PDA

View Full Version : Differences between PSX and SNES version

TrainGhostNº2
05-24-2007, 07:32 PM
Hello, I'm new in here.
I had a little question about the PSX version of this game, particularly the PAL one. I was wondering if there's some scenes missing in this port, because I recently found a SNES script and while reading it noticed a minor difference: In the shop of Jidoor, when Sabin is buying clothes for Gau before meeting his father, the SNES script went like this:
"(...)Impossible! SETZER! How dare you think of sticking him in that kinda getup?!
EDGAR: I got it! A tuxedo, silk hat...and... ...a rose in his teeth!
LOCKE: I think that's overdoing it just a bit... He should have a
bandana on his head!
EDGAR: What's so great about a bandana? Most of the time I see 'em
tied around dogs at the beach!
LOCKE: HEY! What do you mean by that? (LOCKE pummels EDGAR.)"

However, in the PSX, although I had all 13 characters in my team, the scene ended with the "How dare you think of sticking him in that kinda getup" line. I don't really know if it's different in the SNES; I've only read the script. But if it's true, why did they shorten that scene? There's no sense in it. Does anybody know if there are more scenes missing in the PSX port?

Nevermore
05-28-2007, 03:43 AM
"(...)Impossible! SETZER! How dare you think of sticking him in that kinda getup?!
EDGAR: I got it! A tuxedo, silk hat...and... ...a rose in his teeth!
LOCKE: I think that's overdoing it just a bit... He should have a
bandana on his head!
EDGAR: What's so great about a bandana? Most of the time I see 'em
tied around dogs at the beach!
LOCKE: HEY! What do you mean by that? (LOCKE pummels EDGAR.)"

Never saw that in the snes version. The fuck you on?

Mirage
05-28-2007, 04:55 AM
The PS1 version is the same as the SNES version, just at half speed and with an opening and ending FMV.

Bolivar
05-28-2007, 05:44 AM
I heard due to the transition from cartridge to disc, that the graphics and sound quality are actually worse in FFAnthologies than in their SNES counterparts. Load times is probably the most noticable difference.

As far as your question, I don't specifically remember that scene either, although there might be certain circumstances in your game which caused you to see it at that time, and not at another.

bipper
05-28-2007, 02:51 PM
You only see that scene if you bring gau into gau's father's house. It is an optional scene. IT is in both versions, as I have played both, and done it in both.

TrainGhostNº2
05-28-2007, 04:09 PM
Ok. I was mistaken. That scene only appears if you bring Edgar and Locke, alongside Sabin and Gau, to the old man's house. By chance I had never put Locke in the party, so I thought the scene was missing.:rolleyes2

blackmage_nuke
05-28-2007, 11:11 PM
The PS1 version is the same as the SNES version, just at half speed and with an opening and ending FMV.

You forget the third FMV in the secrets or hidden menu when you win