titles in development, meaning that they're be a lot of bored folk hanging around SE HQ with nothing to do.

Flying Mullet
05-23-2007, 10:01 PM
Actually, SE purposely put so many titles into development so people would whine about it on message boards.

Jessweeee♪
05-23-2007, 10:02 PM
This thread title is politically incorrect, and my feelings have been hurt upon reading it.

KasaiDraco
05-23-2007, 10:11 PM
Retard is French for delay.

Renmiri
05-24-2007, 12:52 AM
If they were in US then I would be saying it is the stock market demanding new products from them.

Wall Street has a tendency on focusing of only seeing short term gain and eventually killing all companies they invest on because of shortsighted goals that derail all that made a company special to start with :(

atlanteay
05-24-2007, 04:17 AM
they're geniuses actually. By announcing so many titles, it attracts lots of fans. Then, they use couple of years to develop the game and at the same time gaining more fans and buyers.

Zeromus_X
05-24-2007, 05:35 AM
FYI, tri-Ace is the developer of Star Ocean, not Square-Enix, which is the publisher.

I also do not see what is the big deal with SE working on multiple games at one time...especially if each game is being worked on by a different development team.

B-dup
05-24-2007, 06:53 AM
ya but having so many titles would put all the teams in a stressful mood. i already wait like 2 extra years to play 12 and now itll b another 2 year b 4 i play another ff, wat a drag!

o ya they better b comin out with a demo like 12 too. i was so excited when i played the 12 demo i almost shat myself!

Please do not double post, B-dup. Use the edit/delete button. ~ Leeza

Orophin
05-24-2007, 01:06 PM
They have more than one team to make games you know. :rolleyes2 They even have some 2nd parties like Level-5.

Final Fantasy IV (DS): Matrix Software (Final Fantasy III (DS), Dragon Quest V (PS2))
Final Fantasy XIII: Toriyama's team (Final Fantasy X, X-2)
Final Fantasy Versus XIII: Nomura's team (Kingdom Hearts series and Advent Children)
Star Ocean 4: Tri-Ace (Star Ocean series)
Dragon Quest IX: Level-5 (Dragon Quest VIII, Dark Cloud series)

Flying Mullet
05-24-2007, 01:58 PM
ya but having so many titles would put all the teams in a stressful mood.
Why would the teams be in a stressful mood? Each team only works on one game and is only responsible for one game. The number of games the company has in development doesn't change anything.

Vivisteiner
05-24-2007, 02:47 PM
SE is really rich. It has loads of people, so therefore it can divide those people into groups and produce lots of games at the same time.

Other companys aren't as big, so they cant do that.

B-dup
05-26-2007, 08:47 AM
ya i dont really kno how big the teams r i just seen a couple teams for other games that had like 20-30 ppl workin on a game. if the gameplay is gonna b like wat the trailer says the limit breaks should be real tight then, actually idk, r they doin limits or that gravity thing?

Bolivar
05-27-2007, 10:57 PM
I don't think it'll be a problem at all. There's nothing except assumptions that could indicate that.

tidus_rox
06-03-2007, 03:45 AM
MMM... I think when I game takes longer to make, it is better. If you want Sqaure Enix to pump out a FF ever year... then you should expect them to be pieces of huge crap. But FF XIII is going to own... FFV XIII is going to own even more. FF IV... well this is the first time I have heard of FF IV so yeah... lol

Mirage
06-03-2007, 03:55 AM
actually idk
Pretty much sums it up.

-edit-
Also, Square Enix has over 3000 employees. I'd think a company of that size would be able to handle the development of 5 games at the same time. Star Ocean 4 isn't even developed by Square Enix, just published by them.

Hazzard
06-03-2007, 09:44 AM
Overall, instead of being negative haters, let's look on the positive side and think about what Lighting will offer us, in the new installment...