PDA

View Full Version : I'm a total rookie on this game; will I manage without a Memory Card?

Peter_20
05-25-2007, 10:16 AM
The topic says it all.
I was starting on this game the other day, but then I found out that my PS1 Memory Card didn't work, bah. :(

I won't have this, I'm gonna play the game anyway and be on the lookout for a PS2 Memory Card.
However, I'm just wondering if I will manage decently without dying?
I'm a very experienced FF player, but will I manage this particular game without saving?

Little Blue
05-25-2007, 10:35 AM
Pretty much yeah, FFX is pretty. Its not adviseable though, what with the chance of missing items you might want, or more importantly, the possibility of power failures / someone turning your console off etc.

I would advise to go play IX (even if you already have) until you get a PS2 mem card.

Though I thought it was common knowledge PS2 games won't save to PS1 mem cards...

Vivisteiner
05-25-2007, 10:44 AM
There'll be a few bosses that I wager you'll die on. But if you train a lot, then you probably wont.

But its bad for your PS2 to leave it on. Go play FFIX!

tidus_rox
05-26-2007, 05:04 AM
lol... I never died, I think FFX is too easy peasy...

Jessweeee♪
05-30-2007, 11:44 PM
I hate the people that post here :eep:

Aaaanyway. Your first time through, I doubt it. OVERLEVEL LIKE CRAZY!

dragontamer
05-31-2007, 12:38 PM
If you're being serious... *winces* You are, are'nt you? i think you should splash the cash on a Ps2 memory card, they're about 20 quid (are you british? American? Other?) Argos sells thoes damm things, i think they've got about 20,000 MB or something...
Give it a try without if you want, Good Luck!

d£v!l'$ ph0£n!x
05-31-2007, 12:42 PM
yeh it'll only take u 5 mins to get a ps2 card. but if ur gonna wait till u come across one, then don't play iX, play VII or VIII :D

Firo Volondé
05-31-2007, 02:42 PM
If you can't get a memory card immediately and are looking for something else to play, I suggest - I warn you, this may seem a little crazy - PLAY A GAME APART FROM FINAL FANTASY. ;) Anyway, I wouldn't recommend that you try to go the whole way through without saving, since one mistake and you'll have lost all of your progress.

Bashini
06-19-2007, 12:12 AM
Well, it is possible to get through the game without sleeping, but I would recommend spending the 20-30 dollars for a PS2 card or borrow one.

cloud21zidane16
06-19-2007, 12:56 AM
just go on ebay theres memory card bids ending every few minutes, but you shoudnt die much anyway;)

Tavrobel
06-19-2007, 12:58 AM
Welcome to 2001, Peter_20!

btw, most PS2 games work the same way.

Mirage
06-19-2007, 01:21 AM
If you're being serious... *winces* You are, are'nt you? i think you should splash the cash on a Ps2 memory card, they're about 20 quid (are you british? American? Other?) Argos sells thoes damm things, i think they've got about 20,000 MB or something...
Give it a try without if you want, Good Luck!

20 GB memory card? Non-existent.

Peter_20
06-19-2007, 10:32 AM
(are you british? American? Other?)I ain't from no English-speaking country whatsoever, but your thinking so flatters me, because this means my English is pretty good. :cool:

Oh, and for the record, I'm from Sweden. :)

loza
06-19-2007, 11:15 AM
get a mem card asap!! even if it is easy to play FF you NEED A MEM CARD!! if you make a mistake during the game you can't go back and undo it. Even if you are an experienced play of FF GET ONE!! i tried to play FF9 without saving :rolleyes2 i got killed by the VERY last boss and i had Zidane up 2 level 70!!! *sigh* :( figures...

Peter_20
06-19-2007, 01:02 PM
get a mem card asap!! even if it is easy to play FF you NEED A MEM CARD!! if you make a mistake during the game you can't go back and undo it. Even if you are an experienced play of FF GET ONE!! i tried to play FF9 without saving :rolleyes2 i got killed by the VERY last boss and i had Zidane up 2 level 70!!! *sigh* :( figures...Wow, and I was pissed off when Gizamaluke killed me and I had not saved since Dali. :eek:

Oh well, I've actually got a Memory Card now, and suddenly FF10 became much more enjoyable. :monster:

crazybayman
06-19-2007, 01:17 PM
Daniel Alfreddson for king!

But yeah, spend the cash on a memory card. FFX is easy to finish, but one wee mistake and you'll die, its game over, and all those hours spent on in-game progress and levelling will have been a waste.

You'll need a memory card for just about every other PS2 game, anyway.

cally777
06-23-2007, 07:08 AM
I think you will indeed get more out of the game with a card. Although you could probably finish it in around 40 hours, there is a lot more you can do with side quests and the monster arena, ultimate weapons etc. I have saves over 400 hours! Ten times value for money I guess.

:choc::choc::choc:

Carl the Llama
06-23-2007, 10:44 AM
When I saw the title of this thread I rofl'ed for a good 5 mins, in short yes you really should get a memory card, I remember the first time I played it there was this one boss on Mt. Gagazette that killed me (I hadnt had the slightest bit of trouble at all up to that point) but its always best to be safe then sorry.

Amin_Strife
07-15-2007, 05:13 PM
haha well i played FFX for the first time without a memory card as well xD I did a rental on FFX. I managed to progress the game without game overs till Lord Ochu.xD I didn't know what to expect xD Ow well...even though i played without MC..it still was evident to me that the game rocked zo I went to buy a Memory Card and the only Non-Platinum version of the game left in the Netherlands the day after xD

Heath
07-15-2007, 05:27 PM
When I saw the title of this thread I rofl'ed for a good 5 mins, in short yes you really should get a memory card, I remember the first time I played it there was this one boss on Mt. Gagazette that killed me (I hadnt had the slightest bit of trouble at all up to that point) but its always best to be safe then sorry.

Yeah, it wasn't until that point in the game that I got a game over actually.

But yeah, you could've managed a good while into the game before you needed one, but it'll be a much more enjoyable game now you can save. Enjoy FFX!

Griff
07-15-2007, 09:01 PM
Daniel Alfreddson for king!

Hell Yeah!
Mats Sundin for court jester! (why not? he plays like one)

Oh....right....thread topic...
Yeah, no memory card would have been a dumb idea...

Namelessfengir
07-15-2007, 09:31 PM
must have mc if for nothing else then to get better prizes in blitzball

The Ceej
07-16-2007, 01:38 AM
I've never gotten a game over in this game and I still wouldn't attempt it without a memory card. There are too many contingencies (in game and out) that can cause you to lose your progress. It probably won't happen, but you want to be prepared.

daggertrepe
07-16-2007, 02:53 AM
YUNALESCA.

You will die.

Eiko Guy
07-16-2007, 06:16 AM
The worst thing for me was I would play for a while and get stuck not at a boss but at something else. Strange but true. oh and SIn will gravija you into the beforelife!

qwertysaur
07-16-2007, 07:04 AM
Also the third fight with Seymour could quickly give you a game over.

cally777
07-17-2007, 05:09 PM
I wouldn't big up the bosses. I don't remember one defeating me first time except Seymour on Mt Gagazet. And that was probably over confidence after repeatedly kicking his arse.

Actually my first game over was from a marlborough, which if you're not prepared (as u may not be as its random) can kill u very easily in a short time. More dangerous than a boss to newbies.

Of course I now know to always carry 1st strike. But anyway u need a card if u dont want to read strategy guides.

:choc::choc::choc:

smily face
07-19-2007, 11:50 PM
your not going to make but who cares its your game

Leen-Leen
07-20-2007, 05:40 AM
YUNALESCA.

You will die.

And also I think it's just not worth the hassle without a memory card. I mean, I always thought of FFX as a long game (with cut scenes and all, though) For peace of mind, you should try to get a memory card. xD

Lone Wolf Leonhart
07-21-2007, 09:32 AM
It is not a good idea to leave your playstation on for 40+ hours.

It is also not healthy to sit in front of a television for 40+ hours.

Memory Card FTW.