PDA

View Full Version : NHL Stanley Cup Finals

Strider
05-24-2007, 12:01 AM
This is for the four of us who still watch hockey... it's time to hand out Lord Stanley's Cup!

I'm a bit disappointed that the Sharks fell short (AGAIN, AUGH) against the Detroit Red Wings, but that disappointment turned to surprise when Anaheim took that same team down in six games. Jean-Sebastian Giguere turned uber again, as he did in 2003, and Chris Pronger and company did just enough despite being outplayed in several games to steal the series.

In the Eastern Conference, the Ottawa Senators are into the finals for the first time in franchise history. Ray Emery has been solid in goal, and that Heatley-Spezza-Alfredsson line is scary good. Those three have come up huge in the playoffs, and the Ducks are going to have their hands full keeping them in check.

So who ya got?

Bloodline666
05-24-2007, 12:07 AM
Even though I am a Dallas Stars fan (they're the only NHL team in my homestate), this year, I say the Stanley Cup goes back to the country of its birth. Thus, I'm going for Ottawa.

However, I do not have access to watching the first two games, because even though my dad has Dish Network, we don't have the package that carries Versus, which is the channel the first two games will be televised on. And I don't plan on getting that channel any time soon, either, because of what I heard that particular channel did during the third Overtime of Game 1 of the Stars/Canucks series (which is identical to what NBC did to the Jets/Raiders game back in 1968, which SHOULD have set the precedent that all channels airing sports games must show every game to their conclusion, regardless of the score). Plus, I hate the fact that not every cable/satellite provider carries that channel.

Kirobaito
05-24-2007, 12:09 AM
I want Ottawa to win because I don't want another team from the Pac Div to win.

Doomie
05-24-2007, 01:02 AM
Ottawa for me too. Not only because they're Canadian, but also because that top line is just WOW.

Strider
05-25-2007, 10:18 PM
As a Sharks fan, I'm pretty much obligated to root against Anaheim. I think it goes at least 6 games, though, considering Giguere was huge against Detroit, who I thought that was truly the best team in hockey this year.

Faris
05-25-2007, 11:17 PM
Only because I live in Ottawa:

GO SENS GO!

fire_of_avalon
05-25-2007, 11:33 PM
I just don't want the cup to go away from me. I've met it twice.

That being said, from what I've kept up with, I'm betting Anaheim.