PDA

View Full Version : A troll, an elf and a dwarf enter a bar...

Discord
05-25-2007, 01:49 AM
Which is your favourite race and in which game did you enjoy playing it the most?

NINJA_Ryu
05-25-2007, 03:35 AM
Zelda....

I cannot imagine a better time with an elf,bows, swords, and horses!!!

Zeromus_X
05-25-2007, 03:43 AM
I would have to go with elves. They seem to always be the coolest characters in RPGs (although, not always the nicest...).

Zante
05-25-2007, 07:11 AM
I love to play drow (dark elves), I usually play one in DnD based games.

Azure Chrysanthemum
05-25-2007, 07:40 AM
It's rare that I use another fantasy race unless the concept is specifically intended for it. I play a good amount of D&D and the bonus feat and extra skill points are just too delicious to pass up, as is the fact that there's usually a great deal more variance in culture for humans than there are for the other fantasy races, who tend to have a few subdivisions (unless they're elves, but eating a -2 con penalty isn't something I'm often willing to do, other unbalanced racial adjustments for the superfluous elf subraces nonwithstanding.).

NeoCracker
05-25-2007, 10:10 AM
God I hate Elves! They need to keel over and Die! Especially those damned Dark Elves. The most overrated piece of elf trash to ever disgrace my eyes and ears!

Though for some reason I like Grey elves.

But Halflings are the way to be man, that or whisper gnomes.

Goliaths rock to though.

Bunny
05-25-2007, 12:10 PM
Gnomes for games like World of Warcraft, where they are a cut above the rest in matters magical. When Dungeons and Dragons comes into question, I prfer Humans for the reasons that Behold the Void listed above. Half-Elves are often acceptable races as well.

Markus. D
05-25-2007, 12:10 PM
Human.

more games to enjoy em in.

Slothy
05-25-2007, 02:00 PM
Elves and Orcs. Warcraft rocks.

Discord
05-25-2007, 03:41 PM
I think I'll go with humans too. They're are often portrayed as easy-going and carefree characters, which are, in my opinion, funner to play than other races, except for Orcs, who are generally the evil counterpart for the humans. Elves are just fun to play as bowmen.

Madame Adequate
05-25-2007, 09:23 PM
Tauren.

Of that list? Orcs, but only because of WH40K and WoW, both of which have sheer badass as their template for Orcish races.

Don't care for Elves much, although TFT-era Sin'dorei are great, and they do have a badass city in WoW.

Let's see... always been partial to Dwarves. Hard-drinking, hard working, hard-headed. They're an agreeable race on the whole.

Araciel
05-26-2007, 04:50 PM
It's rare that I use another fantasy race unless the concept is specifically intended for it. I play a good amount of D&D and the bonus feat and extra skill points are just too delicious to pass up, as is the fact that there's usually a great deal more variance in culture for humans than there are for the other fantasy races, who tend to have a few subdivisions (unless they're elves, but eating a -2 con penalty isn't something I'm often willing to do, other unbalanced racial adjustments for the superfluous elf subraces nonwithstanding.).

what he said.

Eiko Guy
05-26-2007, 04:55 PM
Dark elves with cool swords and spells.
I like to play them in my mind.

Discord
05-26-2007, 05:07 PM
Now extra points go to the EoFFer who can complete the joke from the title.

Araciel
05-26-2007, 05:10 PM
Dark elves with cool swords and spells.
I like to play them in my mind.

*makes pre-emptive drizzt-bashing comment even though he wasn't mentioned*

Tallulah
05-26-2007, 05:25 PM
Dude! Tauren is not on the list! My WoW character is a Tauren. This is blatant racism! :mad:

But yeah... I played my friend's troll (badly) one time... it was kind of cool. In WoW it's more about classes than races.

Spammerman
05-26-2007, 06:29 PM
Elves. My fav games to play a elf so far is a wood elf in oblivion and a night elf in WoW.

Rostum
05-27-2007, 02:47 AM
Tarutaru!

Oh, um, dwarfs and humans are cool. Sometimes elves can be cool too. Trolls are fairly awesome as well.

Goldenboko
05-27-2007, 03:24 AM
Gnomes are dirty little creatures...

DIRTY GNOMES!

Freya
05-27-2007, 06:11 AM
Elves, They always seem the coolest. Nelfs, Belfs, Delfs, Helfs, Welfs, Whatever! They just seem to have more badassery to them. They always look good, even when they kill things!

Discord
05-27-2007, 01:46 PM
Elves, They always seem the coolest. Nelfs, Belfs, Delfs, Helfs, Welfs, Whatever! They just seem to have more badassery to them. They always look good, even when they kill things!

Not the The Elder Scrolls High Elves, that's certain.:p

TES3:

http://www.gamebanshee.com/morrowind/races/highelffemale.jpg

TES4:

http://gameexe.pl/gfx/oblivion/races/highelf.jpg

I think they'll look alright in TES5 though, once they actually start resembling the concept art:

http://www.elderscrolls.com/images/codex/races/highelf.gif

Spammerman
05-27-2007, 04:31 PM
A troll, elf, and dwarf walk into the bar. That is the joke.

OR

A troll, elf, and dwarf walk into the bar and the troll asked the elf why the dwarf has such a short temper.

10-Breaker
05-27-2007, 10:47 PM
Elves I like.
Supreme bow skills they have.

Old Manus
05-27-2007, 11:19 PM
Wookies

Yuffie514
05-28-2007, 08:40 AM
the only MMO i played was Final Fantasy XI and i would say, elves.

ReloadPsi
05-28-2007, 11:57 AM
Human. None of the other races ever appeal to me, and I always feel kinda cheap playing as them anyway.

sockmonkey
06-06-2007, 03:52 PM
In D&D I usually go with the elf or half-elf since the racial adjustments are pretty good and I rarely manage to keep a game going long enough for the level limits to kick in.

Araciel
06-06-2007, 07:27 PM
dude i couldn't disagree more...i think elves have the best, most brokenated racials, but half elves totally get the shaft..even in 3.5

Peter_20
06-08-2007, 10:39 AM
Aha, you mean the Quendi, the Atani, the Naugrim, the Periannath, the Glamhoth and the Olog-hai. :D

I always loved the Elves.
Seriously, if I could choose to become one, I would.
I love their fair, elegant style and everything. :monster: