PDA

View Full Version : Sumter ... Not Sumner, though it would've been equally appropriate.

rubah
05-25-2007, 11:05 PM
What are your thoughts on the Civil War between the States?

Do you think the SOUTH SHALL RISE AGAIN, and are a little bitter at how dirt poor you are now because them yankees took all your grandpappies slaves away, or are you PROUD OF YOUR YANKEE HERITEGE and good thing we don't have any states rights no more!?

escobert
05-25-2007, 11:09 PM
As any good Vermonter would say. I <3 Vermont and the rest fo the USA can suck a ding dong.

Psychotic
05-25-2007, 11:14 PM
I'm not American so I'll talk about the War of the Roses instead.

DAMN YOU, LANCASTER! DAMN YOU!

oddler
05-25-2007, 11:14 PM
I despise history.

theundeadhero
05-25-2007, 11:18 PM
Coming soon:

A whole new civil war! NEW SIDES! NEW ISSUES!

Who will withdraw? Who will win? Which famous historical building will burn in flames?

Keep living to find out the answers to these important question.

Lynx
05-25-2007, 11:20 PM
as a new yorker ive noticed that the rest of the country hates us :p something about new york gives everyone the impression that you must be a rude fighting type :D

Freya
05-25-2007, 11:21 PM
My state would get owned. We have so little amount of people here. We have 515,004 people and are the 50th ranked state in population. We can't do jack. You guys can just kill each other while we crack another beer open and watch the explosions from our mountains.(and not the brokeback ones)

Shoeberto
05-25-2007, 11:27 PM
I was really hoping this thread would be about Julius Sumner Miller, (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Julius_Sumner_Miller) who is a certified Mega Pimp.

rubah
05-25-2007, 11:39 PM
you can make your own, dear!

Renmiri
05-25-2007, 11:42 PM
as a new yorker ive noticed that the rest of the country hates us :p

What boggles my mind is how the southern rednecks profess to despise NY and all big cities yet they are soooo afraid of terrorism.

Let's face it, Osama won't target places that have more cows than people. And they hate city slickers anyway. So why the fudge do they give up all our civil liberties to combat something that will never reach them ? :mad:

It is an excuse to annoy us in the populated blues states. I just know it :eep:

I Took the Red Pill
05-26-2007, 12:02 AM
Thaddeus Stevens and the Radical Republicans were heroes of epic proportions.

Meat Puppet
05-26-2007, 01:15 AM
I was rooting for the East, but the South (I think it was the South; I must admit that I am a little rusty with my history) cheated with giant mechanical spiders. Not fair at all!

ZeZipster
05-26-2007, 01:29 AM
I was rooting for the East, but the South (I think it was the South; I must admit that I am a little rusty with my history) cheated with giant mechanical spiders. Not fair at all!

...and we would have gotten away with it too if it weren't for those meddling teenagers and their Will Smith!

rubah
05-26-2007, 02:21 AM
No, the South doesn't have robots. That's the north you're thinking of. They have robots for everything

Shiny
05-26-2007, 03:37 AM
I like Yankees. I've never been to one of their games though. :(

fire_of_avalon
05-26-2007, 04:14 AM
Oddly enough I was having this conversation with my friend Andrew last night, about whether he considers himself a Southern apologist or not. It was all based off of a book review I read. I have lots of opinions on the Civil War, and really I don't think these kinds of questions will ever be settled. There are people who insist every member of the Confederacy fought for the right to own slaves, when I know full well members of the community my family lived in had been considering illegalizing slavery within their townships. In the end, I think that class divisions motivated different people to fight for different reasons. But what's done is done, and this is the world we live in now. It's good to learn from history, to understand that this was a war basically in which brother fought brother, and it's good to think about why. But no one is ever gonna be right.

Also, I'd really appreciate it if th redneck jokes were knocked off. I don't say nasty things about northerners, so I don't appreciate nasty things being said about rednecks or southerners.

Lynx
05-26-2007, 10:52 PM
Also, I'd really appreciate it if th redneck jokes were knocked off. I don't say nasty things about northerners, so I don't appreciate nasty things being said about rednecks or southerners.

dont worry theres people up north that are considered red necks. one of my friends fits the profile pretty well. ive been called one for my outdoorsy life i jsut say "redneck? i think you mean rugged" :D